Government

aCultureWarrior

BANNED
Banned
LIFETIME MEMBER
LOL!!!! I just can't stand someone over me huh? Talk about being idiotic.....My boss stands over me, the State of Florida stands over me and the United States government stands over me. If I am in someone else's place, they stand over me. I submit to that authority because that is what Jesus has us do.

As for your example that a child does not have authority over the parent, I already said this you goof.

I can't help that you just want to start a fight. Learn to read.

Would you care to explain why you identify with the Libertarian movement then Doc?

Does this preamble from the Libertarian Party Platform fit your ideology?

As Libertarians, we seek a world of liberty; a world in which all individuals are sovereign over their own lives and no one is forced to sacrifice his or her values for the benefit of others.

We believe that respect for individual rights is the essential precondition for a free and prosperous world, that force and fraud must be banished from human relationships, and that only through freedom can peace and prosperity be realized.

Consequently, we defend each person's right to engage in any activity that is peaceful and honest, and welcome the diversity that freedom brings. The world we seek to build is one where individuals are free to follow their own dreams in their own ways, without interference from government or any authoritarian power.

http://www.lp.org/platform

Stripe

Teenage Adaptive Ninja Turtle
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
Obviously God is first and things flow downhill from Him, but what is 2nd, 3rd, 4th in line?

God > government > judge > police > father > mother > child > cat > dog > Australian.
To me self-government means this:

Jeremiah 31:33 ..."I will put My law within them and on their heart I will write it ..."
To me it means this:
In those days there was no king in Israel; everyone did what was right in his own eyes. (Judges 21:25 NKJV)

drbrumley

Would you care to explain why you identify with the Libertarian movement then Doc?

So, you are anti liberty then?

Just because I believe in liberty does not mean I am a member of some party. I am not nor have ever been a member of the LP. That party has been co opted long ago, as has the Republicans and Democrats.

Does this preamble from the Libertarian Party Platform fit your ideology?

As Libertarians, we seek a world of liberty; a world in which all individuals are sovereign over their own lives and no one is forced to sacrifice his or her values for the benefit of others.

We believe that respect for individual rights is the essential precondition for a free and prosperous world, that force and fraud must be banished from human relationships, and that only through freedom can peace and prosperity be realized.

Consequently, we defend each person's right to engage in any activity that is peaceful and honest, and welcome the diversity that freedom brings. The world we seek to build is one where individuals are free to follow their own dreams in their own ways, without interference from government or any authoritarian power.

http://www.lp.org/platform

It's too bad the LP doesn't even believe what their own platform says.

aCultureWarrior

BANNED
Banned
LIFETIME MEMBER
So, you are anti liberty then?

Based on your definition, yes.

Just because I believe in liberty does not mean I am a member of some party. I am not nor have ever been a member of the LP. That party has been co opted long ago, as has the Republicans and Democrats.

Where does your ideology come from? You are aware that Lew Rockwell and company are Libertarians that subscribe to the above ideology aren't you?

It's too bad the LP doesn't even believe what their own platform says.

Then you approve of it's platform?

Granite

Hall of Fame
What does that mean?

Governing yourself requires discipline, maturity, prudence, and wisdom. If you exert true self-governance you are truly free: Free in your mind, free in your doings, free in your body. A self-governed people is a wise people. There is a level of restraint, foresight, and autodidaction in a self-governed people that is admirable (and, in this country, a thing of the past).

Without self-government, believe me, someone else--magistrate, bureaucrat, any other kind of assorted meddlers--will decide to make your decisions, lead your life, and so on. True liberty starts with the self. A self-governed people recognize tyranny from a mile away and respond accordingly.

aCultureWarrior

BANNED
Banned
LIFETIME MEMBER
Governing yourself requires discipline, maturity, prudence, and wisdom. If you exert true self-governance you are truly free: Free in your mind, free in your doings, free in your body. A self-governed people is a wise people. There is a level of restraint, foresight, and autodidaction in a self-governed people that is admirable (and, in this country, a thing of the past).

Without self-government, believe me, someone else--magistrate, bureaucrat, any other kind of assorted meddlers--will decide to make your decisions, lead your life, and so on. True liberty starts with the self. A self-governed people recognize tyranny from a mile away and respond accordingly.

That's how atheists think. They're their own "god".

"Governing yourself requires discipline, maturity, prudence, and wisdom...", and since man is none of the above, he needs a "book of rules" to follow.

bible-generic-1e727a217f5510ad.jpg

Stripe

Teenage Adaptive Ninja Turtle
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
Anyplace specific other than chapter 8?

Not really. Everyone was doing as they saw fit, then God instituted the kingdom. My "objection" was to doormat, who implied self-government might be a good thing.

drbrumley

Not really. Everyone was doing as they saw fit, then God instituted the kingdom. My "objection" was to doormat, who implied self-government might be a good thing.

Sorry for being late, but why didn't God object to to them living as they saw fit?