God Kills Babies.

Shelli

BANNED
Banned
Why don't you explain to us how you feel about this, if it's such an issue to you?

A person's "feelings" about issues do not really matter. That is why I have not explained how I feel about this issue.

And, it is not an issue to me, but is an issue for God to have demonstrated in Scripture how He kills babies whenever He thinks it is necessary.

It is also a potential issue for those hypersensitive people who worship babies, because they are so "special," and so "precious." Scripture does prescribe special protection for preborn children. But they are still the victims of mortal judgement at times apart from any culpability.

Shelli.

Spitfire

"Thou shalt not kill."

That means, God is Lord of Life and Death.

That means, we shall not presumptuously place ourselves in that role.

koban

A person's "feelings" about issues do not really matter. That is why I have not explained how I feel about this issue.

Your "feelings" about this issue are betrayed by the fact that you bothered to start a thread about it. It's your ability to communicate clearly that seems a little compromised... :chuckle:

And, it is not an issue to me, but is an issue for God to have demonstrated in Scripture how He kills babies whenever He thinks it is necessary.

God seems to have no issue with it. You, on the other hand, seem compelled to discuss it.

It is also a potential issue for those hypersensitive people who worship babies, because they are so "special," and so "precious."

Cite please?

Scripture does prescribe special protection for preborn children.

Verse?

But they are still the victims of mortal judgement at times apart from any culpability.

In your view, perhaps.

Perhaps not in God's view.

Rusha

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
Is that a demonstrated point within Scripture, or not ... ?

Of course there are places in the Bible where innocent children were slain...however, being that I do not put the Bible at the same level as what Christians do, it makes no difference to me.

However, I would think it would make a difference to *you*?

Shelli

BANNED
Banned
"Thou shalt not kill."

That means, God is Lord of Life and Death.

That means, we shall not presumptuously place ourselves in that role.

A tremendous assertion for us all to apprehend, Spitfire.

What does it have to do with the topic of this thread?

Shelli

BANNED
Banned
Your "feelings" about this issue are betrayed by the fact that you bothered to start a thread about it. It's your ability to communicate clearly that seems a little compromised... :chuckle:

God seems to have no issue with it. You, on the other hand, seem compelled to discuss it.

Cite please?

Verse?

In your view, perhaps.

Perhaps not in God's view.

Does God kill babies, or not ... ?

Spitfire

What does it have to do with the topic of this thread?
Everything.

When babies die despite our efforts and intentions, though it is difficult, we have to accept that this is the way things are here on this Earth, which is full of death and misery, and remember that the sorrows of this world are not to be compared with the glory of things to come. Everyone dies at some time. Sometimes, God allows someone to die at a very young age, though he could have miraculously intervened and prevented it, but we have to understand that his ways are not always as our ways.

When babies die because of our own actions and decisions, however, there we are in open defiance of God's will.

Shelli

BANNED
Banned
Answer my two questions first.

The answer to your second question above is from from Scripture, in my original post, that of the destroyed babies of Egypt at the original passover death event, the destroyed babies because of the Israelie rampages through the Promised Land, and the destroyed babies of the Kadesh rebellion under Moses. These babies had no personal culpability stated by Scripture.

The answer to your first question above about special protection for babies is in:

1. Exodus 13:2a, "Sanctify unto me all the firstborn...", conferred special appointment and care of certain babies.

2. Psalm 139:13b, "Thou hast covered me [David] me in my mother's womb."

3. Exodus 21:22-23, "If men strive, and hurt a woman with child, so that her fruit depart from her, and yet no mischief follow: he shall be surely punished, according as the woman's husband will lay upon him; and he shall pay as the judges determine. And if any mischief follow, then shalt give life for life." Unborn babies' lives were protected by threat of capital punishment.

Does God kill babies?

Shelli.

Yorzhik

LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
Is human life an expendable commodity for God?
I don't think God can justly expend human life. If that were true then there would be far fewer evil people on the earth. That's like, gradeschool obvious.

If you mean life on earth, then, yeah, sure, God is free to expend it at a whim. That's also gradeschool obvious.

When you get done with your troll phase you could try a thinking phase.

Shelli

BANNED
Banned
I don't think God can justly expend human life. If that were true then there would be far fewer evil people on the earth. That's like, gradeschool obvious.

If you mean life on earth, then, yeah, sure, God is free to expend it at a whim. That's also gradeschool obvious.

When you get done with your troll phase you could try a thinking phase.

If God cannot justly expend human life, why does He demonstrate it in Scripture?

koban

The answer to your second question above is from from Scripture, in my original post, that of the destroyed babies of Egypt at the original passover death event, the destroyed babies because of the Israelie rampages through the Promised Land, and the destroyed babies of the Kadesh rebellion under Moses. These babies had no personal culpability stated by Scripture.

Actually, this is an answer to a question I have not asked.

The answer to your first question above about special protection for babies is in:

1. Exodus 13:2a, "Sanctify unto me all the firstborn...", conferred special appointment and care of certain babies.

2. Psalm 139:13b, "Thou hast covered me [David] me in my mother's womb."

3. Exodus 21:22-23, "If men strive, and hurt a woman with child, so that her fruit depart from her, and yet no mischief follow: he shall be surely punished, according as the woman's husband will lay upon him; and he shall pay as the judges determine. And if any mischief follow, then shalt give life for life." Unborn babies' lives were protected by threat of capital punishment.

This is an answer to my second question. Your first example does not apply to pre-born babies and your second example applies to a specific baby. Your third example is the only one I could think of. :thumb:

And so, we're still left with my unanswered first question which I will rephrase in your own terms.

You said: "It is also a potential issue for those hypersensitive people who worship babies, because they are so "special," and so "precious." "

To whom are you referring? Who do you know, on this site, that worships babies?

Shelli

BANNED
Banned
Actually, this is an answer to a question I have not asked.

This is an answer to my second question. Your first example does not apply to pre-born babies and your second example applies to a specific baby. Your third example is the only one I could think of. :thumb:

And so, we're still left with my unanswered first question which I will rephrase in your own terms.

You said: "It is also a potential issue for those hypersensitive people who worship babies, because they are so "special," and so "precious." "

To whom are you referring? Who do you know, on this site, that worships babies?

Webster's Dictionary, "worship 2. intense love or admiration,"

Lots of people worship babies, and the idea of babyhood:

1. The moms who have in their vehicles signage of the sort saying, "Baby On Board!!"

2. The idiot grandparents who say, "It is our job to spoil our grandkids!!"

3. The feminized preachers who "dedicate" church babies by making a few little goo-goo sounds while holding the little sinner in front of the awestruck congregation on a "special" Sunday morning, and them make speculative comments about the child's future, the future of the parents, and then say, "Now let's dedicate each of us to this child here this morning!!"

4. The people who devise, dedicate church resources to, and operate children's Sunday School, as if the children have "special needs," yet not any "special needs" demonstrated in Scripture.

5. The babbling preachers who say, "Our children and our youth are the future of our church and faith!!", forgetting to mention God can raise up stones to praise Him if He wishes.

6. The hypervigilant women who must have specially designed baby accessories and decorations in their home and in the child's own room.

7. The intensely focused monitoring and vigilance upon every squeek, poop, belch, developmental progression, and need for nurturing of an infant by overdoting parents.

8. The assumption that anything which even remotely may bebefit an infant should be placed at the highest priority within a family's retinue of resources.

9. The idea and feeling that every baby is "Special before God."

10. The philosophy that a parent should sacrifice his or her life to save their infant.

These are examples of people who indeed worship babies, infants, and little children.

(Well, get ready for the personally directed comments, now ... )

Shelli.

koban

Webster's Dictionary, "worship 2. intense love or admiration,"

Lots of people worship babies, and the idea of babyhood:

1. The moms who have in their vehicles signage of the sort saying, "Baby On Board!!"

2. The idiot grandparents who say, "It is our job to spoil our grandkids!!"

3. The feminized preachers who "dedicate" church babies by making a few little goo-goo sounds while holding the little sinner in front of the awestruck congregation on a "special" Sunday morning, and them make speculative comments about the child's future, the future of the parents, and then say, "Now let's dedicate each of us to this child here this morning!!"

4. The people who devise, dedicate church resources to, and operate children's Sunday School, as if the children have "special needs," yet not any "special needs" demonstrated in Scripture.

5. The babbling preachers who say, "Our children and our youth are the future of our church and faith!!", forgetting to mention God can raise up stones to praise Him if He wishes.

6. The hypervigilant women who must have specially designed baby accessories and decorations in their home and in the child's own room.

7. The intensely focused monitoring and vigilance upon every squeek, poop, belch, developmental progression, and need for nurturing of an infant by overdoting parents.

8. The assumption that anything which even remotely may bebefit an infant should be placed at the highest priority within a family's retinue of resources.

9. The idea and feeling that every baby is "Special before God."

10. The philosophy that a parent should sacrifice his or her life to save their infant.

These are examples of people who indeed worship babies, infants, and little children.

(Well, get ready for the personally directed comments, now ... )

Shelli.

Once again, you have chosen to answer a question I have not asked.

Let's try again:

Who do you know, on this site, that worships babies?

Yorzhik

LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
God is at various times in Scripture recorded to have either killed many people, or directed the killing of many people. These killed people were expended by God.
Not at all. Unless by "expending" you mean "changing location".

Metacrock

Just read Scripture.

All of the infants living just before the Great Flood were killed by God. The children in Sodom and Gomorrha were wiped out. The firstborn of Egyptian families, many of whom had to be infants, were killed by God's orders. The children of the cities and nations were slaughtered by the rampaging Isrealites conquering the Promised Land. The people of Kadesh in Numbers 16:23-36, with their children, were swallowed up into the Earth by God.

We are not to worship children, nor the state of being within childhood. That is not demonstrated in Scripture. Children are rebellious sinners just like their parents. God is not a respecter of persons.

Shelli.

The one about the Amalekties is redacted. that means it was added latter.

what makes you think we have to regard the OT the same way we do the NT?

Lighthouse

The Dark Knight
Gold Subscriber
Hall of Fame
The one about the Amalekties is redacted. that means it was added latter.

what makes you think we have to regard the OT the same way we do the NT?
Do you have an obsession with resurrecting threads that are nearly a year old?