Jefferson

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Government

This is the show from Thursday January 16th, 2014

Summary:

Government: In this Theology Thursday sermon Bob shows us when God first ordained government in the Bible and demonstrates that God intends all authority to run downhill.

drbrumley

Government

This is the show from Thursday January 16th, 2014

Summary:

Government: In this Theology Thursday sermon Bob shows us when God first ordained government in the Bible and demonstrates that God intends all authority to run downhill.

Totally true.....YET!!!!!.....define run downhill if anyone can?

Alate_One

Because, you know, that's what the Old Testament writings to the nation of Israel were all about, "It's okay you messed up, I intended all authority to run downhill. So you get a free pass." :doh:

You people freely "interpret" the Bible to mean whatever your ideology tells you it must mean. You've confused right wing politics with scripture.

Stripe

Teenage Adaptive Ninja Turtle
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
oh I cant wait for these pearls of wisdom ...
Another evolutionist who will moan and complain, but will never listen to the show.

Easy. Once an authority has been established, it should not be dictated to by anyone it has authority over.
The most important form of government is self-government.
Atheists love themselves most of all.

Because, you know, that's what the Old Testament writings to the nation of Israel were all about, "It's okay you messed up, I intended all authority to run downhill. So you get a free pass." :doh:
:AMR:

Being cut off is a free pass? My, but evolutionists are silly. :chuckle:

You people freely "interpret" the Bible to mean whatever your ideology tells you it must mean. You've confused right wing politics with scripture.
:darwinsm: Says the evolutionist who thinks "Six days" allows room for billions of years and "the whole Earth" means a couple of countries.

drbrumley

Bob says "there is always a government, one way or another."

If that is true, which it is, then why all the complaining about anarchy? Anarchy is an impossibility then according to Bob.

Stripe

Teenage Adaptive Ninja Turtle
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
Bob says "there is always a government, one way or another." If that is true, which it is, then why all the complaining about anarchy? Anarchy is an impossibility then according to Bob.

A discussion with someone who promotes an impossible scenario is stupid and the idiot on the other end can only have it in his mind to do evil.

Anarchy should be resisted because it is wrong. An idea being both wrong and impossible does not stop evolutionists believing it.

drbrumley

A discussion with someone who promotes an impossible scenario is stupid and the idiot on the other end can only have it in his mind to do evil.

Anarchy should be resisted because it is wrong. An idea being both wrong and impossible does not stop evolutionists believing it.

:idea: Then I will submit the definition of anarchy is wrong.....

Granite

Hall of Fame
Bob says "there is always a government, one way or another."

If that is true, which it is, then why all the complaining about anarchy? Anarchy is an impossibility then according to Bob.

Do I even want to know what he concludes from this?

P.S. Wait, that's right. We already know, his efforts to scrub away his "constitution" notwithstanding.

aCultureWarrior

BANNED
Banned
LIFETIME MEMBER

Perhaps you could explain Bob's viewpoint a bit better Jefferson, as all the Scripture that I've read shows that God expects good things from government, amongst other things, to promote His Word.

http://bible-verses.ochristian.com/Government-Bible-Verses/

Lighthouse

The Dark Knight
Gold Subscriber
Hall of Fame

Fool

Nick M

Black Rifles Matter
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame

What an idiot statement. What is especially shameful is you pretend like you don't know what it means. To use an example, you know that a child does not have authority over the parents. But the parents have authority over the child.

You know this but just can't stand having somebody stand over you.

Nick M

Black Rifles Matter
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame

drbrumley

What an idiot statement. What is especially shameful is you pretend like you don't know what it means. To use an example, you know that a child does not have authority over the parents. But the parents have authority over the child.

You know this but just can't stand having somebody stand over you.

LOL!!!! I just can't stand someone over me huh? Talk about being idiotic.....My boss stands over me, the State of Florida stands over me and the United States government stands over me. If I am in someone else's place, they stand over me. I submit to that authority because that is what Jesus has us do.

As for your example that a child does not have authority over the parent, I already said this you goof.

I can't help that you just want to start a fight. Learn to read.