Gnostic Scriptures:

JosephR

Well ( Yes )!!! - Jesus was the MOST Hateful person ever existed according to Truth, AND the Most Loving!!

There were Evil "Pharisees", -- some of them; but (( Jesus and every)) Christian who ever lived is "Pharisee", -- I Am - "Pharisee"!! I'M not "Sadducee"!!!!

Paul -- 022414

Ill BE DAD GUM WRITE THIS DOWN IN THE HALLS OF TOL!!!!!!!!!

PAUL HAS AGREED WITH ME !!!!!!!!!!!!!

YES YES YES!!!!

sorry but ... im happy :)

I allways respected you Paul and wanted to understand and communicate with you . So this is kinda a big deal for me :)

Letsargue

Ill BE DAD GUM WRITE THIS DOWN IN THE HALLS OF TOL!!!!!!!!!

PAUL HAS AGREED WITH ME !!!!!!!!!!!!!

YES YES YES!!!!

sorry but ... im happy :)

I allways respected you Paul and wanted to understand and communicate with you . So this is kinda a big deal for me :)

Well!! - All anyone ever has to do is just - Ask. -- Looks like you find it easier to do so than most of these geniuses!! - ( Pride )?? - Maybe that's their problem for being Ignorant. -- Christ loves ~~~pride / arrogance~~!!

Paul -- 022414

JosephR

Well!! - All anyone ever has to do is just - Ask. -- Looks like you find it easier to do so than most of these geniuses!! - ( Pride )?? - Maybe that's their problem for being Ignorant. -- Christ loves ~~~pride / arrogance~~!!

Paul -- 022414

Pride and the ego is a big KILLER and I try and shed them a little at a time,,or is that prideful to say,you see its hard..

I see ALOT of knowledge in alot you post. You no doubt are sincere in faith and love for God and Christ. And you been here a long time.. and I been here a few short months so I can see how frustrated it could be and must have been for you .

thanks for being patient with me. dont stop cause Im watching,and learning :)

Letsargue

Pride and the ego is a big KILLER and I try and shed them a little at a time,,or is that prideful to say,you see its hard..

I see ALOT of knowledge in alot you post. You no doubt are sincere in faith and love for God and Christ. And you been here a long time.. and I been here a few short months so I can see how frustrated it could be and must have been for you .

thanks for being patient with me. dont stop cause Im watching,and learning :)

Just be WHO you are. - One may need to alter it a "little", for different geniuses who won't let you be WHO you are. - Then you really learn WHO They are. -- BOY!!, - do you learn that!!! - There's not "hardly any" here who will allow someone different than They. - Here you must be the "same" as any of the Rude Geniuses, and you can very easy tell who these smarter than God Phonies are.

Paul -- 022414

freelight

Eclectic Theosophist
beyond thought-forms.........

beyond thought-forms.........

I agree Greatly, - only in your latter part. – However, --- I’m not “Gnostic”. --- My Name is “Christian”. -- Jesus / Jesus Christ / Christ, and God the Father ( IS ) -- “Christian”. – There is no Law, or Words of Law to cover the title, “Gnostic”.

I Must know that My Name / "Aurhority" is found - ( "Written" ) in the “New Testament” / The “Book of Live” / Christ / the Law. --- ( Revelation 20:12 KJV ) --//---

Paul – 022414

A 'gnostic' is one who values 'gnosis', recognizing that apart from knowledge, no-thing or any-thing could be known, even though there is always existing the 'knowing' (pure awareness/light) itself, prior to any subjects or objects.

I Am Light.

pj

Letsargue

A 'gnostic' is one who values 'gnosis', recognizing that apart from knowledge, no-thing or any-thing could be known, even though there is always existing the 'knowing' (pure awareness/light) itself, prior to any subjects or objects.

I Am Light.

pj

I AM - that I AM, --- Look and "SEE" that I AM, and cast it from thee.
(( 1 John 3:2 KJV )) -- “We know that, when He shall appear, we shall be like Him; for we shall SEE Him as He is”. --//----

Paul -- 030814

freelight

Eclectic Theosophist
The omnipresent center......

The omnipresent center......

I AM - that I AM, --- Look and "SEE" that I AM, and cast it from thee.
(( 1 John 3:2 KJV )) -- “We know that, when He shall appear, we shall be like Him; for we shall SEE Him as He is”. --//----

Paul -- 030814

Which further confirms that 'gnosis' is 'key' in 'Self-realization', since it is the 'light' of 'being' itself that is innate to itself, as that original awareness in which all subjective and objective knowledge resides.

There is no looking towards 'God', as much as there is 'God' looking out thru your own eyes, since 'God' is the only reality reflecting itself in so many mirrors, distorted by refracted perception.

When 'God' appears or is revealed we discover that 'God' and our own true Self are of the same essence (there is no difference or seperation but in 'forms' or 'personalities' that are relating in some space-time matrix). The "I", or the light behind the "I" gives rise to all else since nothing else exists in the phenomenal world apart from the all seeing "I". It is this heart-source and all-illumining Presence that we call 'God'.

pj

Letsargue

Which further confirms that 'gnosis' is 'key' in 'Self-realization', since it is the 'light' of 'being' itself that is innate to itself, as that original awareness in which all subjective and objective knowledge resides.

There is no looking towards 'God', as much as there is 'God' looking out thru your own eyes, since 'God' is the only reality reflecting itself in so many mirrors, distorted by refracted perception.

When 'God' appears or is revealed we discover that 'God' and our own true Self are of the same essence (there is no difference or seperation but in 'forms' or 'personalities' that are relating in some space-time matrix). The "I", or the light behind the "I" gives rise to all else since nothing else exists in the phenomenal world apart from the all seeing "I". It is this heart-source and all-illumining Presence that we call 'God'.

pj

In speaking in these terms, there is but "ONE" Light. - What God sees is what we the Christian sees, and what we the Christian sees is what God sees. ( God is the Light and the Christian is the Light ), and God sees the Christian and the Christian sees God the Light who we are.

(( Matthew 5:14 KJV )) – “Ye are the Light of the world. A (( City )) that is set on an hill cannot be hid”. --//----
(( Revelation 3:12 KJV )) – “I will write upon him (( The name of my God, and the name of the City of my God, which is New Jerusalem ))”. --//-----
(( Luke 11:34 KJV )) – “The Light of the Body is the eye: therefore “When thine eye is single, (( Thy whole Body also is full of Light )); but when thine eye is evil, thy body also is full of darkness”. --//----

(( 1 John 3:2 KJV )) – “We know that, when He shall ( “Appear” ), we shall be like Him; for we shall SEE Him as He is”. --//----

Paul – 030814

freelight

Eclectic Theosophist
I am light

I am light

In speaking in these terms, there is but "ONE" Light. - What God sees is what we the Christian sees, and what we the Christian sees is what God sees. ( God is the Light and the Christian is the Light ), and God sees the Christian and the Christian sees God the Light who we are.

(( Matthew 5:14 KJV )) – “Ye are the Light of the world. A (( City )) that is set on an hill cannot be hid”. --//----
(( Revelation 3:12 KJV )) – “I will write upon him (( The name of my God, and the name of the City of my God, which is New Jerusalem ))”. --//-----
(( Luke 11:34 KJV )) – “The Light of the Body is the eye: therefore “When thine eye is single, (( Thy whole Body also is full of Light )); but when thine eye is evil, thy body also is full of darkness”. --//----

(( 1 John 3:2 KJV )) – “We know that, when He shall ( “Appear” ), we shall be like Him; for we shall SEE Him as He is”. --//----

Paul – 030814

'Aumen' and 'Om' :)

Accordingly, the gnostic recognizes the 'light' that illumines all men, since that light is original, individual and universal.

pj

Letsargue

'Aumen' and 'Om' :)

Accordingly, the gnostic recognizes the 'light' that illumines all men, since that light is original, individual and universal.

pj

Everything, - and I mean "EVERYTHING" Righteous, and of God, and of any and everything of the Truth, IS The LIGHT; - the Light in the Singular / God / US. - That is also the "Trinity"; - The Light, God, and US the Christian.

Paul -- 030914

freelight

Eclectic Theosophist
The Bright itself................

The Bright itself................

Everything, - and I mean "EVERYTHING" Righteous, and of God, and of any and everything of the Truth, IS The LIGHT; - the Light in the Singular / God / US. - That is also the "Trinity"; - The Light, God, and US the Christian.

Paul -- 030914

Yes, the One Universal Light includes itself as Singular and Plural, for emerging out from within The One are all differentiations, multiples, expressions, offsprings, evolutions, generations of That One....since the One is All There Is anyways (or any way its in-divided, involved/evolved, distributed, informed, procreated, etc.). All is formed out of the one universal essence taking on (assuming) various dimensions, forms, shapes, appearances. There is only that Light. (all else are reflections of varying degrees of light and shadow in the realms of creation, those dimensions of existence conditioned by space-time perception)....also called 'maya' from a Vedic perspective.

When we recognize our true nature/real identity that is of the eternal substance of divinity,...we return 'Home' and know ourselves as we are, 'heaven' being 'there' (in the light of gnosis which is the pure unstained awareness of heaven itself). I am that......that I am.

pj

Letsargue

Yes, the One Universal Light includes itself as Singular and Plural, for emerging out from within The One are all differentiations, multiples, expressions, offsprings, evolutions, generations of That One....since the One is All There Is anyways (or any way its in-divided, involved/evolved, distributed, informed, procreated, etc.). All is formed out of the one universal essence taking on (assuming) various dimensions, forms, shapes, appearances. There is only that Light. (all else are reflections of varying degrees of light and shadow in the realms of creation, those dimensions of existence conditioned by space-time perception)....also called 'maya' from a Vedic perspective.

When we recognize our true nature/real identity that is of the eternal substance of divinity,...we return 'Home' and know ourselves as we are, 'heaven' being 'there' (in the light of gnosis which is the pure unstained awareness of heaven itself). I am that......that I am.

pj

“Three” - is all man can comprehend in his thought dimensions, but there are "Four" in the “TRINITY” of God. – The Breadth, Length, Depth, AND the “HIGTH”. – (( Ephesians 3:18 KJV )) --//-----

God IS ALL, and We with God is ALL also because We are a part of the ALL, and ALL IN ALL is the Understanding of who God is if we are Like Him. – Heavenly is our Name, - Creation is who We are, - Knowledge is our Mind, -- and GOD IS ALL IN ALL, the Trinity of Trinities.

Paul – 060814

whitestone

iamsoandso
Re: i need help with this math problem

Quote:
Originally Posted by kenisyes View Post
So I think you're saying that these folks did not understand what Jesus really meant in God's plan for history, so they were too fearful to address what 666 might mean. As a result, they started changing the number around. That makes perfect sense. But is that sufficient answer to the question of why they chose to make it chi-iota, and the mark that is maybe epsilon, maybe digamma, with the line above it and the little maybe apostrophe? Wasn't that the original question? Is this expression simply a random choice? Is it some Freudian slip betraying their fear?
ken these manuscripts, were found in baskets and put in the "dump" on the outskirts of the city of oxyrhynchus,Egypt. they were water deteriorated and at first not able to be read. at oxford unv. they developed(borrowed) a method to use infrared light to illuminate the entire letter,the resistance of where the ink used to be,that is it did not penetrate the papyrus paper as much as the rest.(you i think knew this), the x,chi below it in the text does look different as what you point out,that is chi where the arrow is pointing looks different than the one below it in another word.,,,,it took me a while x with digamma added=a number,,but nomina sacra above it still means to abbreviate so then six hundred to a power? so hence 6000 as stated by irenaeus and then abbreviated?...but why abbreviate?,,,there's where took the most thought,,,"they",the gnostic s(knowledge)believed that "within the inner circle",,there was knowledge passed by word of mouth to each of them.so hence "the abbreviations=different level of understanding" which may explain both digamma and chi,with nomina sacra above it..that is to them in their way of thinking a possible explanation. i.e.Sophia,aeon,ect,we need to think like them to understand what they were writing.also the stigma,is of the three phases where it evolved into looking more like a "c",which should give us a better date of the writing,later it had the hook at the bottom so second century or before i think. that is there are capital and lower letters,so the text is right for 1st.-2nd cen.ad,,,but i still have some other questions,one is Irenaeus said i believe in ah one?where he spoke about the aeons?,,,,,"these so called commentaries,i have read",,,,so look back at "papyrus 115",,,there are two are three large chunks and then small pieces,,so "i searched the www",,there are copies of the rev. with 616,i.e.codex c,textus receptus,bynzentine text,codex epheaemi,ect.(i know some are from the other),but not to get off the point "is this one of the commentaries irenaeus spoke of or is it a copy of the rev. with a scribal error?",,you see this would change every thing we are thinking.,,,you see we know there are both things that existed by testimony of the church fathers both commentaries and copies(of the autograph) of the revalation of john.,,,"NoY",above 616, i have also researched as you did the other "name",too short to abbreviate,,,,,but "number",but then again i have found nothing Greek to abbreviate,,,"NoY" except that the first and last are "higher case",,and the middle "lower",,,now in (common) greek there was both styles one all in "capital" and the other in both,,,,,this clearly is written using both(should give us direction to the pronunciation marks implied),,,,,,,,,,,,,,,i spent some time reading back through our post,,,,"i am one horrible,typist am i not?",,,,i saw you said,"not to disprove you",,,,,that is not what i meant at all "papyrus 115",,,,pick it apart,,that's what i thought i said,,,"it",,not my thinking,,,,,,,,,and then if i am wrong,,me too. i want to just know also,,lick my wounds if i must,,never the less though i want to know it.,,,i am a horrible typist,my mind tells my fingers and they are ten minds arguing,,i should apologize to every other one of you,,,i mean no offense to any of you if i seem blunt,,i am in the midst of loving you all (here in cc),,,

November 20th, 2012
iamsoandso

i only have 4 minute left and then its not my turn on the computer,,,,,good night sweet dreams i will see you tomorrow,,,

November 20th, 2012
kenisyes

I did not realize these had been "developed" by infrared light. I hesitate to think what that might alone have meant for us. Let's try this: The six visible lines transliterate (I think)
1. Ranoy
2. H XIc
3. TooP
4. EXoYCa
5. YTOYTE
6. TONKAI

2. is the number of the beast that we are starting with.
3. is to oros, the 8th and 9th words of 14:1 in our Bible
4. is echousai, the 18th word of vs. 1
6. is auton kai, last word of vs 2 and first of vs. 3.

By counting letters and words, I should be able to locate 5, but I cannot. Also, why is there an H before the number of the beast? It should be Y. Better yet, note what the sigma in echousai looks like; it looks like the digamma, because the top did not come out. I have no hope of locating 1., if it some kind of change from the original. I recognize it as part of the word ouranou, heavenly.

We need to ask ourselves, how correct is the infrared at showing us the writer's intention? Maybe he had variable pen tension, and letters, like the sigma, are coming out half formed. Maybe the line over the 616 goes over the H as well. Can you identify any more words?

November 21st, 2012
loveme1

Quote:
Originally Posted by iamsoandso View Post
i just realized what you were asking,,"they" who i was referring to was not anyone on cc.,,, "they" whom i am speaking of is "theodotus,hippolytus,tatian,ect.",to me if you are asking mine own opinion,,"mine that is",Christ said he had a name that except for whom he gave it no one knew,,(bear in mind every son is called after his father's name)he told us he would give you a new name and write it on a stone,he told us he would write his fathers name in our forehead.we are sealed with the mark(name,stigma) of god in our forehead.there is a husband and he invites us to the wedding,ten virgins,some do but some do not come. and there is the marriage.lets remember,the son is named after the father,and the bride is called after the groom.,,,but i am a man,and my name is not iamsoandso, that is when he became the groom and i the bride.now my name is mine husbands,and his is his fathers open the book of life,i was afraid at first,iamsoandso was not in it. but then i saw the name in it and it was my husbands father and then i was not afraid.and that man of sin,my husband spoke of he said "i come in my fathers name and you receive me not,if another come in his own name you will receive him",but blasphemy,is to say you are god.now he(the man of sin) will not(spirit of antichrist),tell you he is "not Christ",,he will not tell you there is another that is the Messiah,you see he cannot. so he will come and tell you he is my husband,he will say "come to me my love i am Jesus your husband". though he may try to trick me and say he is my husband,he does not smell like my husband,he is not the one who loved me. he will not say he is named Fred,,he will tell you he is your husband."they",,,616,,were pulling their hair out looking at this,they went out from us to show they were not of us.and a strong delusion fell on them as to have them believe a lie.so they set down to make it say anything else but what it said.
No, i started to consider that you had the solution to the problem you asked for help with.

November 21st, 2012
iamsoandso

Quote:
Originally Posted by kenisyes View Post
I did not realize these had been "developed" by infrared light. I hesitate to think what that might alone have meant for us. Let's try this: The six visible lines transliterate (I think)
1. Ranoy
2. H XIc
3. TooP
4. EXoYCa
5. YTOYTE
6. TONKAI

2. is the number of the beast that we are starting with.
3. is to oros, the 8th and 9th words of 14:1 in our Bible
4. is echousai, the 18th word of vs. 1
6. is auton kai, last word of vs 2 and first of vs. 3.

By counting letters and words, I should be able to locate 5, but I cannot. Also, why is there an H before the number of the beast? It should be Y. Better yet, note what the sigma in echousai looks like; it looks like the digamma, because the top did not come out. I have no hope of locating 1., if it some kind of change from the original. I recognize it as part of the word ouranou, heavenly.

We need to ask ourselves, how correct is the infrared at showing us the writer's intention? Maybe he had variable pen tension, and letters, like the sigma, are coming out half formed. Maybe the line over the 616 goes over the H as well. Can you identify any more words?
,,,exactly now you are on the correct path.,,,,but me and you are not yet seeing the same thing,that is i said "iota eta",then you replied and said "no its not eta",,,then i sad "gan"ect.ect,,,and it seemed off base again,,,,you had the post before it posted "this is the whole text" and gave it,,,but at the end you said "then should we not be discussing valentinus?",,,so i thought we were at that time thinking the same. so let us regroup,,,you are only looking at a.h.bk.5.29,,,,,,,so far from the beginning of the post till now i have quoted text to you from a.h.bk 1 chapters 1,2,3,,,,and a.h.bk.5.29,,,and the letter to the phillipians by polycarp,,,go to a.h.bk 1 and review ch.1,2,3, and then you will understand why i am saying things that in one post seem correct and the next not.,,,,in a.h.ch.3.2.9 "iota eta",,and then look back at what you are "translating" and you will see why they changed these,,,,

November 21st, 2012
iamsoandso

http://www.csad.ox.ac.uk/POxy/papyri...pg,,,,,,,,,now then the "iota,,a.h.chapter 3.2.9" was changed on purpose,,,the eta is the "higher case eta",,which is "proceeding" i.e. in your list row #2 =,,"eta,chi,iota,stigma" eta is strong's 706 and 142,,"arithmos" but notice they the gnostics also as irenaeus states they changed "both",,,,your greek is way better than mine "im a kinder gardener",,if you notice looking at the writing each time the writer picks up his pen,and after he dips it then set's it back down "where he puts it down makes a circular mark,right where he sets it down",but when he picks it up(the pen is drying out)and it leaves a fine line(hard to see) but it looks to me as if over "eta" line two the pen was drying out and so the infrared barely shows the "RaNoY",,he sets the pen down above"aleph?" when he put the nomina sacra,,but he wrote the word first,,when he made the N shape he set the pen down,went up,down and to the right,picked the pen up set it down and went down to make the letter "nu".i put a link at the top(i think),,there are 12 pieces of papyrus 115 i ceep looking at "noy"as i call it he repeats it in other words in the same text but this is the only place where he uses nomina sacra,so given his religion i suppose he is denoting "higher level of knowledge" with nomina sacra.

Show 40 post(s) from this thread on one page
Page 4 of 12 FirstFirst Previous ... 23456 ... Next LastLast