Francis meets same-sex ‘couple’: hugs ‘gay’ friend, kisses his ‘partner’

annabenedetti

like marbles on glass
"Some very serious news has just been reported about [Pope] Francis. During his recent trip to the United States, [Pope] Francis actually gave a special audience to an active homosexual and his boyfriend during which the [Pope] warmly embraced and hugged him. He also kissed one of them on the cheek twice. This is a total abomination. It's an outrage and a scandal of incalculable proportions."
Oh noes!!

The Pope showed Christian charity! It's a "scandal of incalculable proportions!!"

sky-is-falling.jpg

aCultureWarrior

BANNED
Banned
LIFETIME MEMBER
Oh noes!!

The Pope showed Christian charity! It's a "scandal of incalculable proportions!!"

And here I thought that "Christian charity" involved showing unrepentant sinners the way to eternal life.

But then I'm not a member of the new Catholic Church, so perhaps they do things differently?

annabenedetti

like marbles on glass
One would think that Frank's LGBTQueer handlers would have kept him miles away from a real follower of Christ, but...

Facts About Kim Davis’s Meeting with the Pope
https://www.lc.org/newsroom/details/facts-about-kim-daviss-meeting-with-the-pope-1

I don't think I'll put much credence in the info from Liberty Council after their claim about that fictional 100,000-person prayer rally for Kim Davis.

From Vatican spokesman Fr. Lombardi:
The brief meeting between Mrs. Kim Davis and Pope Francis at the Apostolic Nunciature in Washington, DC has continued to provoke comments and discussion. In order to contribute to an objective understanding of what transpired I am able to clarify the following points:pope Francis met with several dozen persons who had been invited by the Nunciature to greet him as he prepared to leave Washington for New York City. Such brief greetings occur on all papal visits and are due to the Pope’s characteristic kindness and availability. The only real audience granted by the Pope at the Nunciature was with one of his former students and his family. The Pope did not enter into the details of the situation of Mrs. Davis and his meeting with her should not be considered a form of support of her position in all of its particular and complex aspects.

Also:

http://www.nytimes.com/2015/10/03/world/europe/pope-francis-kim-davis-meeting.html?_r=0

aCultureWarrior

BANNED
Banned
LIFETIME MEMBER
Quote:
Originally Posted by aCultureWarrior
One would think that Frank's LGBTQueer handlers would have kept him miles away from a real follower of Christ, but...

Facts About Kim Davis’s Meeting with the Pope
https://www.lc.org/newsroom/details/facts-about-kim-daviss-meeting-with-the-pope-1

I don't think I'll put much credence in the info from Liberty Council after their claim about that fictional 100,000-person prayer rally for Kim Davis.

I'm certain that you thought highly of the Liberty Council before then, but just for the record:

Peruvian Prayer Meeting for Kim Davis Correction
https://www.lc.org/newsroom/details/peruvian-prayer-meeting-for-kim-davis-1

From Vatican spokesman Fr. Lombardi...

So why does your Marxist Pope,
http://www.theguardian.com/world/20...s-defends-criticism-of-capitalism-not-marxist

a supposed man of God, have problems associating with a woman who was persecuted for standing up for God's Word in regards to traditional marriage?

Arsenios

Francis meets same-sex ‘couple’:
hugs ‘gay’ friend,
kisses his ‘partner’

Francis meets same-sex ‘couple’: hugs ‘gay’ friend, kisses his ‘partner’

The problem with being the Pope is that when you finally get to visit the USA, you do not get to look up an old friend from college who is a homosexual living with his partner and greet them warmly as he did without making it an ecclesiastical signal about homosexuality...

He should have seen his friend privately without cameras... Which may not have been possible...

The Papal visit was weak and shows the distance the Papacy has devolved from its primary mission, which is exemplifying a proper relationship with God the Father, Son and Holy Spirit, and is now getting itself involved in social welfare issues, and political issues, and even global warming, which have nothing to do with the Kingdom of Heaven which is not of this world... His job as a pastor is to bless the poor and instruct the rich to provide for them, and not to help political factions decide issues of ecological science and establish vast political welfare dependencies...

He dropped the ball on abortion and gay marriage, and this encounter is fully in line with that agenda...

Arsenios

bybee

The problem with being the Pope is that when you finally get to visit the USA, you do not get to look up an old friend from college who is a homosexual living with his partner and greet them warmly as he did without making it an ecclesiastical signal about homosexuality...

He should have seen his friend privately without cameras... Which may not have been possible...

The Papal visit was weak and shows the distance the Papacy has devolved from its primary mission, which is exemplifying a proper relationship with God the Father, Son and Holy Spirit, and is now getting itself involved in social welfare issues, and political issues, and even global warming, which have nothing to do with the Kingdom of Heaven which is not of this world... His job as a pastor is to bless the poor and instruct the rich to provide for them, and not to help political factions decide issues of ecological science and establish vast political welfare dependencies...

He dropped the ball on abortion and gay marriage, and this encounter is fully in line with that agenda...

Arsenios

Well said! Agreed.

musterion

She may be religious and devout but is not a true follower of Christ if she believes the usual Apostolic false gospel of works (screenshot below of typical Apostolic statement of faith, as listed at this directory).

Davis explained in a statement that when her mother-in-law passed away, she had just one dying wish for Davis — to attend a church service. Upon her passing, Davis obliged.

"Following the death of my godly mother-in-law over four years ago, I went to church to fulfill her dying wish," Davis stated. "There I heard a message of grace and forgiveness and surrendered my life to Jesus Christ."

"I am not perfect," Davis continued. "No one is. But I am forgiven and I love my Lord and must be obedient to Him and to the Word of God."

Davis now attends Solid Rock Apostolic Church in Morehead, Kentucky.

musterion

Her church's website has either been taken down due to homo-harassment or is simply crashed, but it's been offline for some time. The Internet Wayback Machine does turn up this page from about a year ago...

Solid Rock Apostolic Church is an Apostolic/Pentecostal church near Morehead Kentucky. We had our first service in October of 2011 and have experienced great revival and a move of the Holy Ghost! We are a Biblically fundamental body of believers. We believe, as explicitly stated in the scriptures, that there is only one God (Deut 6:4). He is the Father of all creation (Malachi 2:10). He was manifested as the Son for our redemption (Isaiah 9:6, Matt. 1:21-23) and is dwelling in the lives of the believers as the Holy Ghost (Colossians 1:27). We preach the Bible as our roadmap to heaven. The plan of salvation that the apostles preached is the same plan that we preach (hence the name “Apostolic”), which is repentance, water baptism in the name of Jesus Christ for the remission of sins and the gift of the Holy Ghost (Acts 2:38, 8:16, 10:48, 19:5, 22:16, Col. 3:17, Eph. 4:5). Jesus loves people! We love people! We believe that God loves you and that He has a plan for your life. We hope to see you in service with us, soon!
Not sure what they mean by God "manifested AS the Son for our redemption" -- modalism? -- but the false gospel of baptismal salvation is highlighted. They probably also believe any Christian who did not speak in "tongues" at the moment of faith is not really saved.

aCultureWarrior

BANNED
Banned
LIFETIME MEMBER
She may be religious and devout but is not a true follower of Christ if..

Her church's website has either been taken down..

Without a doubt you could find fault in any Christian denomination that doesn't (to the letter) confirm to your idea of Christianity.

Every time I read one of your "My church is better than your church!" posts, I can't help but think of Selwyn Duke's article:

Why many American Christians really are un-Christian

There are many doctrinal differences among the denominations, and good people could debate them ad nauseam and still not settle every one. Yet, if anything is central to Christianity, it's the belief that Truth is spelled with a capital "T," that it is absolute, universal and eternal. And also central is a corollary of this belief: that there is an absolute, universal and eternal answer to every moral question; that right and wrong are not a matter of opinion, that they don't change from time to time and place to place...
http://www.renewamerica.com/columns/duke/100301

Why is it that the "enemy" in your world is always someone who stands up and fights the LGBTQueer agenda? (me, Kim Davis).

Let all of that HATRED go musterion, I guarantee you that it'll eat you alive.