Goddess Athene knows best

freelight

Eclectic Theosophist
Living oracles......

Living oracles......

Greek gods are around us

Welcome to the Matrix :)

You might find Gods and Goddesses of various sorts in some parts, but most here subscribe to the Judeo-Christian 'God', or some variation thereof, although some of us are somewhat eclectic.

What brings you to the board, and what are your intentions for discussion here?

pj

The Beard of Zeus

BANNED
Banned
Welcome to the Matrix :)

You might find Gods and Goddesses of various sorts in some parts, but most here subscribe to the Judeo-Christian 'God', or some variation thereof, although some of us are somewhat eclectic.

What brings you to the board, and what are your intentions for discussion here?

pj

Intentions? I don't know. Just chatting I guess

freelight

Eclectic Theosophist
demon and god busters.........

demon and god busters.........

Yes, they're called demons.

You'll have to prove your statement with evidence, if you can provide some.

While various forms or personalities heralded as 'gods' or 'demons' exist in one's mind, it is most often evident that that is the only place they do in fact exist. We include in this also our 'ideas' and 'concepts' of 'God'. They are just thoughts, ideas, concepts, images entertained by mind. Apparently that puts your religious 'pantheon' or 'program' in the same boat, so to speak,....paddling along within the same universal ocean of consciousness.

:surf:

pj

freelight

Eclectic Theosophist
Intentions? I don't know. Just chatting I guess

Ok, that's fine. I recommend perhaps a thread on your belief in the Greek gods in the 'Religion' section, and how you see them as pertinent to today's world situation, and what a belief in such gods affords one. Be creative. Many will either demonize your 'gods' or deem them just 'idols' of imagination. Do you have a counter thought or argument in favor of a different perspective that would validate these gods?

pj

freelight

Eclectic Theosophist
gods of one's choosing................

gods of one's choosing................

idolatry - myth - legend - fiction - are you taking a H.S. mythology class ? you need to FEAR THE BEARD ! ! ! OF GOD ! ! ! - :patrol:

I recall doing a cool book report on the greek gods, and drawing them. It was pretty cool. I approach it more on a mythological, psychological, archetypal level. On a universal scale however, one could equally critique any religious tradition's concept or image of 'God' or 'Goddess', as mythological archetypes used allegorical for the religious mind, applying these ideals where appropriate. One could question 'Zues' or 'Hermes' just as well as 'Jesus', 'Krishna' or 'Buddha', as being mythological beings. That puts all the playing pieces on the same board eh? ;)

pj

Word based mystic

Those greek Gods aka known as demons that distracted man from the one true creator were basically defeated when Christ came and His disciples started spreading the gospel in those areas that worshiped those gods.

The same thing happened to the norse gods/demons
Christians spread the gospel and humiliated those powers and principalities

China and south korea are being impacted by Christians in a powerful way and those demon/ancestoral gods are being eliminated by the ((power)) of the gospel.

india has held out the longest as far as idols and multiple gods/demons.

but southeast india Christ is being preached at a great and successful rate.

Sherman

I identify as a Christian
Staff member
Administrator
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
Greek gods are around us
Greek Gods? I think you been born 2000 years too late. They are defunct.
picture.php