ECT Grace is unconditional but not universal

Status
Not open for further replies.

Grosnick Marowbe

Hall of Fame
No, I do not concur.

This suggestion reveals your true agenda. Interrupt a decent discussion with nonsense for several days that will only cause disruption and disintegration until everyone gets bored with you, and then you claim you have disproved the OP?

I hope you just go away, so others might rejoin and restore the discussion to the respectful level it first generated.

Disappear . . . please . . .

Take CR with you.

Bah! Here I thought you would be willing to be reasonable? I guess I was wrong. You ought to read some of my posts that stick to the purpose of this thread before making a judgment? However, I realize, you have an extremely poor attitude towards your fellow posters. You're basically, an angry, grouchy and cranky type of person which might have played a part in your recent lengthy ban?

Nang

TOL Subscriber
You want me to go because you don't like my questions posed you.

No, I resent you and GM hijacking my thread.

You know I am correct but refuse to acknowledge for prides sake. You'd rather I just "go away".

You are not correct, and you have been well responded to on this thread . . but the spamming one-liners have done damage, and caused others to forget the OP and they have lost interest in the thread due to the hijacking of attention.

So either go away, or respectfully accept opposition to your views without trolling the thread.

Nang

TOL Subscriber
Please accept my apology for my part. I would have been offended as well.

Indeed I accept your apology and greatly appreciate your understanding.

Not by you, I haven't with my questions to you going unanswered.

However, perhaps the thread will spring back to life if you would do so?

That would be my hope also . . . ask away, and despite my advanced age, I will attempt to "spring" back! :cool:

Sherman

I identify as a Christian
Staff member
Administrator
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
Perhaps this thread has run its course? Nang's original premise that, "Grace is unconditional but not universal" has been proven wrong. The Bible displays a myriad of evidence to the contrary. This thread has degenerated into a free for all and it appears as if it has no further purpose to exist. I hope Nang concurs?
This is not on the same level as a Urantia thread. Unless you are actually going to debate with scripture to support your argument, please leave the thread. ;)

Marginalizing threads is discouraged unless it is something really stupid like Urantia and even then there is a point where it is too much.

PneumaPsucheSoma

TOL Subscriber
And "evidence" is the noun being referred to for trusting. Stop mincing words.

Faith is the hypostasis (underlying sub-standing {substance} reality of existence) of things*hoped*for (which is an English word cluster for elpizo), the evidence of things not seen.

Faith (the noun) is the evidence (the noun), just as faith (the noun) is the substance (the noun) {all anarthrous}.

You need some remedial language help to recognize referents and antecedents. Trusting is a verb. Evidence is not being referred to by the verb trusting.

Last edited:

1Mind1Spirit

Literal lunatic
Here let me shake things up a bit.

So far we have touched on unconditional but universal has purdy much went untouched.

As for me, I'm not taking it off the table.

Not with knowing God has concluded all in unbelief.

This would mean even those souls from Adam to Noah to the law to Christ.

Take all those Caananites Israel and God killed.

No hard feat for God to have mercy on them.

Don't get me wrong I think it would be unlawful to preach it, but to contemplate the possibility?, not so much.

What unlawful things did John hear?

What was it about the mercy seat Paul could not speak of?

When I think of nobody being left behind it brings a smile to my inner man.

PneumaPsucheSoma

TOL Subscriber
No, I do not concur.

This suggestion reveals your true agenda. Interrupt a decent discussion with nonsense for several days that will only cause disruption and disintegration until everyone gets bored with you, and then you claim you have disproved the OP?

I hope you just go away, so others might rejoin and restore the discussion to the respectful level it first generated.

Disappear . . . please . . .

Take CR with you.

No, I resent you and GM hijacking my thread.

You are not correct, and you have been well responded to on this thread . . but the spamming one-liners have done damage, and caused others to forget the OP and they have lost interest in the thread due to the hijacking of attention.

So either go away, or respectfully accept opposition to your views without trolling the thread.

Indeed I accept your apology and greatly appreciate your understanding.

That would be my hope also . . . ask away, and despite my advanced age, I will attempt to "spring" back! :cool:

The epitome of gracious long-suffering.

I, too, am guilty; for I fed the trolls too often myself. I have finally placed them both on ignore, so I'll not be contributing to their derailment any further.

Nang

TOL Subscriber
Here let me shake things up a bit.

So far we have touched on unconditional but universal has purdy much went untouched.

As for me, I'm not taking it off the table.

Not with knowing God has concluded all in unbelief.

This would mean even those souls from Adam to Noah to the law to Christ.

Take all those Caananites Israel and God killed.

No hard feat for God to have mercy on them.

Don't get me wrong I think it would be unlawful to preach it, but to contemplate the possibility?, not so much.

When I think of nobody being left behind it brings a smile to my inner man.

Of course . . There is not a one of us who would not desire universal atonement which would produce universal salvation.

But we are merely (emotional and faulty) creatures, who due to such limitations, must rest in the wisdom of Creator God, and not trust our own speculations or finite understanding of these monumental matters of life and death.

We MUST accept by faith, the teachings of Holy Scripture, despite any leanings our human psychology might impose upon our minds.

1Mind1Spirit

Literal lunatic
Of course . . There is not a one of us who would not desire universal atonement which would produce universal salvation.

But we are merely (emotional and faulty) creatures, who due to such limitations, must rest in the wisdom of Creator God, and not trust our own speculations or finite understanding of these monumental matters of life and death.

We MUST accept by faith, the teachings of Holy Scripture, despite any leanings our human psychology might impose upon our minds.

Comparing spiritual things with spiritual kinda leaves out psychology.

1Mind1Spirit

Literal lunatic
These are legitimate questions.

Apostles, unlike anyone else it would seem were given some things that I couldn't be trusted not to blab.

:think:

Nang

TOL Subscriber
These are legitimate questions.

Apostles, unlike anyone else it would seem were given some things that I couldn't be trusted not to blab.

:think:

Perhaps, but I am assured that anything shown to them that is not revealed to us through the Holy Scriptures, would not differ from, nor contradict that divine Truth.

IOW's such withheld mysteries would accord doctrinally with God's eternal purposes and will, as we redeemed children in Christ have been shown.

Sonnet

You seem at ease reducing God to a mandatory contingent mutuality with man that denies His Necessity as Creator. Are you aware of how worthless you make God... AND man?

That doesn't begin to explain how my position reduces God in such a way.

He restores us to and beyond the functionality of the original creation as a new creation in Christ, so we must be worth Him laying down His psuche (soul life) in Christ for us. We're worth being saved, but it's because of Him in whose image we were made.

Doesn't expalin how man as the spectator of his own translation from unbelief to belief has any worth at all.

You insist on man over God or man equal to God; in both worth and functionality. That's the pride of life, just like rejecting basic grammar.

Opting to believe hardly equates to this. How scriptures such as Romans 10:1ff has any real meaning for you considering what you think actually occurs is unclear.

What is man's worth above that of programmed creation PPS? Is God so lacking in omniscience and omnipotence that He could not create real humans able to make real decision WHILST still remaining in control?

Last edited:

Sonnet

Paul witnessed this taking place in himself.

15 But when it pleased God, who separated me from my mother's womb, and called me by his grace,

16 To reveal his Son in me, that I might preach him among the heathen; immediately I conferred not with flesh and blood:

Who did Jesus tell Peter gave him the faith to believe Jesus was the son of God?

Matthew 16:17
And Jesus answered and said unto him, Blessed art thou, Simon Barjona: for flesh and blood hath not revealed it unto thee, but my Father which is in heaven.

Are you suggesting that Peter was without recourse to any other response than that which was predetermined?

Status
Not open for further replies.