God Kills Babies.

Shelli

BANNED
Banned
:think: I'm really not prepared to choose up sides in TOLs favorite debating point but I hardly think that settled view could be wholly responsible for this video. It's filled with strawmen...and unless one is a full blown Deist (how one could reconcile that with Christian Scripture is beyond me) the video maker would still come to the same conclusion given his cursory understanding of Scripture. I will admit, however, that Settled View makes it easier to get there.

"Straw Men?" Step up and show us a Real Man, Okay? Are you able?

Lol.

Shelli

BANNED
Banned
So you bring up a year and a half old thread...for what?

I dunno if "God kills babies" is quite accurate, unless you can show this has happened recently. "God has killed babies", though? Yes, definitely. Lots of them.

So. You have something to say about that or what? :idunno:

God does not change, so He is still killing babies.

Shelli

BANNED
Banned
I don't think God can justly expend human life. If that were true then there would be far fewer evil people on the earth. That's like, gradeschool obvious.

If you mean life on earth, then, yeah, sure, God is free to expend it at a whim. That's also gradeschool obvious.

When you get done with your troll phase you could try a thinking phase.

Yes, I agree that is what you "don't think."

What does God think about killing babies? Do you actually know? God expends human life as He sees fit.

Shelli

BANNED
Banned
Actually, this is an answer to a question I have not asked.

This is an answer to my second question. Your first example does not apply to pre-born babies and your second example applies to a specific baby. Your third example is the only one I could think of. :thumb:

And so, we're still left with my unanswered first question which I will rephrase in your own terms.

You said: "It is also a potential issue for those hypersensitive people who worship babies, because they are so "special," and so "precious." "

To whom are you referring? Who do you know, on this site, that worships babies?

The identification and handling of Scriptural issues is not limited by what you or other people on "THIS SITE" (Lol) might say. Is this news for you ... ?

Wimmin worship babies. Did you not know?

Shelli

BANNED
Banned
Everything.

When babies die despite our efforts and intentions, though it is difficult, we have to accept that this is the way things are here on this Earth, which is full of death and misery, and remember that the sorrows of this world are not to be compared with the glory of things to come. Everyone dies at some time. Sometimes, God allows someone to die at a very young age, though he could have miraculously intervened and prevented it, but we have to understand that his ways are not always as our ways.

When babies die because of our own actions and decisions, however, there we are in open defiance of God's will.

Did God "allow" babies to die in The Noaic Flood? Or, did He plan for them to die?

Lol.

OMEGA

De 28:18 Cursed shall be the fruit of thy body,

and the fruit of thy land, the increase of thy kine,

and the flocks of thy sheep.

oatmeal

Just read Scripture.

All of the infants living just before the Great Flood were killed by God. The children in Sodom and Gomorrha were wiped out. The firstborn of Egyptian families, many of whom had to be infants, were killed by God's orders. The children of the cities and nations were slaughtered by the rampaging Isrealites conquering the Promised Land. The people of Kadesh in Numbers 16:23-36, with their children, were swallowed up into the Earth by God.

We are not to worship children, nor the state of being within childhood. That is not demonstrated in Scripture. Children are rebellious sinners just like their parents. God is not a respecter of persons.

Shelli.

Deuteronomy 7:16 is one verse that gives more information.

"And thou shalt consume all the people which the Lord thy God shall deliver thee; thine eye shall have no pity upon them: neither shalt thou serve their gods; for that will be a snare unto thee."

oatmeal

Angel4Truth

Hall of Fame
If you ask me it was probably by the same way you don't know there was a global flood. :rolleyes:
You do not get it do you.

She/he is trying to use scripture to say something is so, yet wont respond to requests for scripture to show her/his statement as factual when there is no biblical basis for it.

This isnt about science. Sorry.

Rusha

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
How do you know there were babies alive when the flood happened? Did you see them?

If it is believed that all of mankind who were not on the ark drowned, how could it possibly not include babies as well as children?

Angel4Truth

Hall of Fame
If it is believed that all of mankind who were not on the ark drowned, how could it possibly not include babies as well as children?

The bible speaks of God closing women's wombs in the OT - people lives much longer then than now, i doubt there were as many people on the earth as there are now also, its not far fetched to think there were no infants right then.

At any rate, the bible does not say what shelli is saying it says - its her/his assumption and if she/he desires to be literal to a fault (even past basic comprehension in some of their threads) then they need to show where the bible is saying what they claim, like they demand from others, verbatim.

Thats my point.

alwight

You do not get it do you.

She/he is trying to use scripture to say something is so, yet wont respond to requests for scripture to show her/his statement as factual when there is no biblical basis for it.

This isnt about science. Sorry.
Of course science shows that there was no actual global flood so if God exists then He probably has not drowned babies in a global flood at least.
However if the Bible simply contains an allegorical story of a more local flood, which seems likely enough to me such as what happens today, then we can be sure that babies too are drowned in floods along with other local inhabitants. Do you blame God for that?

If it's simply the Bible and nothing else you have to go by then if it doesn't say specifically that God kept babies from harm's way then surely you must just assume He didn't, otherwise you're just making up your own allegory imo. :angel:

Shelli

BANNED
Banned
Since you felt the need to bump this thread shelli, i am assuming it means you can also address the posts back to you - you haven't responded to this one.

Since you are able to communicate only in your snippy-snot little way, I will accomodate your question above. Lol.

We can know there were babies before the Flood up to the time of the Flood because Scripture says, "In the days of Noah people were being married and were being given in marriage."

Lol.

Angel4Truth

Hall of Fame
Since you are able to communicate only in your snippy-snot little way, I will accomodate your question above. Lol.

We can know there were babies before the Flood up to the time of the Flood because Scripture says, "In the days of Noah people were being married and were being given in marriage."

Lol.

All married people have kids?

MaryContrary

Hall of Fame
God does not change, so He is still killing babies.
I'm going to give you the benefit of the doubt and assume you meant something like "God does not change, so He is still the same God who killed babies." I'll agree with that.

Do you have something to say about that? I mean, okay. God killed babies. So...?

But if you did actually mean what you literally said here then I'll humbly suggest you need to go get a CAT scan.

Letsargue

Of course science shows that there was no actual global flood so if God exists then He probably has not drowned babies in a global flood at least.
However if the Bible simply contains an allegorical story of a more local flood, which seems likely enough to me such as what happens today, then we can be sure that babies too are drowned in floods along with other local inhabitants. Do you blame God for that?

If it's simply the Bible and nothing else you have to go by then if it doesn't say specifically that God kept babies from harm's way then surely you must just assume He didn't, otherwise you're just making up your own allegory imo. :angel:

That’s how and why the Scriptures were given. They are for ( Faith ) not science and archeology, they are all Carnal knowledge. The Knowledge of Faith is “Truth”, (( whether it happened or not )). If it did happen, then it’s (( TRUE )) and not (( TRUTH )). - It’s Truth that ( Leads to God ) not what is ( TRUE ) in the carnal sciences.

Anyone can get away with Blaspheming God, or anyone else here, but thanks be unto God, the ( LIARS ) calling God a “Baby Killer” will never see God!!!!

Paul – 071712