ECT Grace is unconditional but not universal

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sonnet

Yes it is, and you saying otherwise just makes my point- if you don't even know that, then you don't even need to be saying anything.

Of all things, you all sit here day in and day out and wage war against Calvinism like a bunch of idiots- it's the finality of the historical Reformation :doh:

I'm tired of you all sitting here acting like it's some cult- you all are a cult. In fact, a lot of what you sit on came right out of 19th century heresy from a man named John Darby within the same generation of Mormonism and SDA's. It really should bethe other way around- you all should be the one's in the hot seat.

Let's see if you have any trouble declaring as Paul did. Please proclaim, to unbelievers, this:

'Christ died for our sins'.

Will you do so without qualification or not?

Crucible

BANNED
Banned
Plenty of Protestants who aren't Calvinists.

People who follow those which did nothing but merely coattail on Luther, Calvin, and the rest- and then later on, went against them while still calling themselves Protestants.

Just like you all now :rolleyes:

You all have no respect for St. Augustine, Zwingli, Wycliffe, or none of these people through history- you simply make up your own idea of you think should be, rather than what actually is.

Sonnet

People who follow those which did nothing but merely coattail on Luther, Calvin, and the rest- and then later on, went against them while still calling themselves Protestants.

You all have no respect for St. Augustine, Zwingli, Wycliffe, or none of these people through history- you simply make up your own idea of you think should be, rather than what actually is.

More importantly, #341.

Lazy afternoon

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
Contrary to the theme of this thread, God's Grace through Christ's death and resurrection is offered to ALL of humanity. Not just the "supposed Elect." All one need do is, hear the Gospel and place ALL their faith in the Lord Jesus Christ as their Savior and the Holy Spirit seals, indwells and baptizes them (not by water) into the Body of Christ. Such a one receives the righteousness of Christ and they're guaranteed eternal life.

It's all the work of the Holy Spirit once one places their faith. Our ONLY prerequisite is our faith, God the Holy Spirt does the rest.

Where does ALL your faith in Jesus Christ come from?

LA

Cross Reference

That's frankly just weak. It completely rejects God's sovereignty and makes the Crucifixion frivolous.

Calvinism knocks that notion out of the park with Sovereign Election, which makes the Crucifixion do exactly as God intended it to do- to save the saints. Not for someone to unwrap the bow and paper, or to make a formal acceptance- but to save the saints.

Saints? Sure, but only because they were the ones who believed for salvation redemption provided for while they were yet sinners..

TulipBee

BANNED
Banned
You continue to cherry pick scripture and pretend you have a proper theology.

That's why you defend a big, giant troll who never offers anything else, period, than nonsense- you need a mascot to distract others from your obliviousness.
Semi pelagians and arminians have auto-bounce insurance. Even though they get refuted with bible proofs, they bounce right back into the unregenerate. Bible tells us that it comes with the fall.

TulipBee

BANNED
Banned
Yes it is, and you saying otherwise just makes my point- if you don't even know that, then you don't even need to be saying anything.

Of all things, you all sit here day in and day out and wage war against Calvinism like a bunch of idiots- it's the finality of the historical Reformation :doh:

I'm tired of you all sitting here acting like it's some cult- you all are a cult. In fact, a lot of what you sit on came right out of 19th century heresy from a man named John Darby within the same generation of Mormonism and SDA's. It really should bethe other way around- you all should be the one's in the hot seat.
They've been refuted.

Sonnet

You wont will you? Your Calvinism actually hinders you in the proclamation of the Gospel.

Last edited:

Sonnet

Paul:

'For I am not ashamed of the gospel'

'For what I received I passed on to you as of first importance: that Christ died for our sins according to the Scriptures, that he was buried, that he was raised on the third day according to the Scriptures, and that he appeared to Cephas, and then to the Twelve. After that, he appeared to more than five hundred of the brothers and sisters at the same time, most of whom are still living, though some have fallen asleep. Then he appeared to James, then to all the apostles, and last of all he appeared to me also, as to one abnormally born.'

'Whether, then, it is I or they, this is what we preach, and this is what you believed.'

The consistent Calvinist won't do this - for he will not, indeed cannot, preach as Paul and the apostles did.

Grosnick Marowbe

Hall of Fame

I don't care!

Grosnick Marowbe

Hall of Fame
I've seen it coming for awhile now. It's a darn shame and he had so much potential. However, life goes on. I suppose the right thing to do, is to just say: "Better him than me" and leave it at that. I wish the best for you Crucible but at the same time, I hope the least. May it always be said: "Some men try and succeed, where others try and fail." I'm afraid you're a member of the later, my friend and fellow poster. At least you tried your best. However, your best is everyone else's worst! Try as you may, I don't think you'll ever recover your glory days. However, that's just one man's opinion. But, it's the RIGHT opinion.

I'm here for ya pal, if you should need someone to talk to.

Crucible

BANNED
Banned
I think Crucible is losing his mind. He's hysterical. I think he's ready to go over the edge? We may be hearing about him on the Cable news, very soon?

I'm tired of you all griping about Calvinism, calling us unbelievers, calling it a false gospel, anon anon- and on top of it you all don't seem to even show a full understanding of it. You all treat it like it's some cult. Well, NEWSFLASH: Calvinism is a forged, ironclad, orthodox Christianity that brought back the good theologies of St. Augustine all the way to John Wycliffe, and it is what the Catholic Church rejected in order to dispense grace by her own will and agenda.

Jacob Arminius? He was a student of Calvinism, and took it upon himself to reject it and throw dirt on these theologians, calling it all 'Stoicism' based on the fact that earlier theologians were Stoics before their conversion to Christianity.
And yet, they produced what is still much of the most treasured theological literature to this day.

So whatever you have to say- COOL STORY. You all can go spread your unfounded hatred of Calvinism to someone who cares what you think :rolleyes:

Grosnick Marowbe

Hall of Fame
We must show an empathetic heart towards Crucible, he's going through a rough time and he needs all the support he can get. Offer him some words of encouragement when you find the time. Although, sometimes more is less or something like that? Don't despair, though, he may change for the better some day? No. I'm afraid I'm just giving everybody, false hope. We need to be ever vigilant how we handle Crucibles tragic emotional breakdown. He's been like a family member to each and every one of us. Although, a rather angry and illogical member of the family. We all go through rough patches in our life and sometimes all we need is a friendly smile or an encouraging comment, etc. However, I really don't think this will help under these brutal circumstances?

Grosnick Marowbe

Hall of Fame
I'm tired of you all griping about Calvinism, calling us unbelievers, calling it a false gospel, anon anon- and on top of it you all don't seem to even show a full understanding of it. You all treat it like it's some cult. Well, NEWSFLASH: Calvinism is a forged, ironclad, orthodox Christianity that brought back the good theologies of St. Augustine all the way to John Wycliffe, and it is what the Catholic Church rejected in order to dispense grace by her own will and agenda.

Jacob Arminius? He was a student of Calvinism, and took it upon himself to reject it and throw dirt on these theologians, calling it all 'Stoicism' based on the fact that earlier theologians were Stoics before their conversion to Christianity.
And yet, they produced what is still much of the most treasured theological literature to this day.

So whatever you have to say- COOL STORY. You all can go spread your unfounded hatred of Calvinism to someone who cares what you think :rolleyes:

See what I mean folks?

Nang

TOL Subscriber

I have seen many a fine thread here on this forum destroyed by GM's trolling interference.

That is his role at TOL. (I wonder if he is making minimum wage?)

MADists rule the site and employ several goons just like him to distract from God's Truth being proclaimed.

:(

Nang

TOL Subscriber
Where does ALL your faith in Jesus Christ come from?

LA

They think that even though they were corrupted and vile sinners, they retained the virtue and spiritual capacity in their hearts, to love and believe in God. They believe they were saved by their own good exercise of faith.

This is the heretical teaching of Pelagius.

Grosnick Marowbe

Hall of Fame
I have seen many a fine thread here on this forum destroyed by GM's trolling interference.

That is his role at TOL. (I wonder if he is making minimum wage?)

MADists rule the site and employ several goons just like him to distract from God's Truth being proclaimed.

:(

Calvinism isn't God's Truth. It is a false doctrine and to be considered: Another gospel. It changes the character and intent of the God of the Bible in order to fit their "belief system."

PneumaPsucheSoma

TOL Subscriber
Grosnick has a big motor mouth, doesn't he?

I have him on ignore, but can't help but notice half the page just spammed with his little inserts.

He knows I have him on ignore, and talks behind my back, no doubt slandering and making arguments I'm not seeing to have defense on.
Like the little punk he is :rolleyes:

Technically, it's libel because it's print versus verbal; but there are also court rulings that have established social media as the equivalent of verbal communication.

But your point was well made.

Status
Not open for further replies.