Good Religion / Bad Religion

chair

Yes, in the age of grace the law is bad. Maybe a few thousand years ago the law would have been a step up from universal idolatry but we live in a modern world now.

I suppose that you live in a world without murder, theft or adultery. A world in which there are never disputes between people over ownership or property rights. A wonderful world of Grace.

What are you smoking?

Epoisses

I suppose that you live in a world without murder, theft or adultery. A world in which there are never disputes between people over ownership or property rights. A wonderful world of Grace.

What are you smoking?

Grace keeps believers from theft, murder and adultery. Secular law is still in place for the unbelievers and atheists who can't control their passions. Another wannabe believer who trusts in his works.

serpentdove

BANNED
Banned

What are you smoking?

Grace keeps believers from theft, murder and adultery. Secular law is still in place for the unbelievers and atheists who can't control their passions...

Right. The law is for the lawless (1 Ti 1:9). One can life for: himself (2 Ti 3:2), for others (Ga 1:10) or for God (Ga 2:20).

serpentdove

BANNED
Banned
Finally I understand why God gave the Israelites the Law! Because Law is Bad religion! Now it all makes sense!
1 Co 1:23

The law is a mirror to show men who they are.
367b35ec45accddaa2dca589ec3e6cf1.gif
One wakes up--sees he looks like hell; it should drive him to the shower. :granite:

For if anyone is a hearer of the word and not a doer, he is like a man observing his natural face in a mirror; for he observes himself, goes away, and immediately forgets what kind of man he was. But he who looks into the perfect law of liberty and continues in it, and is not a forgetful hearer but a doer of the work, this one will be blessed in what he does (Jas 1:23–25).

And now why are you waiting? Arise and be baptized, and wash away your sins, calling on the name of the Lord.’ Ac 22:16
douche07c.gif

Lord, by this time he stinketh (Jn 11:39).
43.gif

chair

Grace keeps believers from theft, murder and adultery. Secular law is still in place for the unbelievers and atheists who can't control their passions. Another wannabe believer who trusts in his works.

This has nothing at all to do with "grace". All you are saying is that if everybody was nice, there would be no need for law.

Epoisses

This has nothing at all to do with "grace". All you are saying is that if everybody was nice, there would be no need for law.

Oh that's right you're not a Christian so you wouldn't have a clue about grace. What are you again - a messianic or Jew or something like that?

egyptianmuslim

Love for your sister's well being would keep you from that better than law.

The little children need to be slapped on the hand because they're not mature enough to make rational decisions.
There is no judgement without law.... why God told Noah that He will erase the mankind from the face of the earth?? Because they didn't follow an agreement/law .....without an agreement around a law no need for punishment or judge...... God is the Greatest Judge.
Human isn't angel. Human need law.

Sent from my Q74 using Tapatalk

jamie

LIFETIME MEMBER
Paul said the world was guilty of sin before the law was even given. How could that be?

For as many as have sinned without law will also perish without law, and as many as have sinned in the law will be judged by the law... (Romans 2:12)​

chair

Oh that's right you're not a Christian so you wouldn't have a clue about grace. What are you again - a messianic or Jew or something like that?

I am an observant Jew. And who I am or what I am is not relevant. Your ideas about Grace and Law simply do not make sense.