ECT Gomer Tetelestai does it again...Shazam!

Nick M

Black Rifles Matter
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
No, that's not what I am saying at all. Dispensationalists become Darby.

Interplanner

They may not realize it, but yes, if you are to do a study of history of doctrines, you have to realize that the kind of futurism of Darby was dormant for many centuries, because the ECF's were just making their best guess as to what would happen to Israel since the 2nd coming did not happen right after the DofJ. This began with Irenaeus about 140. (The dormant period is why many people think amillenialism is Catholic).

In response to the Reformation, Ribera (Jesuit) wrote a treatise claiming that antichrist would be Jewish and in a rebuilt temple in Israel. He did this to protect the pope from being called AC by Reformers. This continued to agitate between the two groups. In the early 1800s the Bretheren movement in England (Darby etc) wished to get past this contentious thing and started to use the same scheme as Darby about the end of time. It is not otherwise found in Protestant circles. for ex., Dr. F. Schaeffer, the leading evangelical worker and thinker of the late 20th century saw no significance in modern Israel.

Dispensationalists generally do find their chain of custody through Darby.

tetelestai

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER

From Wikipedia:

"John Nelson Darby is recognized as the father of dispensationalism"

"Darby followers" is synonymous with "Dispensationlists"

I call them "Darby followers" because they took a word in the Bible (dispensation) and turned it into something it is not (time periods)

Interplanner

I have an M Christian Studies from Regent, Vancouver, and decades after that. Several units on history of doctrines, and on British evangelicals. The claim is correct. Schaff, Lattourrette, Eerdmanns, are other sources you can check this in. I can also cite Brinsmead and Paxton's history of the counter Reformation and of how several papal doctrines entered Protestantism in the conciliar movements in England.

tetelestai

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
I have an M Christian Studies from Regent, Vancouver, and decades after that. Several units on history of doctrines, and on British evangelicals. The claim is correct. Schaff, Lattourrette, Eerdmanns, are other sources you can check this in. I can also cite Brinsmead and Paxton's history of the counter Reformation and of how several papal doctrines entered Protestantism in the conciliar movements in England.

The only people who deny the link between Darby and Dispensationalism, are the Darby followers themselves.

That in itself is very telling.

Every Christian who is not a Dispensationalist knows Darby invented Dispensationalism.

heir

TOL Subscriber
The Bible is my final authority.

Your final authority is John Nelson Darby.
Which "the Bible" would that be? They don't all say the same thing and some are missing over 60,000 words. And if the Bible is your final authority, why are you always relying on Wikipedia?

heir

TOL Subscriber
From Wikipedia:

"John Nelson Darby is recognized as the father of dispensationalism"

"Darby followers" is synonymous with "Dispensationlists"

I call them "Darby followers" because they took a word in the Bible (dispensation) and turned it into something it is not (time periods)
Wiki again huh?

A dispensation is not a time period, although time is certainly involved in any dispensation.

tetelestai

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
Which "the Bible" would that be? They don't all say the same thing

I have been to the University of Penn and saw with my own eyes a first edition King James Bible from 1611.

If we take that King James Bible at Penn, and compare it to a King James Bible that you can purchase today, they don't say the same thing.

So, which one of those King James Bibles is your "final authority"?

tetelestai

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
Wiki again huh?

Wikipedia is not inerrant, nor is it my final authority. I have no problem using it to research things.

Wikipedia is 100% correct re: John Nelson Darby and Dispensationalism.

Maybe you should do some research on the guy you parrot.

whitestone

I have been to the University of Penn and saw with my own eyes a first edition King James Bible from 1611.

If we take that King James Bible at Penn, and compare it to a King James Bible that you can purchase today, they don't say the same thing.

So, which one of those King James Bibles is your "final authority"?

we should take this post and save it with the o.p. that is now we can prove that we can manufacture both maps that agree with our doctrinal stances, AND THE BIBLES TO BACK THEM UP,,,,,,,,,

steko

LIFETIME MEMBER
They may not realize it, but yes, if you are to do a study of history of doctrines, you have to realize that the kind of futurism of Darby was dormant for many centuries, because the ECF's were just making their best guess as to what would happen to Israel since the 2nd coming did not happen right after the DofJ. This began with Irenaeus about 140. (The dormant period is why many people think amillenialism is Catholic).

In response to the Reformation, Ribera (Jesuit) wrote a treatise claiming that antichrist would be Jewish and in a rebuilt temple in Israel. He did this to protect the pope from being called AC by Reformers. This continued to agitate between the two groups. In the early 1800s the Bretheren movement in England (Darby etc) wished to get past this contentious thing and started to use the same scheme as Darby about the end of time. It is not otherwise found in Protestant circles. for ex., Dr. F. Schaeffer, the leading evangelical worker and thinker of the late 20th century saw no significance in modern Israel.

Wrong!

http://www.pcahistory.org/documents/anti-semitism.html

THE FUNDAMENTALIST CHRISTIAN AND
ANTI-SEMITISM
- Rev. Francis A. Schaeffer, Jr.

Excerpt from Dr. Francis A. Schaeffer's paper:

"We live in an age in which anti-Semitism is a powerful force. In many lands it has resulted in the death of countless Jews. Even in our own land it shows itself in various guises from time to time. Even among those who call themselves fundamentalist Christians we find an occasional individual who spends a large portion of his time assailing the Jews.

For the future the Word of God is explicit still. In Romans 11:25 it is made clear that the blindness which now in part is happened to Israel is not forever bu until the fullness of the Gentiles be come in. And then what is to come to pass? The 26th verse tells us that all Israel shall then be saved, when the Deliverer shall turn away all ungodliness from Jacob. The 29th verse is a verse that we love and use for ourselves, "For the gifts and calling of God are without repentance." We may take it to ourselves because God never breaks any promise, but let us notice that the primary application in this place is to the Jew. God has promised great things for Israel as a nation, and this Word here tells us that He will bring them to pass. If He does not bring them to pass, then the gifts and calling of God are not without repentance. Clearly again, in Zechariah 12:10 it is stated that the day will come when the Jews "shall look upon me whom they have pierced, and they shall mourn for him, as one mourneth for his only son." In the day when Israel shall be saved they shall look upon Jesus and know that in His first coming He was their true Messiah. Again, it is not only the Old Testament which promises that the land of Palestine will once more belong to the Jews, but in the New Testament, in Luke 21:24, we are told that Jerusalem shall be trodden down by the Gentiles only until the time of the Gentiles shall be fulfilled. Therefore, the Word tells us that the day will come when all Israel shall be saved, and the Jews will look upon Jesus as their true Messiah, and also that the Promised Land will be theirs once more. It is not only for the past, not only for the present, but also for the future, that we who are now Christ's should love the Jew."- Rev. Francis A. Schaeffer, Jr.

THE FUNDAMENTALIST CHRISTIAN AND
ANTI-SEMITISM
- Rev. Francis A. Schaeffer, Jr.

john w

Hall of Fame
The Bible is my final authority.

Your final authority is John Nelson Darby.

No, it's not, Preterist perverter. Your final authority is:

1. Wikipedia

2. Flavius, Josephus, a Christ rejector:

Flavius_Josephus_1582_by_Froben.jpg
[/IMG]

Josephus.jpg

You have the above photos, above your bed, right next this one:

reed-kelly-clay-aiken-dating-07.jpg

(You look alot like Clay-pudgy, balding)

3. J. Stuart Russell, who "invented" AD 70-ism. You are a Russell follower. You plagiarize from his book:

77257.jpg

4. Hank Hannegraaf, the book below, from which you plagiarize:

$(KGrHqR,!hgE6Z+zQ0RGBOyt2wfJPg~~60_12.JPG

233-hank-hanegraaff-the-afterlife-book-interview.jpg

(You even look like him-pudgy, bald).

heir

TOL Subscriber
Wikipedia is not inerrant, nor is it my final authority. I have no problem using it to research things.

Wikipedia is 100% correct re: John Nelson Darby and Dispensationalism.

My faith does not stand in the wisdom of men, but in the power of God (1 Corinthians 2:5 KJV). I neither need to research Wiki or Darby. All scripture is what throughly furnishes me (2 Timothy 3:16-17).

john w

Hall of Fame

Yes, it is. You, on record, claim that Wikipedia, and your AD 70-ism/Preterist teachers, are innerrant, punk, and I've shown the quotes, for years, on TOL, where you said that, and do not deny that you said it, you vile, wining, habitual liar.

Maybe you should stop spamming that for the 666th time, demon.

Maybe you should tell us, again, on record, that all dispensationalist are lost, sweetie.

Go ahead, punk-tell us again.