ECT Gomer Tetelestai does it again...Shazam!

tetelestai

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
Then it makes absolutely no sense for Paul top go up by revelation (meaning he was told to go) and communicate unto them "that gospel" which he preached among the Gentiles.

Yes it does.

Peter was preaching to Jews who had lived under the old covenant, and needed to know how to now live under the new covenant.

Paul was preaching to Gentiles who had no idea what the old covenant was.

tetelestai

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
Acts 10:35 KJV and Titus 3:5 KJV are not the same "good news" (gospel=good news)!

Keep reading Titus 3

(Titus 3:7 KJV) 7 That being justified by his grace, we should be made heirs according to the hope of eternal life.

Paul is telling his audience that the Gentiles are made HEIRS with who?

(Titus 3:8 KJV) This is a faithful saying, and these things I will that thou affirm constantly, that they which have believed in God might be careful to maintain good works. These things are good and profitable unto men.

Do you maintain good works?

Interplanner

Ephesians was the widest circulated document of the apostles. see text notes on 1:1; there was no destination named in the earliest copies.

2B-3A are emphatic that there is one entity that receive the promises and blessings of God, those who are believers. the thing hidden from Judaism is that this would not occur by the Law. It is now known to be through the Gospel.

Judaism did not have any doubt that God was going to impact the nations. It was everywhere in the prophets. But the Law embeddedness in Judaism prevented them from seeing how, which is why through the Gospel is the most important phrase in Eph 3:5,6. Torah was one of the three parts of Judaism's 'trinity' (Yahweh--'eretz--torah) and God "had" to do anything he was going to do with the nations through those other two.

That is Judaism's view, not the apostles. Last I checked, we are following the cue of the apostles, right?

Interplanner

John W,
you have completely discredited your comments by making remarks about what a certain scholar does or does not look like. do you know that that is exactly what post-modernity is? You never deal with propositions because you're so busy with sources and 'appearance.'

Interplanner

Steko,
I'll try to find the CHRISTIANITY IS JEWISH. What I do remember from her L'ABRI was that Jews would come and there was nothing about "trumping" anti-semitism because of events over in Israel (the work of L'Abri was raising in profile about a decade after 1948). But of course, they were very logical people. You don't start with modern events or prophecy to form a position that is not anti-semitic. You don't use the reason that they could be potential Christians. You don't even use the declarations like gal 3 and Col 2-3 because those are for believers.

I'm pretty sure Schaeffer nailed Lindsay in THE NEW SUPER-SPIRITUALITY because of the totally bogus hermeneutics and pandering to the marketplace. But I can't confirm yet.

SaulToPaul 2

John W,
you have completely discredited your comments by making remarks about what a certain scholar does or does not look like. do you know that that is exactly what post-modernity is? You never deal with propositions because you're so busy with sources and 'appearance.'

Saint john w, the Great, TOL's most humble poster, will take your constructive criticism to heart. And, you just may be getting an invitation to the Esquire Club in the mail soon, but I doubt he will let you be his myspace friend.

john w

Hall of Fame
John W,

Oh. Your canned cliche, musings, have been reviewed, and rejected. Take your seat, until I decide to acknowledge you.

john w

Hall of Fame

TOL-gateway to danger.

We tried to tell them, didn't we, Mayor?

Rabble rousers....

john w

Hall of Fame
Will you let Innerplanner be your myspace friend, saint john?

He's right after you, on my "Top Ten List of Those Who Might Become John W's 26th Best Friend." I'm too busy with my part time real estate job, vacuum cleaner salesman, "Butter and Egg Man," Milk Man, and Calvin Klein under wear model gigs, right now.

Am I getting through to you, fella?