Grandstand discussion: "Ghost's Views on The Nature of Christ"

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nang

TOL Subscriber
This thread is made available for members' opinions and comments regarding the new One on One Debate between AMR and Ghost entitled "Ghost's Views on The Nature of Christ."

The debate can be found here.

CabinetMaker

Member of the 10 year club on TOL!!
Hall of Fame
Okay, to get things rolling here, we need to know whether or not there will actually be a one-on-one. We wait with great curiosity to see if the opening post receives an answer. Stay tuned!

fool

Hall of Fame
So if the One on One doesn't happen can we use this thread to play fort in?

godrulz

Hall of Fame
Can we start a pool to guess when Ghost will lose his cool and take his marbles and go home? Post #?

nicholsmom

I think the Incarnation was a good choice. Very clear theology and a tough one to run from. Then again, ghost can be rather ghost-like, walking out the door with mystery, not to be seen again for months...
Let's hope he enjoins the battle.

Sherman

I identify as a Christian
Staff member
Administrator
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
I am rooting for Ghost. I do not believe that Jesus had two natures. I just cannot find any scriptural support for that view. Jesus is God the Son, God incarnate.

Nang

TOL Subscriber
I am rooting for Ghost. I do not believe that Jesus had two natures. I just cannot find any scriptural support for that view. Jesus is God the Son, God incarnate.

Well then, you hold to an unorthodox Christian view, for the historical church has always embraced the truths contained in the Chalcedonian Creed, that clearly defines Jesus Christ as being both fully Man and fully God.

Only heretics and false religionists have deviated or denied this teaching, since the time of Christ.

Jesus Christ Himself claimed to be the "Son of God," as well as the "Son of Man," if you require scriptural proofs.

Nang

Sherman

Staff member
Administrator
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
It's a creed. Show where in the scripture it is.

Here is my creed on the subject:

John 1: 1-5

In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God.
The same was in the beginning with God.
All things were made by him; and without him was not any thing made that was made.
In him was life; and the life was the light of men.
And the light shineth in darkness; and the darkness comprehended it not.

Why do we need artificial creeds when we have the written Word?

Nang

TOL Subscriber
It's a creed. Show where in the scripture it is.

I will defer to AMR who will be basing his arguments upon Holy Scripture during the One on One regarding this subject. Take notes. He will give you ample Scriptural evidence.

Why do we need artificial creeds when we have the written Word?

The church creeds are developed and founded upon Holy Scripture. That is their purpose. They are meant to protect and defend orthodox beliefs, according to Holy Scripture.

Anyone who deviates from the orthodox creeds, also deviates from Holy Scripture.

Nang

Sherman

Staff member
Administrator
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
'Orthodox' also includes classical theism (Calvinism) which I reject because I cannot find enough support for it in the scripture. This Dual natures creed makes Jesus sound like He has two spirits. It says the same thing about humans as well--they have a soul and a spirit. This concept when applied to Jesus states that God took the place of the human soul when He assumed a human body. He still had a human spirit with Him in that body. I can find this no place in scripture.

My theology is just simply what you find in the first chapter of John--->In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God.......And the Word was made flesh, and dwelt among us.

Nang

TOL Subscriber
'Orthodox' also includes classical theism (Calvinism) which I reject because I cannot find enough support for it in the scripture. This Dual natures creed makes Jesus sound like He has two spirits. It says the same thing about humans as well--they have a soul and a spirit. This concept when applied to Jesus states that God took the place of the human soul when He assumed a human body. He still had a human spirit with Him in that body. I can find this no place in scripture.

My theology is just simply what you find in the first chapter of John--->In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God.......And the Word was made flesh, and dwelt among us.

Inzl,

You and I are not debating. This thread is not meant to serve you and your views, or for me to defend my views . . . but it is solely to provide a forum to comment upon a specific One on One as it develops.

AMR and Ghost will debate.

Not you and I.

Nang

Sherman

Staff member
Administrator
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
I was thinking the same thing. Creeds seems very Catholic to me. I have no need of them since I have the written Word. If AMR's argument is going to be based on creeds, Ghost, you will win hands down.

Nang

TOL Subscriber
Ghost,

This thread is provided to accommodate members' opinions as to the debate of your views, not for you to trash my views.

In fact, I do not even know if you and AMR are allowed to post here during your One on One.

???

ghost

Hall of Fame
Ghost,

This thread is provided to accommodate members' opinions as to the debate of your views, not for you to trash my views.
I doubt your assessment. However, no one does a better job of trashing your views than you do, so I'll leave you to your own stupidity.

In fact, I do not even know if you and AMR are allowed to post here during your One on One.
:rotfl: There you go again. :chuckle:

Sherman

Staff member
Administrator
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
Nang, that was really cheap of you to report my post. You are are making yourself look very bad by reporting something that is not infraction material.

Status
Not open for further replies.