ECT Get On the Road To Emmaus With Cleopas And His Friend Again

Tambora

Get your armor ready!
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
If it were attention I wanted, I would not have rocked the boat - duh uh :chuckle:

And the reason I end with Romans 5:8 is because that is how I have chosen to view each of you despite your persistent hypocrisy.

Doesn't mean you should not be called on it.

You three are just dumb on this - intentionally so - nevertheless, Romans 5:8 - we each certainly prove we need it. :chuckle:
You overreact a lot.
And overact too.

Danoh

If it weren't what you seek, you'd move on.

Here - smoke this in your club's obvious double-standard:

The irony...

thick, thick irony...

made up...

and...

:chuckle:

Nevertheless, Romans 5:8.

And I'm done - I've pointed out what I believe had to be pointed out; no sense in continuing to bark any further.

Of course, you'll now add to this more conflict. And yet, you assert I am the one in the wrong.

I'd rather be.

The ball is in each your court...but bounce it back to you I find no reason to continue in; I've said what I have believed needed to be said.

Last edited:

Danoh

Could you guys go to PM for all that, and try at least to discuss the OP?

Come on, IP, you well know by now their real issue with you is not really your doctrine but actually each their pettiness and love of conflict given their one sided "grace" double-standard - I'm afraid your desire will not be granted anytime soon.

For call them out on it, the Apostle Paul himself would certainly do, and that; in the spirit of Romans 5:8.

heir

TOL Subscriber
Come on, IP, you well know by now their real issue with you is not really your doctrine but actually each their pettiness and love of conflict given their one sided "grace" double-standard - I'm afraid your desire will not be granted anytime soon.
Paul used the term doctrine 23 times. It is of utmost importance. You would cozy up to a false brethren were Paul speaking here.

Tambora

Get your armor ready!
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
Clueless.

Danoh

Paul used the term doctrine 23 times. It is of utmost importance. You would cozy up to a false brethren were Paul speaking here.

We see that differently sis.

I am more than well aware of the Apostle Paul's admonitions on heretics.

At the same time, I am also well aware that more than once does he concede the valid point of individuals he otherwise normally considers generally secular in outlook and or lost.

As with this fool here; who's point the Apostle Paul had obviously nevertheless not only found "true" but had openly conceded...

Titus 1:12 One of themselves, even a prophet of their own, said, The Cretians are alway liars, evil beasts, slow bellies. 1:13 This witness is true. Wherefore rebuke them sharply, that they may be sound in the faith; 1:14 Not giving heed to Jewish fables, and commandments of men, that turn from the truth.

I'm just viewing such - be they Believers, or not, or even confused Believers - I'm just viewing all such...through the lens of Romans 5:8.

That is a choice I have made.

Doesn't mean I agree with them - I always make that clear.

Romans 15:1 We then that are strong ought to bear the infirmities of the weak, and not to please ourselves. 15:2 Let every one of us please his neighbour for his good to edification. 15:3 For even Christ pleased not himself; but, as it is written, The reproaches of them that reproached thee fell on me.

In the spirit (heart attitude, outlook) of Romans 5:8's unmerited grace towards me...towards others...in His stead.

Doesn't mean I am somehow crippled by that from being able to call them out on what I consider are their errors.

You might think so, sis, but that does not necessarily make it so.

We will simply have to disagree on this, until one of us is fully persuaded in his own mind otherwise.

Until then, and even if never...than nevertheless, the unmerited grace of Romans 5:8 that God extended towards me...I extend towards you, heir.

Danoh

Of course you do. No matter, why don't you charge him that he teach no other doctrine (1 Timothy 1:3 KJV)?

I do - all the time.

Just not to YOUR standard.

Mine being the standard of Romans 5:8 - which applies to all three of us - him, me, and you.

Lazy afternoon

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
No wonder Paul said--

1Ti 2:11 Let the woman learn in silence with all subjection.
1Ti 2:12 But I suffer not a woman to teach, nor to usurp authority over the man, but to be in silence.

Lazy afternoon

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
:chuckle:

Means exactly what it says...singular promise.

Gal 3:28 There is neither Jew nor Greek, there is neither bond nor free, there is neither male nor female: for ye are all one in Christ Jesus.
Gal 3:29 And if ye be Christ's, then are ye Abraham's seed, and heirs according to the promise.

God's Truth

I do - all the time.

Just not to YOUR standard.

Mine being the standard of Romans 5:8 - which applies to all three of us - him, me, and you.

That scripture is about no one having to get circumcised before Jesus would save us.

Colossians 2:13 When you were dead in your sins and in the uncircumcision of your flesh, God made you alive with Christ. He forgave us all our sins,

God's Truth

For call them out on it, the Apostle Paul himself would certainly do, and that; in the spirit of Romans 5:8.

You are exactly like your brothers and sisters. Why do you fight against them as if you are not?

God's Truth

Get On the Road Again - To Emmaus With Cleopas and His Buddy

In Luke 24: 21-31-32 there is an awakening, a seeing, an insight, which is about the change from kata sarka (I Corinthians 10: 18), after the flesh, to the kata pneumatikos (I Peter 2: 5), after the Spirit, or being spiritually a member of the oikos pneumatikos, spiritual house. There is in Luke 24: 31-32 a great insight, a change, a translation or a transformation from that which is physical and believing that Christ only died on the Cross to redeem the nation of Israel (Luke 24: 21) politically and physically from the Roman rule, to seeing and believing in Christ as the savior of all who have faith in him. In that insight and beginning of faith there is that start of the fulfillment of the hope of glory (Colossians 1: 27), which is Christ in you.

Notice in Luke 24: 13-32 that verse 21 shows the state of belief of the two on the Road to Emmous after the Crucifixion - that Christ's mission was only to redeem the nation of Israel physically from Rome. But then in verses 25-27 Christ told them they were fools and slow of heart and expounded to them the Scriptures concerning himself.

Finally, in verses 31-32 their eyes were opened and they knew him, and they said "...one to another, Did not our heart burn within us, while he talked with us by the way, and while he opened to us the scriptures?"

"And, behold, two of them went that same day to a village called Emmaus, which was from Jerusalem about threescore furlongs.
14. And they talked together of all these things which had happened.
15. And it came to pass, that, while they communed together and reasoned, Jesus himself drew near, and went with them.
16. But their eyes were holden that they should not know him.
17. And he said unto them, What manner of communications are these that ye have one to another, as ye walk, and are sad?
18. And the one of them, whose name was Cleopas, answering said unto him, Art thou only a stranger in Jerusalem, and hast not known the things which are come to pass therein these days?
19. And he said unto them, What things? And they said unto him, Concerning Jesus of Nazareth, which was a prophet mighty in deed and word before God and all the people:
20. And how the chief priests and our rulers delivered him to be condemned to death, and have crucified him.
21. But we trusted that it had been he which should have redeemed Israel: and beside all this, to day is the third day since these things were done.
22. Yea, and certain women also of our company made us astonished, which were early at the sepulchre;
23. And when they found not his body, they came, saying, that they had also seen a vision of angels, which said that he was alive.
24. And certain of them which were with us went to the sepulchre, and found it even so as the women had said: but him they saw not.
25. Then he said unto them, O fools, and slow of heart to believe all that the prophets have spoken:
26. Ought not Christ to have suffered these things, and to enter into his glory?
27. And beginning at Moses and all the prophets, he expounded unto them in all the scriptures the things concerning himself.
28. And they drew nigh unto the village, whither they went: and he made as though he would have gone further.
29. But they constrained him, saying, Abide with us: for it is toward evening, and the day is far spent. And he went in to tarry with them.
30. And it came to pass, as he sat at meat with them, he took bread, and blessed it, and brake, and gave to them.
31. And their eyes were opened, and they knew him; and he vanished out of their sight.
32. And they said one to another, Did not our heart burn within us, while he talked with us by the way, and while he opened to us the scriptures?" Luke 24: 13-32

Jesus came FIRST for those who were already saved.

When Jesus came to earth, he came only for the lost sheep of Israel.

Not all Jews were the lost sheep of Israel.

Many Jews did not have faith, and those were the Jews who were cut off and hardened so that they could not hear and believe Jesus when he came.

When Jesus was lifted up off this earth, then all could come to him to be saved.