God puts Christians through the fire to make them perfect

marke

Just be patient, brethren, God will establish and settle us after He gets finished perfecting us.

1 Peter 5:10
But the God of all grace, who hath called us unto his eternal glory by Christ Jesus, after that ye have suffered a while, make you perfect, stablish, strengthen, settle you.

musterion

1. Peter wasn't talking to or about you (Gal 2:2-9).

2. Paul, your apostle, says those in Christ are already perfect in Him (Col 2:10), but only because of His perfection and because - thank God - flesh profits nothing.

The only thing TBD for the saved is assessment of their service to Him on this Earth, which will gain eternal rewards or lose them, but the saved one's perfection, salvation, and justification in Him are sealed by God Himself forever. There's no better news than that.

Last edited:

marke

Who was Peter talking to, the Jews? If Christians are not being addressed by the Book of Peter, then why not? If Peter was supposedly addressing the Jews then who today is the Book of Peter addressed to, The Church of the Redeemed Jews? Is the Church of the Redeemed Jews our enemy for the Gospel's sake like other Jews, according to Romans 11?

25 For I would not, brethren, that ye should be ignorant of this mystery, lest ye should be wise in your own conceits; that blindness in part is happened to Israel, until the fulness of the Gentiles be come in.

26 And so all Israel shall be saved: as it is written, There shall come out of Sion the Deliverer, and shall turn away ungodliness from Jacob:

27 For this is my covenant unto them, when I shall take away their sins.

28 As concerning the gospel, they are enemies for your sakes: but as touching the election, they are beloved for the father's sakes.

Is the modern Church divided between Christians and Jews?

1 Corinthians 1:13
Is Christ divided? was Paul crucified for you? or were ye baptized in the name of Paul?

marke

2. Paul, your apostle, says those in Christ are already perfect in Him (Col 2:10), but only because of His perfection and because - thank God - flesh profits nothing.

The only thing TBD for the saved is assessment of their service to Him on this Earth, which will gain eternal rewards or lose them, but the saved one's perfection, salvation, and justification in Him are sealed by God Himself forever. There's no better news than that.
Paul, my apostle as you say, told me he was not yet perfect but that he strived for perfection his whole life.

Philippians 3

8 Yea doubtless, and I count all things but loss for the excellency of the knowledge of Christ Jesus my Lord: for whom I have suffered the loss of all things, and do count them but dung, that I may win Christ,

9 And be found in him, not having mine own righteousness, which is of the law, but that which is through the faith of Christ, the righteousness which is of God by faith:

10 That I may know him, and the power of his resurrection, and the fellowship of his sufferings, being made conformable unto his death;

11 If by any means I might attain unto the resurrection of the dead.

12 Not as though I had already attained, either were already perfect: but I follow after, if that I may apprehend that for which also I am apprehended of Christ Jesus.

13 Brethren, I count not myself to have apprehended: but this one thing I do, forgetting those things which are behind, and reaching forth unto those things which are before,

14 I press toward the mark for the prize of the high calling of God in Christ Jesus.

15 Let us therefore, as many as be perfect, be thus minded: and if in any thing ye be otherwise minded, God shall reveal even this unto you.

According to Paul, we are already perfect in one sense and yet need to strive for perfection in another.

16 Nevertheless, whereto we have already attained, let us walk by the same rule, let us mind the same thing.

Right Divider

Body part
Who was Peter talking to, the Jews? If Christians are not being addressed by the Book of Peter, then why not? If Peter was supposedly addressing the Jews then who today is the Book of Peter addressed to, The Church of the Redeemed Jews? Is the Church of the Redeemed Jews our enemy for the Gospel's sake like other Jews, according to Romans 11?
The book that Peter wrote was not "to" anyone today. It was written to the dispersed Jews at that time.

1Pet 1:1 (AKJV/PCE)
(1:1) Peter, an apostle of Jesus Christ, to the strangers scattered throughout Pontus, Galatia, Cappadocia, Asia, and Bithynia,

Same as James:
Jas 1:1 (AKJV/PCE)
(1:1) James, a servant of God and of the Lord Jesus Christ, to the twelve tribes which are scattered abroad, greeting.

It's not hard to understand unless you cling to a myth

1Pet 2:12 (AKJV/PCE)
(2:12) Having your conversation honest among the Gentiles: that, whereas they speak against you as evildoers, they may by [your] good works, which they shall behold, glorify God in the day of visitation.

Note the YOU[R]/THEY distinction in that verse.

Last edited:

Hoping

Banned

Some equally good news is that God also made the way to remain "in Him".

Hoping

Banned
Paul, my apostle as you say, told me he was not yet perfect but that he strived for perfection his whole life.

Philippians 3

8 Yea doubtless, and I count all things but loss for the excellency of the knowledge of Christ Jesus my Lord: for whom I have suffered the loss of all things, and do count them but dung, that I may win Christ,

9 And be found in him, not having mine own righteousness, which is of the law, but that which is through the faith of Christ, the righteousness which is of God by faith:

10 That I may know him, and the power of his resurrection, and the fellowship of his sufferings, being made conformable unto his death;

11 If by any means I might attain unto the resurrection of the dead.

12 Not as though I had already attained, either were already perfect: but I follow after, if that I may apprehend that for which also I am apprehended of Christ Jesus.

13 Brethren, I count not myself to have apprehended: but this one thing I do, forgetting those things which are behind, and reaching forth unto those things which are before,

14 I press toward the mark for the prize of the high calling of God in Christ Jesus.

15 Let us therefore, as many as be perfect, be thus minded: and if in any thing ye be otherwise minded, God shall reveal even this unto you.

According to Paul, we are already perfect in one sense and yet need to strive for perfection in another.

16 Nevertheless, whereto we have already attained, let us walk by the same rule, let us mind the same thing.
The only thing Paul mentioned that he had yet to attain, was the resurrection from the dead. (v12)
He again mentions the result of that in the final verse of Phil 3..."Who shall change our vile body, that it may be fashioned like unto his glorious body, according to the working whereby he is able even to subdue all things unto himself."

Hoping

Banned
The book that Peter wrote was not "to" anyone today. It was written to the dispersed Jews at that time.

1Pet 1:1 (AKJV/PCE)
(1:1) Peter, an apostle of Jesus Christ, to the strangers scattered throughout Pontus, Galatia, Cappadocia, Asia, and Bithynia,

Same as James:
Jas 1:1 (AKJV/PCE)
(1:1) James, a servant of God and of the Lord Jesus Christ, to the twelve tribes which are scattered abroad, greeting.

It's not hard to understand unless you cling to a myth

1Pet 2:12 (AKJV/PCE)
(2:12) Having your conversation honest among the Gentiles: that, whereas they speak against you as evildoers, they may by [your] good works, which they shall behold, glorify God in the day of visitation.

Note the YOU[R]/THEY distinction in that verse.
I am glad I, a Gentile, could learn from the blessed words sent to the Jewish members of the body of Christ.

Hoping

Banned
yes we must pass through baptism bu fire.
The baptism of fire is the end of the world.
It is written..."I indeed baptize you with water unto repentance. but he that cometh after me is mightier than I, whose shoes I am not worthy to bear: he shall baptize you with the Holy Ghost, and with fire:
12 Whose fan is in his hand, and he will throughly purge his floor, and gather his wheat into the garner; but he will burn up the chaff with unquenchable fire." (Matt 3:11-12)

marke

So you're saying that Christians aren't made perfect by the finished work of Christ? Galatians 3:3, Colossians 2:10.
Christians are made perfect at salvation in one respect but continually being perfected after salvation in another respect.

1 Peter 5:10
But the God of all grace, who hath called us unto his eternal glory by Christ Jesus, after that ye have suffered a while, make you perfect, stablish, strengthen, settle you.

Right Divider

Body part
And wherever there is agreement between Catholicism and another (necessarily newer) Christian tradition, then it is 'ipso facto' the latter which has plagiarized from the former. That's theft.
That's ridiculous. Christianity predates the bogus Roman church.

The body of Christ (i.e., the church for today) was founded on Paul by Jesus' choosing of Paul. So your churches bogus attempt to steal Israel's apostles is moot.
you really know how to hurt a guy
You're just too easily hurt.

Hoping

Banned
That's ridiculous. Christianity predates the bogus Roman church.

The body of Christ (i.e., the church for today) was founded on Paul by Jesus' choosing of Paul. So your churches bogus attempt to steal Israel's apostles is moot.

You're just too easily hurt.
The church was founded on Jesus Christ being the Son of God.
You seem to have switched worshipping God to worshipping Paul.
I hope that isn't correct.

Idolater

"Foundation of the World" Dispensationalist χρ