good morning breakfast clubbers

Eeset

LIFETIME MEMBER
THIS is how I feel this morning...
baa1862119-kukly-igrushki-kosha-etot-prodan-n4626.jpg

There is definitely something wrong with that cat.

Totton Linnet

Silver Subscriber
I know that song, My dad is a JD fan.....

Music paints pictures
and often tells stories
all of it magic
and all of it true
And all of the stories
and all of the pictures
all of the magic
the music is you...oo ee oo doo oody dee oh...diddle dee eee

John Denver [modified] now he definitely said "thar"

annabenedetti

like marbles on glass
Yah my Dad is Irish, they love country and western. ay country and western comes from Ireland.

True enough. :) The Irish are great storytellers and that comes through in their music and yes, their legacy in the south (particularly in the Appalachian region), along with that of Scottish and Welsh immigrants, lives on.

zoo22

True story, there are pubs in Ireland where they sing Country Roads every night. I don't know why, but they do. :)

I didn't know that. Totally makes sense, though. I've never heard it that way, but it totally sounds like a traditional Irish sing-along song.

Supposedly, the song was originally intended for Johnny Cash but John Denver heard and liked it.

Last edited:

annabenedetti

like marbles on glass
I didn't know that. Totally makes sense, though. I've never heard it that way, but it totally sounds like a traditional Irish sing-along song.

And they do... everyone in the pub claps hands and sings along with the band. :)
Supposedly, the song was originally intended for Johnny Cash but John Denver heard and liked it.
And I didn't know that. I can almost hear his voice:

All my memories gather round her
Miner's lady, stranger to blue water
Dark and dusty, painted on the sky
Misty taste of moonshine
Teardrop in my eye

Town Heretic

Out of Order
Hall of Fame

True story, though once he heard it and talked friends and songwriters Taffy Nivert, and Bill Danoff into not giving it to Cash he re-worked the song with them, with enough of a contribution that he ended up with a cowriting credit.

It's a great song to listen to with an open roof on a trip through woodlands. That's how I first heard it and how I always think of it.

zoo22

True story, though once he heard it and talked friends and songwriters Taffy Nivert, and Bill Danoff into not giving it to Cash he re-worked the song with them, with enough of a contribution that he ended up with a cowriting credit.

Well, I don't know that you know it's a true story at all. Do you? I've also read that the song was basically stolen from another writer who actually did live in WV (Nivert/Danoff and John Denver have admitted they'd never been to WV, and said they based the song on a postcard). If you can prove any of it one way or another, then by all means, say it's a true story... Otherwise, it's something you've read, and "supposedly" works just fine.

chrysostom

Hall of Fame
good morning

good morning

“Good morning Breakfast Clubbers, good morning to ya,
we woke up bright and early just to howdy-do ya.”

1st call to breakfast for all of you out there

America's favorite breakfast club is on the air

Totton Linnet

Silver Subscriber
In early spring when small birds sing
and lambkin sport and play