Greetings everyone

OhBeans

I'm really happy to have found this forum. I'm Nina, a bit of an outsider and outcast in the world. I am new and dipping my toes into things, religious. This is something I have GREAT reservations about. Religion terrifies me to the CORE. (due to severe abuse by "christians" as a child) However I very much love God, Jesus, and am trying to heal these issues. I am very blessed at this point in my life, to be able to volunteer nearly full time with the UGM, an hour a way from my home. (country life rules!)

I'm not a pious woman, and appologize for any future mistakes or offences I might not be aware of, that I'm sure to make. To be honest, I don't get shiny and new on Sunday...Ever. I have never felt quite welcomed in most churches, though I'm sweet and polite by nature. I am tattooed, and do not easily fit into prim and proper crowds.

I was born into a family of addicts, thieves, bullies and abusers. Crulety was served up to me daily as love is to other children. But By the grace of God, I have ALWAYS know that THAT was not the path for me.

I now find my deepest joy just being with the homeless in my area. Feeding them, listening to them, holding them when needed (everyone needs a gentle touch now and again) listening to bible study's from afar while preparing their meals and reading over prayer request when they come in. For the first time, I have been able to openly pray with people who are in the midst of pain.....It may be nothing for many, but for me, its a crippling barrier Ive delt with due to hating religion all together.

Sorry if this was too long or offensive for some....I just tend to be honest (another reason I'm usually off putting to others)

Anyways God Bless! ox
Nina

patrick jane

BANNED
Banned
I'm really happy to have found this forum. I'm Nina, a bit of an outsider and outcast in the world. I am new and dipping my toes into things, religious. This is something I have GREAT reservations about. Religion terrifies me to the CORE. (due to severe abuse by "christians" as a child) However I very much love God, Jesus, and am trying to heal these issues. I am very blessed at this point in my life, to be able to volunteer nearly full time with the UGM, an hour a way from my home. (country life rules!)

I'm not a pious woman, and appologize for any future mistakes or offences I might not be aware of, that I'm sure to make. To be honest, I don't get shiny and new on Sunday...Ever. I have never felt quite welcomed in most churches, though I'm sweet and polite by nature. I am tattooed, and do not easily fit into prim and proper crowds.

I was born into a family of addicts, thieves, bullies and abusers. Crulety was served up to me daily as love is to other children. But By the grace of God, I have ALWAYS know that THAT was not the path for me.

I now find my deepest joy just being with the homeless in my area. Feeding them, listening to them, holding them when needed (everyone needs a gentle touch now and again) listening to bible study's from afar while preparing their meals and reading over prayer request when they come in. For the first time, I have been able to openly pray with people who are in the midst of pain.....It may be nothing for many, but for me, its a crippling barrier Ive delt with due to hating religion all together.

Sorry if this was too long or offensive for some....I just tend to be honest (another reason I'm usually off putting to others)

Anyways God Bless! ox
Nina

many of us understand. you can grow and learn here very much, being selective and receptive. many may preach to you, it can take a while to get to know folks. welcome, and focus on Jesus Christ and God's free gift of Grace and Salvation. ahh, i started preachin' sorry - :patrol:

Truster

I can't help but wonder why you say that you are not a pious woman? Piety appears once in the scriptures and should have been translated as reverent as in the reverence we own our Creator. So you are in fact saying you are irreverent.

Reverent...showing deep, solemn respect and in the case of the Almighty that is His due.

Welcome.

Lon

TOL can have a bit of that at times, it is primarily a 'debate' website. There are some great people here, but there are a few with rough and tumble debate style. Just be warned.

Anyways God Bless! ox
Nina
:liberals: :idunno:

truthjourney

Anyways God Bless! ox
Nina
Hello Nina and welcome to TOL. :) Some of what you said resonates with me...."severe abuse by "christians" as a child"....."However I very much love God, Jesus, and am trying to heal these issues."... "Crulety was served up to me daily as love is to other children. But By the grace of God, I have ALWAYS know that THAT was not the path for me." ....
I think that abuse can harden some people who then tend be abusive. Or abuse can make someone more compassionate and loving to others. I am glad to see that you are compassionate to others.
A scripture that I keep in mind is Rom. 8:28 And we know that all things work together for good to them that love God, to them who are the called according to his purpose. Also to know that nothing can separate us from the love of God.
Your motto reminds me of another saying that I like, "When life gives you crap, make compost and grow a garden".
Again, welcome to TOL.

Ktoyou

Hall of Fame

Nina

The truth is, those who have endured pain in this life have a better chance towards salvation. It is quite simple, if you always had the highest approval, the best family, the safest life, good friends and lots of money, then why not love the material, how does one leave the love of this life behind?

Think about this; you may be blessed more than you now believe.

Tambora

Get your armor ready!
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
The truth is, those who have endured pain in this life have a better chance towards salvation. It is quite simple, if you always had the highest approval, the best family, the safest life, good friends and lots of money, then why not love the material, how does one leave the love of this life behind?

Think about this; you may be blessed more than you now believe.
There is truth in that, Kat.

Ecclesiastes 7:1-3 KJV
(1) A good name is better than precious ointment; and the day of death than the day of one's birth.
(2) It is better to go to the house of mourning, than to go to the house of feasting: for that is the end of all men; and the living will lay it to his heart.
(3) Sorrow is better than laughter: for by the sadness of the countenance the heart is made better.

Sherman

I identify as a Christian
Staff member
Administrator
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
Hi :wave2:Welcome aboard. You might want to read these---> Rules as part of getting to know this site.:)