FREELIGHTS COSMIC SPACECRAFT MODULE IS ON THE BLINK!

freelight

Eclectic Theosophist
Here we go again.............

Here we go again.............

The "Urantia Book" garbage is known as a "UFO Cult!"

Wrong. Stop lying and misrespresenting. Its dishonorable. You have been CORRECTED on this matter numerous times here and elsewhere concerning the Urantia material. Anyone else who believes your claims without educating themselves with my proper responses also joins in supporting misrepresentation and dishonesty.

You have no exuse for your ignorance and willful idiocy in this regard. You are a troll and a buffoon.

pj

Grosnick Marowbe

Hall of Fame
The Urantians (Freelight and Caino) don't want anyone to know the
truth about the Urantia Book! It's a cult like Scientology! It's not
Christian in any way, shape, or form! It's known as a UFO Cult!

Grosnick Marowbe

Hall of Fame
Wrong. Stop lying and misrespresenting. Its dishonorable. You have been CORRECTED on this matter numerous times here and elsewhere concerning the Urantia material. Anyone else who believes your claims without educating themselves with my proper responses also joins in supporting misrepresentation and dishonesty.

You have no exuse for your ignorance and willful idiocy in this regard. You are a troll and a buffoon.

pj

If you don't like the truth being spread about your cult, then, report me to the Woodshed?

Caino

BANNED
Banned
Google "The urantia UFO cult!"

Home   Urantia Book FAQ   About The Urantia Book   Urantia Cult

Urantia Cult

Back to About The Urantia Book | Back to all FAQ's |  Submit Your Question

You wrote: "This sounds like a Urantia cult and sci-fi to me." Thanks for your comment, which I am going to treat as a question, so that I can respond to you.

The word "cult" is an interesting one...in our modern common usage, the cult usually has either a spiritual element, but more often, a sinister element:

(from the Online Merriam-Webster) noun, often attributive \'k?lt\

Definition of CULT

1.formal religious veneration : worship
2.a system of religious beliefs and ritual; also : its body of adherents
3.a religion regarded as unorthodox or spurious; also : its body of adherents

And from the Merriam-Webster Concise Encyclopedia:

Cult: Collective veneration or worship (e.g., the cult of the saints— meaning collective veneration of the saints—in Roman Catholicism). In the West, the term has come to be used for groups that are perceived to have deviated from normative religions in belief and practice. They typically have a charismatic leader and attract followers who are in some way disenfranchised from the mainstream of society. Cults as thus defined are often viewed as foreign or dangerous.

It wasn't always so. In the 1930s, when The Urantia Book was completed, a dictionary of that day defined "cult" this way:

Cult. Cult n .[F. culte, L. cultus care, culture, fr. colere to cultivate. Cf. Cultus.]

1.Attentive care; homage; worship.
"Every one is convinced of the reality of a better self, and of the cult or homage which is due to it." ~ Shaftesbury.

2.A system of religious belief and worship.
"That which was the religion of Moses is the ceremonial or cult of the religion of Christ." ~ Coleridge.

There was no hint of anything but goodness associated with the word at that time. And the common usage of the English language of that day was used in delivering the book to us.

I feel certain, of course, that your query as to The Urantia Book being part of a cult is of the more sinister element. But, I can assure you that it is anything but. First of all, readers of The Urantia Book are not especially organized. There is no universally recognized human charismatic leader (unless you want to call Jesus our leader...); sincere reader/believers of the book come from all walks of life and are actively engaged in life as few others are.

The interesting thing I want to share with you is that the book itself discusses cults, and the need for them. Again, bear in mind that the word "cult" as used in 1934 had no element of evil associated with it. You can read about The Nature of Cultism HERE. I hope you'll find it interesting.

It may be that in generations to come, reader/believers of The Urantia Book may progress to form some kind of benign cult, but we'll probably have to adopt a new word for it, since the word as commonly used is pretty dismal to describe what this new, inclusive brotherhood of believers is all about.

As for the sci-fi connection—you are not alone in the suspicion that The Urantia Book is all about aliens...a lot of people have this mistaken notion. The book does discuss extraterrestrial beings, but again, not in the sense that aliens are popularly seen and thought of in our modern society. There have been extraterrestrial visitors here; Adam and Eve were extraterrestrials; so was Melchizedek, so are angels. The universe is teeming with life, and The Urantia Book tells us their stories. If you just look at the night sky—if you marvel at the amazing images that we see from our space telescopes—if you wonder about life on other planets out there—well, The Urantia Book will help you put it all into a very sane, reasonable context. It won't be scary, but inspiring...

There's no real harm in approaching the book from the sci-fi angle, but if you are looking for scary monsters with grey skin and strange eyes and sinister plans for humanity, you won't find them in The Urantia Book. We learn that the universe is mind-made and mind-managed, and that it is friendly to mortals. We humans are an integral part of the cosmos, and we have nothing to fear from any being in the universe. In fact, a plan of mortal ascension is in place for us; many celestial personalities take part in this plan in order to assist humans. There's nothing woo-woo about it—it is just the way it is, and we can be grateful...celestial personalities act as teachers and companions on our eternal adventure, and many even assist us here on earth although they remain unseen to our human sight.

No matter how one approaches the book, if one is sincere, one will eventually become integrated in their understanding of—not only The Urantia Book—but of their personal place in the creation and the thrilling destiny that is theirs for the asking.

Thanks again for this question, and I hope that my reply has been helpful to you...I have provided you with several underlined links which will help you gain a deeper understanding. I hope you'll take the time to find out more about The Urantia Book. It belongs to you!

Feel free to write again any time!!!

Date published: 2014-06-18 09:53:19.24
Author: Truthbook Staff

Caino

BANNED
Banned
Urantia Cult

/QUOTE]

I couldn't get passed the first sentence! Your UFO Cult is absurd, and
that's being kind.

But we don't have any UFO's, you keep lying about that, and we aren't organized, we have no leader, the book is in a trust, I don't even know who the president of the trust is right now.

Most Ubers read and live the teachings of Jesus independent of any middle man preacher or cult like leader. Where there are study groups people meet in homes, read and discuss.

If we were a cult we aren't a very well organized one and we don't have a cult leader.

Does your particular Christian church have a leader in NZ?

Caino

BANNED
Banned
You're easily amused I see? At least Freelight is a little more articulate.
He must of had more education? :D

Yea, Freelight is very intelligent, but as for you, each day you have the same immature comments as TOL's chief troll? And Freelight is articulate but you disagree with everything he says and then insult him constantly, so that was a stupid point to try to make. You aren't much of a thinker there are you?

freelight

Eclectic Theosophist
Real information is available..............

Real information is available..............

The Urantians (Freelight and Caino) don't want anyone to know the
truth about the Urantia Book! It's a cult like Scientology! It's not
Christian in any way, shape, or form! It's known as a UFO Cult!

The truth about the UB has already been amply shared, the facts, resources, actual text and history are readily available for anyone interested. Each are free to use their own faculties of reason and logic, inspired and led by God's own Spirit. Each have 'response-ability'.

There is NO connection with Scientology to the UB whatsoever, and if anything the UB is more 'christian' since it contains one of the most complete records of Jesus life, teaching and ministry anywhere, upholding the message of Jesus being our Creator-Son, who incarnated (bestowed himself) on this planet to reveal 'God' to us and proclaim the goodnews of the kingdom, the sonship and potential immortality of man.

The goodnews is built on the foundation of the 'Fatherhood of God and Brotherhood of Man', where all men are quickened to realize they are children of God, having One Spirit-father, and then serving God by His Spirit, doing his will, ever progressing forward here and in the mansion-worlds beyond. There's more to it, but one must read the revelation for himself, if interested to find out. If not interested, spend your time and energies elsewhere. No one is forcing anything here.

pj

freelight

Eclectic Theosophist
Schooled again............

Schooled again............

I couldn't get passed the first sentence! Your UFO Cult is absurd, and
that's being kind.

The UB or the Urantia Foundation is NOT a cult.

The UB or the Urantia Foundation (publishers of the book) have NO association with UFOs.

You need to find a new hobby, or better yet....get a life. You aren't interested in 'discussion' at all, which puts you in at odds with the purpose of this forum and its rules. The least you could do is take an apologetic stand doctrinally and scripturally to stimulate dialogue, instead of mere ridicule based on presumption, bias and presumption.

Don't forget your schooling here :poly:

pj

Grosnick Marowbe

Hall of Fame
The UB or the Urantia Foundation is NOT a cult.

The UB or the Urantia Foundation (publishers of the book) have NO association with UFOs.

You need to find a new hobby, or better yet....get a life. You aren't interested in 'discussion' at all, which puts you in at odds with the purpose of this forum and its rules. The least you could do is take an apologetic stand doctrinally and scripturally to stimulate dialogue, instead of mere ridicule based on presumption, bias and presumption.

Don't forget your schooling here :poly:

pj

The Internet describes your "cult" as a "UFO Cult!" One
need only Google; Urantia UFO Cult, to find out the facts.
I suggest that you learn to live with it and stop your weeping,
crying, whining, and baby like behavior? I will continue to
post the facts about your "UFO Cult!" If you don't like it, I
suggest you complain to the "Woodshed?"

Grosnick Marowbe

Hall of Fame
The truth about the UB has already been amply shared, the facts, resources, actual text and history are readily available for anyone interested. Each are free to use their own faculties of reason and logic, inspired and led by God's own Spirit. Each have 'response-ability'.

There is NO connection with Scientology to the UB whatsoever, and if anything the UB is more 'christian' since it contains one of the most complete records of Jesus life, teaching and ministry anywhere, upholding the message of Jesus being our Creator-Son, who incarnated (bestowed himself) on this planet to reveal 'God' to us and proclaim the goodnews of the kingdom, the sonship and potential immortality of man.

The goodnews is built on the foundation of the 'Fatherhood of God and Brotherhood of Man', where all men are quickened to realize they are children of God, having One Spirit-father, and then serving God by His Spirit, doing his will, ever progressing forward here and in the mansion-worlds beyond. There's more to it, but one must read the revelation for himself, if interested to find out. If not interested, spend your time and energies elsewhere. No one is forcing anything here.

pj

You seem to be "consumed" with your 'little green men floating around
in the universe?' Perhaps you ought to to a "Psychiatric
professional" about your obsession?

Grosnick Marowbe

Hall of Fame
When I was 12 years old I was into UFOs however, I grew out
of that stage. Evidently, something stunted your emotional
growth? Seek help? Your babbling is a sign of a serious
mental disturbance!

You need to stay away from old Sci-Fi movies. Seriously, stop
fueling your mind with that kind of stuff! I would hate to see