Hagee claims Sep. 28 marks 'Hugely Significant Event'

Status
Not open for further replies.

tetelestai

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
Or perhaps heir and I, like some of the Ephesians, are fellowheirs and partakers of the promise in Christ by the gospel.

If you and heir want to deny that you guys are children of Abraham, then go ahead. I don't know how much clearer the Apostle Paul could have made it.

However, it doesn't surprise me that you two would do this.

achduke

Um......Since Abraham, God has never raised anyone up out of stones to be a child of Abraham......so.....you're wrong.

Being a child of the flesh meant NOTHING. Those who have faith are the children of Abraham.

Your Dispensationalism teaches that being a child of the flesh means something today. That's why Dispies tell Jews today that God has a special plan for them in the future.

Nothing could be further from the truth.

Dispensationalism is a mess.

I am not a dispensationalist but God does raise children of Abraham from stones. That Rock is Christ and all that have the Spirit of God are in Christ. They are children of God, living stones and also have the promise of Abraham.

Galatians 3:29 And if you are Christ's, then you are Abraham's seed, and heirs according to the promise.

tetelestai

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
I am not a dispensationalist

That's a major asset.

but God does raise children of Abraham from stones.

Not literally

That Rock is Christ and all that have the Spirit of God are in Christ. They are children of God, living stones and also have the promise of Abraham.

They are children of God because of faith. Because they have faith they are not only children of Abraham, they are heirs to the promise.

Galatians 3:29 And if you are Christ's, then you are Abraham's seed, and heirs according to the promise.

Yet the TOL poster who refers to herself as "heir" denies this verse.

Talk about irony.

steko

LIFETIME MEMBER
There's no way Hagee or those like him will take the "spiritual fulfillment" route of the SDA or JWs - I forget which - to explain away false predictions. That won't work here. So they'll either come up with some contrivance to explain how it's only been delayed (possibly due to the prayers of the faithful, which will keep suckers on the hook for more books)...or they'll just ignore it and await instructions on their next big ear tickler. If there's one thing the vast majority of Christendom has these days, it's a very short memory. Goes hand-in-hand with no discernment.

:thumb:

Yep!

steko

LIFETIME MEMBER
The "purpose" was fulfilled in Christ Jesus

2Co 1:20 For all the promises of God in him are yea, and in him Amen, unto the glory of God by us.

Your position affirms that GOD has reneged on many of His purposes and promises.

There is no longer a difference between Jew and Gentile.

There is no rank in Christ but there are distinctions.
Paul continually gives assurance to gentile believers that they are not less important in the BOC because of their non-Jewishness, as the Judaizers would have them believe.

Either Gal 3:16 is a blatant contradiction in the Bible or it is a Midrash which Paul incorporates to reassure the Galatian gentiles of their certain place in Christ.

It's all about having faith in Christ Jesus. Those who have faith in Christ Jesus are the Israel of God.

The Scripture does not confuse the definition of the term 'Israel'. Israel means ethnicity, both believing and non-believing. The 'Israel' of GOD in Gal 6 are those of ethnic Israel which believe and are still part of the nation at that present time, which would have formed the remnant, if prophecy had continued to unfold.

Last edited:

Danoh

You may want us to be, but we're not.

Lol, every time I see that picture of you in what looks to me like you perhaps leaning against your "nana," its difficult to get mad at you; you look so loving and happy there.

But, I'll ruin the moment anyway - I know we are described in Galatians 3.

So there :drum: :)

Lazy afternoon

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
The "purpose" was fulfilled in Christ Jesus

There is no longer a difference between Jew and Gentile.

It's all about having faith in Christ Jesus. Those who have faith in Christ Jesus are the Israel of God.

True, and they with their mortal children will inherit the Kingdom, which rules over all nations.

LA

tetelestai

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
Your position affirms that GOD has reneged on many of His purposes and promises.

No it doesn't.

My position is that the promises were fulfilled in Christ Jesus.

For example: Rest is found in Christ Jesus. You think rest will be found in a certain land in the Middle East.

The Scripture does not confuse the definition of the term 'Israel'. [/QUOTE]

(Hosea 11:1) "When Israel was a child, I loved him, and out of Egypt I called my son.

Who is Israel in the above verse?

Before you answer, read the following verse:

(Matt 2:15) where he stayed until the death of Herod. And so was fulfilled what the Lord had said through the prophet: “Out of Egypt I called my son.

Israel means ethnicity, both believing and non-believing.

Nope.

Also, I think your confusing "ethnicity" with "race". If not, it's impossible to have a believer and non-believer have the same ethnicity.

If you meant "race", you're wrong about that also. One third of Jacob's sons were born from slave women. Joseph married an Egyptian woman, which means the largest Israelite tribe was half Egyptian.

The 'Israel' of GOD in Gal 6 are those of ethnic Israel which believe and are still part of the nation at that present time, which would have formed the remnant, if prophecy had continued to unfold.

Prophecy played out exactly how it was supposed to.

The "Israel of God" are those who have faith in Christ Jesus.

This is the New Covenant, you keep thinking the Old Covenant is in place.

meshak

BANNED
Banned
STP has never prophesied threats against members of the Body of Christ.

Repent, hypocrite.
here you go again. You think you found loophole to attack member of the Body of Christ. And use it against LA for eternity.

pathetic.

repent, hypocrite.

Status
Not open for further replies.