ECT Have You Heard? There is Scripture That Proves Two Different Creations!

Stripe

Teenage Adaptive Ninja Turtle
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
I put the phrase the two creation accounts in genesis into my browser and received 10,400,000 hits. Just read all that. I'm confident that you'll be able to find an answer that is satisfying to you.
As I said, the answer is typically implied only. When people say "there are two creation accounts," they do not want to finish a logically complete statement by adding "therefore evolution."

They want the omitted part to be implied so they don't get caught spouting more insane nonsense, which it typically all we see from Darwinists.

But, hey. I'm sure that among those thousands of links you reference, your opinion is represented somewhere. :idunno:

iamaberean

As I said, the answer is typically implied only. When people say "there are two creation accounts," they do not want to finish a logically complete statement by adding "therefore evolution."

They want the omitted part to be implied so they don't get caught spouting more insane nonsense, which it typically all we see from Darwinists.

But, hey. I'm sure that among those thousands of links you reference, your opinion is represented somewhere. :idunno:

I believe the Word of God, and this is why I quote it.

Proverbs 1:7 7The fear of the LORD is the beginning of knowledge, but fools despise wisdom and instruction

Hosea 4:6 - My people are destroyed for lack of knowledge: because thou hast rejected knowledge, I will also reject thee, that thou shalt be no priest to me: seeing thou hast forgotten the law of thy God, I will also forget thy children.

Pro 2:6 For the LORD giveth wisdom: out of his mouth cometh knowledge and understanding.

Pro 2:7 He layeth up sound wisdom for the righteous: he is a buckler to them that walk uprightly.

Psa 119:66 Teach me good judgment and knowledge: for I have believed thy commandments.

There is a lot more scripture that points out the benefit of knowledge. I will strive to keep my mind open to receive knowledge from my Savior and LORD God.

iamaberean

Some people have minds so open that their brains fall out.

Pro_10:14 Wise men lay up knowledge: but the mouth of the foolish is near destruction

Pro_15:7 The lips of the wise disperse knowledge: but the heart of the foolish doeth not so.

Pro_21:20 There is treasure to be desired and oil in the dwelling of the wise; but a foolish man spendeth it up.

Jer_5:4 Therefore I said, Surely these are poor; they are foolish: for they know not the way of the LORD, nor the judgment of their God

Gal_3:3 Are ye so foolish? having begun in the Spirit, are ye now made perfect by the flesh?

There's a lot more about foolish men who think their words are above LORD God's!

Shubee

When people say "there are two creation accounts," they do not want to finish a logically complete statement by adding "therefore evolution."

I believe that I'm logical and I already confessed being a strong believer in the book of Genesis (modulo insignificant discrepancies), primarily because of wonderful corroborating evidence.

How could there be two incongruous creation accounts? I believe it's possible that the first creation account originated from a revelatory experience by Moses. And I imagine that the second creation account is the oral tradition that Moses learned from the children of Israel, which he subsequently recorded on parchment when he wrote his five books.

JudgeRightly

裁判官が正しく判断する
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Gold Subscriber
Is there even one professedly, highly accurate translation of the Bible that resolves this discrepancy?
Then God said, “Let the earth bring forth grass, the herb that yields seed, and the fruit tree that yields fruit according to its kind, whose seed is in itself, on the earth”; and it was so. - Genesis 1:11 http://www.biblegateway.com/passage/?search=Genesis1:11&version=NKJV

before any plant of the field was in the earth and before any herb of the field had grown. For the Lord God had not caused it to rain on the earth, and there was no man to till the ground;but a mist went up from the earth and watered the whole face of the ground. . . . The Lord God planted a garden eastward in Eden, and there He put the man whom He had formed.And out of the ground the Lord God made every tree grow that is pleasant to the sight and good for food. The tree of life was also in the midst of the garden, and the tree of the knowledge of good and evil. - Genesis 2:5-6,8-9 http://www.biblegateway.com/passage/?search=Genesis2:5-6,8-9&version=NKJV

I see no discrepancies...

Stripe

LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
Is there even one professedly, highly accurate translation of the Bible that resolves this discrepancy?
Also, your agenda matters here. You claim that the Bible contradicts itself, but you insist that you do not reject it. This shows that rationality is not motivating you. The rational response to finding a discrepancy would be to reject the Biblical account.

JudgeRightly

裁判官が正しく判断する
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Gold Subscriber
Apparently, you're not even aware that the second creation account begins in Genesis 2:4 and that the very first sentence is incongruous with the day-to-day narrative in the first account.
Read the two passages again. Pay attention to the types of vegetation being created in both.

Shubee

The rational response to finding a discrepancy would be to reject the Biblical account.
Yet I have testified to being a strong believer in the book of Genesis, primarily because of wonderful corroborating evidence.

The issue that we're debating here has been compared to two seemingly honest witnesses seeing the same accident but reporting it differently. If the testimonies of the two eyewitnesses are too similar, then it's reasonable to suspect that the accident was staged and that at least one of the supposed witnesses had been coached in an attempt to defraud the insurance company. I assert that the dramatic dissimilarity is an evidence of authenticity from two radically different perspectives. Indisputably, the two accounts differ radically on an extraordinarily simple notion -- the meaning of a day. In the first creation account, six days of consecutive evenings and mornings and what happens on each day is important. The emphasis in the second creation account is how quickly everything got created, and is represented as taking place on a single day.

Shubee

Genesis 1 and 2 are merely dissimilar creation accounts. This isn't all that unusual. There are two alternative scenarios that span world history from the time of Daniel the prophet till the end of the world and there are three possible endtime scenarios depicted in the book of Revelation.

I see this addendum as exceptional supportive evidence but apparently no one here is qualified to appreciate the argument.

iamaberean

In the Old Testament the God of Covenant was Jehovah God, but because God’s people were not allowed to write down his Holy name, they replaced it with LORD.

To understand Gen 2 one must first understand that Gen 1 was when God, with input from his angels, created the earth and completed it with all the wild animals, plants, fish and yes, even mankind.

Now we go to Gen 2 where LORD God created the man Adam, with whom he made a covenant, placed him in a garden area and created all the farm animals and editable plants for his food. Then he took Adam to find a help meet from the females created in Gen 1. When they found nobody suitable there for Adam, LORD God took a bone from Adam and created Eve.

Gen 2 thru Revelation is all about God and his chosen people, which became known as the children of Israel

Stripe

LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
I have testified to being a strong believer in the book of Genesis.
You believe it to be contradictory. :idunno:

The issue that we're debating here has been compared to two seemingly honest witnesses seeing the same accident but reporting it differently. If the testimonies of the two eyewitnesses are too similar, then it's reasonable to suspect that the accident was staged and that at least one of the supposed witnesses had been coached in an attempt to defraud the insurance company. I assert that the dramatic dissimilarity is an evidence of authenticity from two radically different perspectives. Indisputably, the two accounts differ radically on an extraordinarily simple notion -- the meaning of a day. In the first creation account, six days of consecutive evenings and mornings and what happens on each day is important. The emphasis in the second creation account is how quickly everything got created, and is represented as taking place on a single day.

Was creation completed in six days?