ECT Heaven is For Real

Sheila B

OK, for example. The child said Jesus had a horse. The child said the horse had many different colors.

When Christ is seen coming to earth riding his white horse.

Of course, if you view heaven as a place with no human beings yet... I could see where that would be a deal breaker. Then, yes, that all might seem too scary for that person to adapt to, and would not want a member asking questions he could not answer.

IMJerusha

There are other verses that prove there are spirits in heaven of the just men made perfect and the first born Hebrews 12:23

The spirit goes to God immediately at death:
absent from the body present with the Lord and
all are alive to Him and
we are surrounded by so great a cloud of witnesses
God is not the God of the dead but of the living...etc.

Resurrection of the body will happen at the end of time.

And Paul does say this: "For to me, to live is Christ and to die is gain. If I am to go on living in the body, this will mean fruitful labor for me. Yet what shall I choose? I do not know! I am torn between the two: I desire to depart and be with Christ, which is better by far; but it is more necessary for you that I remain in the body." Phil. 1:21-24 From this I gather that our judgement is immediate.

Sheila B

And Paul does say this: "For to me, to live is Christ and to die is gain. If I am to go on living in the body, this will mean fruitful labor for me. Yet what shall I choose? I do not know! I am torn between the two: I desire to depart and be with Christ, which is better by far; but it is more necessary for you that I remain in the body." Phil. 1:21-24 From this I gather that our judgement is immediate.

Sure, I agree also.

This would not keep someone from viewing such a movie, would it?

IMJerusha

The child met his sister who died in his mommy's tummy.

All the more reason that she would be with Yeshua in Heaven. The only thing I'm not sure about is whether the infant would have grown to be a little girl in Heaven, but you know, I think doubting that might also be trying to put God in a box.

IMJerusha

Sure, I agree also.

This would not keep someone from viewing such a movie, would it?

Well, I think it's problematic for us to stick our heads in a hole every time something challenges the faith. We're told to test the spirits. We're individually responsible to do so and that includes what pastors tell us.

User Name

Greatest poster ever
Banned
So you don't believe I Thessalonians 4:13-18 is true?

or that Psalm 6:5 is true?

Too bad, that is why I keep at it, someone might believe, maybe even you.

The word "sleep" in I Thess 4:13 refers to the state of a person's physical body in death by way of analogy to that of the body of a person who has fallen asleep--because it looks the same. Likewise with Psalm 6:5; a corpse buried in a grave certainly remembers nothing, nor can a lifeless body give thanks. But the spirit is not the body and the spirit survives the death of the body, as other members have demonstrated from scripture (i.e., Luke 20:38, Phil 1:23-24, etc).

Hebrews 12:1 in particular strongly supports this view. The author uses the present tense to describe the "cloud of witnesses" who are currently watching our progress, by which he is referring to the spirits of the saints who have passed on before us. We are not being watched by a crowd of lifeless corpses, but by the living "spirits of just men made perfect," as the author of Hebrews goes on to describe them (Heb 12:22-23 = communion of saints).

Sheila B

Well, I think it's problematic for us to stick our heads in a hole every time something challenges the faith. We're told to test the spirits. We're individually responsible to do so and that includes what pastors tell us.

I sure always have, too.

Sheila B

The word "sleep" in I Thess 4:13 refers to the state of a person's physical body in death by way of analogy to that of the body of a person who has fallen asleep--because it looks the same. Likewise with Psalm 6:5; a corpse buried in a grave certainly remembers nothing, nor can a lifeless body give thanks. But the spirit is not the body and the spirit survives the death of the body, as other members have demonstrated from scripture (i.e., Luke 20:38, Phil 1:23-24, etc).

Hebrews 12:1 in particular strongly supports this view. The author uses the present tense to describe the "cloud of witnesses" who are currently watching our progress, by which he is referring to the spirits of the saints who have passed on before us. We are not being watched by a crowd of lifeless corpses, but by the living "spirits of just men made perfect," as the author of Hebrews goes on to describe them (Heb 12:22-23 = communion of saints).

Thank you! This is what I was trying to express! (OK, maybe that was in another thread... I go to work and come back and forget where I am LOL!)

Timotheos

Although heaven is for real, Genesis 1:1, I Thessalonians 4:13-18 makes it plain that no one gets there until Jesus Christ returns to gather us

This says it all. A lot of people believe a lot of different things, but the truth is what the Bible says.

Livelystone

Anyone who is motivated to know God by the emotional or the supernatural is a babe and not skilled in the word. We need to encourage others to seek God in His word and not get involved in non biblical emotional and supernatural occurances because satan can duplicate these things and does and it is the evil one's strategy to keep us from being students of scripture. It is ok for an immature christian and an unbeliever to be moved toward Christ by these types of scenes but we are not to remain immature.

Being as the spirit/soul goes back to God when a person dies, and only God can decide future of said 'spiritual body'

How can Satan duplicate what he does not have the power to do?

Satan's only chance to influence people is while they still exist in bodies of flesh and bone............ once that body gives up the ghost only God decides its future............ should he send it to hell and the company of others who did not make the cut is not up to satan.

OCTOBER23

Originally Posted by OCTOBER23 View Post
SHEILA BC.

What do you believe narrowed down.

What Believe you ?- lol:p:p
---------------------------------------------

IMJerusha

Originally Posted by OCTOBER23 View Post
SHEILA BC.

What do you believe narrowed down.

What Believe you ?- lol:p:p
---------------------------------------------

In terms of the OP, I think she's already answered your question. What's with the "C" ie. SHEILA BC?