Forgiving Others

BillyBob

BANNED
Banned
From a 'less than scriptural' perspective and more of a personal one, I would find it nearly impossible to not forgive someone who sincerely asked for forgiveness.

Maybe I'm just a softie........

Freak

Originally posted by Knight

I didn't ask if God "loved" EVERYONE did I?
See your own post #114. :doh:

I asked if God FORGIVES EVERYONE (even the unrepentant) unconditionally.

Well does He?

Please answer the question.
Silly question. What does Jesus say that we must do...

And lead us not into temptation,
but deliver us from the evil one. For if you forgive men when they sin against you, your heavenly Father will also forgive you. But if you do not forgive men their sins, your Father will not forgive your sins.

Freak

Freak... Melody... do you agree with PureX?
Knight, I've lost respect for you. That was a stupid question to ask me. I believe the Old and New Testaments are inspired by the Triune God.

Knight, do deny the deity of Christ?

Freak

OK, if that's what you want to do... but for me..... I will stick with Jesus!
Divisive. :down:

but deliver us from the evil one. For if you forgive men when they sin against you, your heavenly Father will also forgive you. But if you do not forgive men their sins, your Father will not forgive your sins.

Homework:

Do you believe we should harbor unforgiveness, bitterness and anger towards those who have hurt us?

Freak

Originally posted by SOTK4ever

Sorry Knight. I don't really care what you have to say on this one. I have learned to forgive so that I don't drink. That works for me, and I will stick with it!
:up: don't let the plot lovers take your eyes off Jesus who said:

Nathon Detroit

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
Freak... do you forgive the devil?

Do you forgive the devil for what he has done?

Do you forgive the devil for what he is still doing?

Do you forgive the "demons" you cast out?

Nathon Detroit

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
Originally posted by BillyBob

From a 'less than scriptural' perspective and more of a personal one, I would find it nearly impossible to not forgive someone who sincerely asked for forgiveness.

Maybe I'm just a softie........
I think most people feel the same way. I know I do.

BillyBob

BANNED
Banned
It's obvious, guys. None of us are perfect, we all make mistakes. Just as we ask forgiveness, so must we be willing to forgive. Anything less would be arrogant and superficial.

Freak

Freak... do you forgive the devil?

Ladies and gentleman, this must be the most idiotic post/question ever written. Jesus told us humans to forgive other humans not fallen angels, Knight. Were you aware of this? Did you learn your Bible from plot materials?

BillyBob

BANNED
Banned
Not granting forgiveness to the repentant is a personal indictment, the sentence being spiritual separation from God and your fellow man.

Nathon Detroit

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER

It's obvious, guys. None of us are perfect, we all make mistakes. Just as we ask forgiveness, so must we be willing to forgive. Anything less would be arrogant and superficial.
That really isn't the issue. The issue is.... should we forgive the unrepentant (ya know... those that aren't asking or do not want forgiveness)?

What say ye?

Should we forgive Al Qaeda?

Freak

Knight, for your benefit:

Therefore I tell you, whatever you ask for in prayer, believe that you have received it, and it will be yours. And when you stand praying, if you hold anything against anyone, forgive him, so that your Father in heaven may forgive you your sins.

This was for us humans to other humans not fallen angels. Get it?

Nathon Detroit

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER

Not granting forgiveness to the repentant is a personal indictment, the sentence being spiritual separation from God and your fellow man.
Again... BB I think you missed the topic just a tad. :D

BillyBob

BANNED
Banned

Again... BB I thihnk you missed the topic just a tad. :D

Probably, I came in kinda late on this discussion and haven't read most of the responses....

Never mind. :D

Freak

That really isn't the issue. The issue is.... should we forgive the unrepentant (ya know... those that aren't asking or do not want forgiveness)?

What say ye?

We should punish them. But we should model Christ' example:

Therefore I tell you, whatever you ask for in prayer, believe that you have received it, and it will be yours. And when you stand praying, if you hold anything against anyone, forgive him, so that your Father in heaven may forgive you your sins.

Nathon Detroit

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
Originally posted by Freak

Knight, for your benefit:

This was for us humans to other humans not fallen angels. Get it?
OK so your answer is "no". Good! :up:

Now maybe you can respond to....

“Take heed to yourselves. If your brother sins against you, rebuke him; and if he repents, forgive him. - Luke 17:3

Nathon Detroit

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER

Probably, I came in kinda late on this discussion and haven't read most of the responses....

Never mind. :D
That's OK!

So.... should we forgive the unrepentant?

BillyBob

BANNED
Banned

Sorry.

What say ye?

No, of course not. I cannot forgive them, they are actively killing my fellow countrymen and would just as easily kill me if they had the opportunity.