Guns!

ok doser

lifeguard at the cement pond

FEDERAL JUDGE FINDS NEW YORK’S NEW CONCEALED CARRY LAW TO BE PATENTLY UNCONSTITUTIONAL, BUT ALLOWS IT TO TAKE EFFECT​

Among other alarming provisions flouting recent Supreme Court precedent, this law, which is in effect as of September 1, requires concealed carry permit applicants to:
  • Display “good moral character”
  • Disclose their social media accounts for review
  • Have in person interviews with law enforcement
  • Provide four “character references”
  • Undergo 18 hours of combined training, a tremendous increase from the existing 4-hour requirement

ok doser

lifeguard at the cement pond
Well why should a Federal Judge allow a silly thing like the U.S. Constitution to be considered. :rolleyes:

:ROFLMAO: No politicians can have one... Or Federal Judges.
This is Governor Hochul overreach that appears to be backfiring against her.

Last edited:

way 2 go

335002_vyuxmuu7miw95v7_full.jpeg

Idolater

"Foundation of the World" Dispensationalist χρ
Is anybody surprised?
No! I'm not surprised because I looked into it. There's easily a factor of ten or even 100 involved in the under-reporting error here. You just don't record non-events. Nothing happened, so there's nothing to report. I personally have used my guns defensively that I can remember, at least five times in my life. Nothing ever happened those times, but they were completely unrecorded by any agency, it wasn't even possible to record it, unless we were a surveilled society like China. Ironically, if China honored the Second Amendment absolute right to keep and bear all instruments which constitute bearable arms, they would have way better data on how widespread the defensive (MORAL) use of firearms (DGU for Defensive Gun Use) is.

But: My own analysis revealed the ugly truth though, that even at the actual reported levels of DGU's (which is under-reported), people are biased. They should be easily persuaded since DGU's compare with violent crime rates. If it were like 1000-to-1 or maybe 100-to-1, any rational population would say the RKBA obviously sustains itself. Instead DGU's are certainly more popular than violent crime (not less; iow not 1000-to-1 or 100-to-1; iow like 1-to-1, or even 0.1-to-1, which means there are likely far fewer violent crimes than would otherwise occur in a society which does not recognize the absolute human RKBA, which is enumerated in the Second Amendment to the United States Constitution, aka the second of the enumerated rights in the Bill of Rights, ratified 1791.

America would be "the wild west" (think Mexico and the whole rest of Latin America) if it weren't for the Second Amendment.

TomO

Get used to it.
Hall of Fame
..cut the weasel some slack. :rolleyes:
:unsure: Yanno....That could be fashioned into a pretty descent campaign slogan.

Cut A Weasel Some Slack 2022
I'd better get cracking if I want to submit that to the campaign though, there already is some good stuff out there.

IMG_6425.JPG

Idolater

"Foundation of the World" Dispensationalist χρ
When I was young and single I used to hide 'em around the house. Marriage, kids, grandkids...Being moderately social to keep the wife happy, these things kind of made that a bad policy IMHO.

Just keep one on ya...The only way to be armed; is to be armed. :sneaky:
Would that we could "keep one" that's long on us, instead of just a handgun though. If I had just one wish when it comes to our gun laws, it would be that carrying long guns were acceptable and or expected. Because as things are now, I have to go get my long gun if ever the need arises, which means the handgun is primarily for that purpose, to fight my way to my rifle, which is really what I want to have, if ever the need arises, if I had my druthers, all other things being equal and all things considered. :D

TomO

Get used to it.
Hall of Fame
Would that we could "keep one" that's long on us, instead of just a handgun though. If I had just one wish when it comes to our gun laws, it would be that carrying long guns were acceptable and or expected. Because as things are now, I have to go get my long gun if ever the need arises, which means the handgun is primarily for that purpose, to fight my way to my rifle, which is really what I want to have, if ever the need arises, if I had my druthers, all other things being equal and all things considered. :D
That's all handguns have ever been for. ;)