Gay Rights or Freedom of Religion and Speech?

Lon

Take a look in the mirror
To respond or not to...

I've never been banned from an atheist site. You? From here?

Don't use a mirror. That is just your looks. Look at your writing and what gets you banned then come talk to me. :up:

how can you have a family friendly business when you don't welcome all families?
I know you are 'trying' to go somewhere with this. Redefining isn't the answer. An attack on biological families is an attack. I don't care if your circus act 'calls' itself a family. It is wrong to have adults in leather crawling through the McDonald's play toys. Wrong.

I'd yank my kids. So would you, don't lie. That business lost business. I nor you, will likely go there again. You and I have both left parks with these other 'families.' We don't even know their sexual preference, their religion, or anything else. We are just not comfortable around adults in leather. I have not left parks with lesbians present with their kids. I'm just saying consistency is important. We have NO choice but to say "no." That right and place, should be protected. Families are vulnerable. Kids are vulnerable. That is why they are targeted. Chucky Cheese should be able to make some discretionary choices about who they let in, and who they do not.

I literally watched one group of gay men, proposition me, then turn around and proposition tween street kids. This was before cell phones. Every business in that area should be allowed to say 'no.'

Last edited:

CherubRam

yeah, this group rented out a venue, a piece of property not a church, to the general population. And as you pointed out:

They chose to refuse to rent that venue out to members of a minority and got sued. They were engaged in a public for profit business and what happened is exactly what would have happened if they refused to rent a venue to a black couple.
Church property belongs to the church.

CherubRam

'Now this was the sin of your sister Sodom: She and her daughters were arrogant, overfed and unconcerned; they did not help the poor and needy. They were haughty and did detestable things* before me. Therefore I did away with them as you have seen.” Ezekiel 16:49-50

*Detestable things - shiqquts; sheqets; shiqqutsim - a term always applied to idol-worship or to objects connected with idolatry

shiqquts {shik-koots'}; from shaqats; disgusting.

CherubRam

Everyone is hurt by discrimination and intolerance.

Some people are mentally incapable in discriminating right from wrong.

Homosexuals are intolerant of the righteous.

In their pervert parades they parade their sin like Sodom and Gomorrah in public.

Alate_One

Your translation is corrupted.
Uh huh. A translation is "corrupted" when you disagree with what it says.

I checked NIV, NASB and KJV, they all say the same thing.

“‘Now this was the sin of your sister Sodom: She and her daughters were arrogant, overfed and unconcerned; they did not help the poor and needy. 50 They were haughty and did detestable things before me. Therefore I did away with them as you have seen. 51 Samaria did not commit half the sins you did. You have done more detestable things than they, and have made your sisters seem righteous by all these things you have done.

And if you think "detestable things" only means "sodomy", the "you" in that verse refers to Israel, which also did detestable things. So there you go.

Also recall that Sodom and Gomorrah weren't filled with homosexual men wanting to get married or just wanting to live in peace, they were essentially rapists. Rather different than the homosexuals of today.

oatmeal

Gay Rights or Freedom of Religion and Speech?

Which is more important?

Should the people be made to give up their religious beliefs, and freedom of speech, for Homosexuals?

Amendment I
Congress shall make no law respecting an establishment of religion, or prohibiting the free exercise thereof; or abridging the freedom of speech,...

Indiana governor: New law 'not about discrimination'
http://news.yahoo.com/pence-effort-clarify-religious-objections-law-underway-050406066.html

The law of the land is the Constitution.

Gay rights is an oxymoron.

Gays are wrong.

Dead wrong.

CherubRam

The bible is hate speech.

In law, hate speech is any speech, gesture or conduct, writing, or display which is forbidden because it may incite violence or prejudicial action against or by a protected individual or group, or because it disparages or intimidates a protected individual or group.

Leviticus 20:13. KJV
If a man also lie with mankind, as he lieth with a woman, both of them have committed an abomination: they shall surely be put to death; their blood shall be upon them.

Amendment I
Congress shall make no law respecting an establishment of religion, or prohibiting the free exercise thereof; or abridging the freedom of speech,...

Gays and Politicians know that the bible contains writings speaking against homosexuality. So, why do they never address the issue as hate speech? Hitler used politics, schools, and news media to promote his agenda. We see the same thing taking place in America. School children are only shown homosexuality as a good thing, no one is allowed to speak against it. The purpose of the Gay agenda is to slowly build base support before taking on more difficult task. It seems that the average person is very naïve in how things come about in time.

TracerBullet

To respond or not to...

I've never been banned from an atheist site. You? From here?

Don't use a mirror. That is just your looks. Look at your writing and what gets you banned then come talk to me. :up:
I ask tough questions and I am willing to speak uncomfortable truths and that has earned me a few banns. It has also meant that many "Christians"here call me names and has garnered a few threats not just to me but to my children.

I'm not afraid to look in a mirror, you on the other hand...

I know you are 'trying' to go somewhere with this. Redefining isn't the answer. An attack on biological families is an attack. I don't care if your circus act 'calls' itself a family. It is wrong to have adults in leather crawling through the McDonald's play toys. Wrong.

I'd yank my kids. So would you, don't lie. That business lost business. I nor you, will likely go there again. You and I have both left parks with these other 'families.' We don't even know their sexual preference, their religion, or anything else. We are just not comfortable around adults in leather.
Speak for yourself, I don't judge people by what they wear.

I literally watched one group of gay men, proposition me, then turn around and proposition tween street kids. This was before cell phones. Every business in that area should be allowed to say 'no.'
And I've watch middle aged men try to score with high school girls. Does their questionable behavior mean it's OK for some business to discriminate against you?

CherubRam

If that Church is renting that auxiliary building or that orchard out to the public they get to follow the law and they don't get to refuse to rent it out to blacks or the handicapped or gays.

So, according to you Christians forfeit freedom of speech and religion when dealing with the public. For a Christian you sure have a lot of Antichristian comments.

CherubRam

If there is going to be tolerance enforced by the law, then that would mean that there will be a loss of freedom of religion and speech.

PureX

You can't reason with hate, especially when it's hiding behind religion.

What a sad, sad, image of Christianity this thread projects.

Dialogos

I ask tough questions...
But refuse to answer them apparently.

Do you or do you not support the right for 3 men to marry?
Do you or do you not support the right of an adult man to marry his adult sister?
Do you or do you not support the rights of man to marry multiple women?