Guardians of the Galaxy

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tambora

Get your armor ready!
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
But I bet the plot and character development of the Transformer movies hasn't improved.
For the grandchildren, it is very intertaining and wholesome. And I could actually enjoy it too.
I can't take much of Sponge Bob Squarepants. I'll take the Transformers over SpongeBob any day!

Lighthouse

The Dark Knight
Gold Subscriber
Hall of Fame
For the grandchildren, it is very intertaining and wholesome. And I could actually enjoy it too.
I can't take much of Sponge Bob Squarepants. I'll take the Transformers over SpongeBob any day!
Then check out the G1 Transformers cartoon, and movie. Also the most recent cartoon: Transformers Prime.

Man...that's a really good thread in the making, though I'd expand it to include DC adaptations. Once upon a time it would be a meh list but now...hmm.
The DCCU is separate from the MCU. I wouldn't even include the Marvel movies not owned by Disney/Marvel; such as the X-Men and Spider-Man franchises, which are each owned by separate companies re: film rights.

Town Heretic

Out of Order
Hall of Fame
Haven't seen Winter Soldier or the second Thor yet, but so far, for me the best three of what I have seen would go Guardians, then the first Captain America followed closely by the first Iron Man.

Brother Vinny

Went and saw it again this past Saturday. Wasn't blindsided by the emotional sucker-punches this time around, but that first scene still got to me. I wouldn't go so far as to speculate whether James Gunn is a believer or not, but there are Christian themes woven throughout, including no less than three pictures of sacrificial love and the impact of grace in a person's life, as exemplified in Star Lord's decision to make a difference for the good after circumstances free him and his friends from prison.

Probably won't get another chance to see it again until the Phase II boxed set arrives.

Lighthouse

The Dark Knight
Gold Subscriber
Hall of Fame
My dad and I are going to see it in IMAX this Friday. It will be his first time seeing it at all. Jefferson is planning to see it on one of his two days off next week.

Status
Not open for further replies.