ECT Grace is unconditional but not universal

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lon

Indeed, but this thread isn't about my belief or otherwise :)

Rethink that. I believe it the only question on the table and that it fulfills the importance of the thread... ...either way.

Think about that (please): "Did Jesus die for your sin?" It needs a yes/no answer for/from you.

-Lon

Sonnet

:nono: "Yes"

More importantly, however: Has He died for your sins? You really are going to have to answer that.

Christ made salvation available by paying for the sins of those whom He withholds salvation from by electing not to regenerate them?

:)

Cross Reference

Another quoted you or I'd never have seen this. Please do not mention me as such is showing your character and not mine. Such is for your own good. I don't deride people behind their backs (sin). You shouldn't either. Its between you and God. :wave:

I wrote it as I have the manythings you have never replied to with knowledge.

I don't deride people behind their backs (sin). You shouldn't either. Its between you and God.

That might be true, I wouldn't know and can only assume that of you given the dispositions of your religious compatriots. However, my inclusion of you stems from your contempt made to my 'face'. I am only expressing what I believe your problem is.

Cross Reference

Here's a little kiss for ya

"I am inquired of by them that asked not for me; I am found of them that sought me not: I said, Behold me, behold me, unto a nation that was not called by my name. I have spread out my hands all the day unto a rebellious people, that walk in a way that is not good, after their own thoughts; a people that provoke me to my face continually, sacrificing in gardens, and burning incense upon bricks; that sit among the graves, and lodge in the secret places; that eat swine’s flesh, and broth of abominable things is in their vessels; that say, Stand by thyself, come not near to me, for I am holier than thou. These are a smoke in my nose, a fire that burneth all the day. Behold, it is written before me: I will not keep silence, but will recompense, yea, I will recompense into their bosom, your own iniquities, and the iniquities of your fathers together, saith Jehovah, that have burned incense upon the mountains, and blasphemed me upon the hills: therefore will I first measure their work into their bosom."
- **Isaiah‬ *65:1-7‬‬

Sent from my iPhone using TOL

And Jesus said that about HIS people! What happened to the "grace" of God which adiministered "faith" He gave them for 'regeneration', unmerited gifts all [so called]. Seems like they "resisted" it.

Cross Reference

:nono: "Yes"

More importantly, however: Has He died for your sins? You really are going to have to answer that.

Wrong! You are going to have to explain to God why you preached Jesus died for only some. . . which pretty much negates redemption for being the enablement for mans access to God for salvation and the new foundation for which a new creation for those in Christ Jesus are sustained.

Cross Reference

Christ made salvation available by paying for the sins of those whom He withholds salvation from by electing not to regenerate them?

Exactly! Such is the necessary thinking of the monergist to protect his religious bent.. What a mishmash of a conclusion they build upon.

Sonnet

Exactly! Such is the necessary thinking of the monergist to protect his religious bent.. What a mishmash of a conclusion they build upon.

...the antinomy of the four-pointer.

The five-pointer's problem is the preaching of the gospel offer to unbelievers. And it would seem - and I stress seem - that because of their emphatic focus on the depravity of man - that he deserves nothing for being so depraved - then who cares about a bit of disingenuous preaching? Even if told that Christ died for them...well, secretly, we (Calvinist preachers) don't really mean it in a salvific sense...but we won't tell them that.

It would seem that John Piper does this.

Lon

Christ made salvation available by paying for the sins of those whom He withholds salvation from, by electing not to regenerate them?

You are wrestling with an issue wherein the most needed question is simply to answer this: "Did Christ die for me?"

As a Calvinist, I believe John 3:16 means world and that God loves. A God who commands me to love my enemies and do good to them, is one concerned about my soul and theirs
Again on ignore, but Sonnet has quoted you.
I'll still have you on ignore, because in this instance, you still aren't listening but coming to a hasty conclusion. This Calvinist has an answer. "How then am I Calvinist?" It is a great question and I have a strong answer, but I think yet that your most needed question, Sonnet (ignoring CR, not in spite, but because he is too old and deaf to another any more in his life, at least where I am concerned and this kind of dysfunctional communication is fraught with his pain and not good for him or me for that matter) is to address whether Christ died specifically for you or not?
Not following you.
Imho, it will settle this thread once and for all for you. Try to answer the question. "Did the Lord Jesus Christ die for you?"

Sonnet

You are wrestling with an issue wherein the most needed question is simply to answer this: "Did Christ die for me?"

As a Calvinist, I believe John 3:16 means world and that God loves. A God who commands me to love my enemies and do good to them, is one concerned about my soul and theirs. "How then am I Calvinist?" It is a great question and I have a strong answer, but I think yet that your most needed question is to address whether Christ died specifically for you or not? Imho, it will settle this thread once and for all for you. Try to answer the question. "Did the Lord Jesus Christ die for you?"

Scripture emphatically and explicitly claims that Christ died for all men - me included...even Judas.

Cross Reference

Jesus Christ died for the purpose of redeeming ALL of mankind in the whole; the world in the whole that God so dearly loved, MIGHT be saved. John 3:16-17 KJV; cf 17:3 KJV.

Cross Reference

Not Judas or any Judas' who can never be of the justified by the degree of such a betrayal, God having turned him over to reprobation without remedy.

One might say that a Judas disposition was/is as the untoward thief on the cross.

Status
Not open for further replies.