Government

Christian Liberty

God > government > judge > police > father > mother > child > cat > dog > Australian.

To me it means this:
In those days there was no king in Israel; everyone did what was right in his own eyes. (Judges 21:25 NKJV)

You put government and police over parents? This is absolutely wicked and disgusting. Of course, I don't expect any decent doctrine from an open theist.

God ordained Pharaoh as per Romans 9:17. God ordains EVERYTHING that happens, even bad things. Of course, that would require a belief in predestination, which is too much for you to stomach.

Anyplace specific other than chapter 8?

1 Samuel 8 objects to kings. I don't see how it objects to "anarchy", whatever that means exactly.

Stripe

Teenage Adaptive Ninja Turtle
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
Sorry for being late, but why didn't God object to to them living as they saw fit?
Probably because there is nothing inherently wrong with living as you see fit. There is something wrong with people, which makes all of them live wrong if they live as they see fit.

And He did not allow them to continue in that state.
You put government and police over parents?
Yes. When a parent breaks the law, they are rightly charged by the police and sentenced by the government judiciary.

God ordained Pharaoh as per Romans 9:17. God ordains EVERYTHING that happens, even bad things.
Speaking of wicked and disgusting. :rolleyes:

Of course, that would require a belief in predestination, which is too much for you to stomach.
I believe in predestination. :idunno:

Not sure what relevance that subject has here though.

1 Samuel 8 objects to kings.
No, it doesn't.

I don't see how it objects to "anarchy", whatever that means exactly.
Anarchy is where there are no laws and people do whatever they like.

drbrumley

You put government and police over parents? This is absolutely wicked and disgusting. Of course, I don't expect any decent doctrine from an open theist.

Um, Open Theism has nothing to do with that....so your taking a potshot!
God ordained Pharaoh as per Romans 9:17. God ordains EVERYTHING that happens, even bad things. Of course, that would require a belief in predestination, which is too much for you to stomach.

Please....

1 Samuel 8 objects to kings. I don't see how it objects to "anarchy", whatever that means exactly.

Yes anarchy is a word that gets thrown out alot. :sigh:

drbrumley

Probably because there is nothing inherently wrong with living as you see fit. There is something wrong with people, which makes all of them live wrong if they live as they see fit.

And He did not allow them to continue in that state.

He didnt allow them.....? not sure what bible your reading from...Mine says the people rejected God as their King, and He let them have what they wanted at their own peril.