ECT Forgiving and Forgiveness

Grosnick Marowbe

Hall of Fame
Us?

How do you fit 'us' into the context of these verses?

Joh 1:31 And I knew him not: but that he should be made manifest to Israel, therefore am I come baptizing with water.

Mat 2:6 And thou Bethlehem, in the land of Juda, art not the least among the princes of Juda: for out of thee shall come a Governor, that shall rule my people Israel.

Mat 10:5 These twelve Jesus sent forth, and commanded them, saying, Go not into the way of the Gentiles, and into any city of the Samaritans enter ye not:
Mat 10:6 But go rather to the lost sheep of the house of Israel.

Mat 15:24 But he answered and said, I am not sent but unto the lost sheep of the house of Israel.

Mat 4:23 And Jesus went about all Galilee, teaching in their synagogues, and preaching the gospel of the kingdom, and healing all manner of sickness and all manner of disease among the people.

Mat 4:25 And there followed him great multitudes of people from Galilee, and from Decapolis, and from Jerusalem, and from Judaea, and from beyond Jordan.

Mat 6:7 But when ye pray, use not vain repetitions, as the heathen[Gentiles] do: for they think that they shall be heard for their much speaking.
Mat 6:8 Be not ye therefore like unto them: for your Father knoweth what things ye have need of, before ye ask him.
Mat 6:9 After this manner therefore pray ye: Our Father which art in heaven, Hallowed be thy name.
Mat 6:10 Thy kingdom come. Thy will be done in earth, as it is in heaven.

The Kingdom in the context of Mt 6 is the OT prophetically promised Messianic Kingdom of David over the twelve tribes:

Luk 1:32 He shall be great, and shall be called the Son of the Highest: and the Lord God shall give unto him the throne of his father David:
Luk 1:33 And he shall reign over the house of Jacob for ever; and of his kingdom there shall be no end.

Mat 6:11 Give us[Israel] this day our daily bread[as GOD gave them manna in the wilderness].
Mat 6:12 And forgive us our[Israel] debts, as we forgive our debtors.
Mat 6:13 And lead us[Israel] not into temptation, but deliver us from evil: For thine is the kingdom, and the power, and the glory, for ever. Amen.
Mat 6:14 For if ye forgive men their trespasses, your heavenly Father will also forgive you:
Mat 6:15 But if ye forgive not men their trespasses, neither will your Father[Israel's GOD] forgive your trespasses.

Context, context, context!

AMEN!

chrysostom

Hall of Fame
For one thing, Jesus was speaking to the lost sheep of the
House of Israel. Another thing was, Jesus was giving that
particular prayer as an "Example" of a structured prayer
that could be given. Your problem is, your church doesn't
know how to "Rightly Divide" God's Holy Written Word.

If you "honestly" desire to know what the Bible has to say
to us today, read and study Paul's writings. (Romans through
Philemon)

our bible doesn't have 'rightly divide'
and
we wonder where it came from

can you explain why Jesus would give this prayer just to the jews?

it doesn't make sense

Danoh

Us?

How do you fit 'us' into the context of these verses?

Joh 1:31 And I knew him not: but that he should be made manifest to Israel, therefore am I come baptizing with water.

Mat 2:6 And thou Bethlehem, in the land of Juda, art not the least among the princes of Juda: for out of thee shall come a Governor, that shall rule my people Israel.

Mat 10:5 These twelve Jesus sent forth, and commanded them, saying, Go not into the way of the Gentiles, and into any city of the Samaritans enter ye not:
Mat 10:6 But go rather to the lost sheep of the house of Israel.

Mat 15:24 But he answered and said, I am not sent but unto the lost sheep of the house of Israel.

Mat 4:23 And Jesus went about all Galilee, teaching in their synagogues, and preaching the gospel of the kingdom, and healing all manner of sickness and all manner of disease among the people.

Mat 4:25 And there followed him great multitudes of people from Galilee, and from Decapolis, and from Jerusalem, and from Judaea, and from beyond Jordan.

Mat 6:7 But when ye pray, use not vain repetitions, as the heathen[Gentiles] do: for they think that they shall be heard for their much speaking.
Mat 6:8 Be not ye therefore like unto them: for your Father knoweth what things ye have need of, before ye ask him.
Mat 6:9 After this manner therefore pray ye: Our Father which art in heaven, Hallowed be thy name.
Mat 6:10 Thy kingdom come. Thy will be done in earth, as it is in heaven.

The Kingdom in the context of Mt 6 is the OT prophetically promised Messianic Kingdom of David over the twelve tribes:

Luk 1:32 He shall be great, and shall be called the Son of the Highest: and the Lord God shall give unto him the throne of his father David:
Luk 1:33 And he shall reign over the house of Jacob for ever; and of his kingdom there shall be no end.

Mat 6:11 Give us[Israel] this day our daily bread[as GOD gave them manna in the wilderness].
Mat 6:12 And forgive us our[Israel] debts, as we forgive our debtors.
Mat 6:13 And lead us[Israel] not into temptation, but deliver us from evil: For thine is the kingdom, and the power, and the glory, for ever. Amen.
Mat 6:14 For if ye forgive men their trespasses, your heavenly Father will also forgive you:
Mat 6:15 But if ye forgive not men their trespasses, neither will your Father[Israel's GOD] forgive your trespasses.

Context, context, context!

Hey; not fair - you cheated - you applied 2 Timothy 2:15's "rightly dividing the word of truth."

Not fair - the traditions of men is what we're to follow. The traditions of men tell us so.

How else are we going to end up in hell - what is wrong with you - how dare you emphasis the need for "rightly dividing the Word of truth!"

What do you think this is - uh, uh - uh "Christian" forum!

You have some nerve!

In short, dead right; spot on; great post, Steko!

Grosnick Marowbe

Hall of Fame
and

it doesn't make sense

2 Timothy 2:15 states: "Study to shew thyself approved unto God,
a workman that needeth not to be ashamed, rightly dividing the
word of truth."

God's Truth

and

it doesn't make sense

Say a prayer a thousand times and it will do you no good.

Say a prayer and have faith and obedience to what it says and you will be given life. and Spirit.

God's Truth

Hey; not fair - you cheated - you applied 2 Timothy 2:15's "rightly dividing the word of truth."

Not fair - the traditions of men is what we're to follow. The traditions of men tell us so.

How else are we going to end up in hell - what is wrong with you - how dare you emphasis the need for "rightly dividing the Word of truth!"

What do you think this is - uh, uh - uh "Christian" forum!

You have some nerve!

In short, dead right; spot on; great post, Steko!

You cannot rightly divide the word of truth if you do not know what that word of truth is, and you do not know unless you obey the word of truth.

We obey by repenting then get knowledge.

2 Timothy 2:25 correcting opponents with gentleness. Perhaps God will grant them repentance and then knowledge of the truth.

If we obey Jesus---THEN WE WILL KNOW THE TRUTH.

John 8:31 To the Jews who had believed him, Jesus said, "If you hold to my teaching, you are really my disciples. 32 Then you will know the truth, and the truth will set you free."

Jesus reveals himself to those who obey him.

John 14:21 The person who has my commandments and obeys them is the one who loves me. The one who loves me will be loved by my Father, and I will love him and will reveal myself to him."

Danoh

the purpose of this forum is to discuss each others beliefs

asking questions is an important part of that

You ask questions in the exact same way a friend of mine who was long ago blinded by the traditions of men, asks questions - to see whether others meet his erroneous standard of truth.

That is exactly what you in your OP's question in that thread about the "Our Father" prayer. You even revealed that was your intent; you are that blind to the agenda the blindness of your tradition has resulted in, in you - that your questions are nothing more but more of your endless attempt to glory in other's flesh.

If this does not make sense to you; and it shouldn't; given the error that is your following the RCC, then read Galatians some dozen times through, and then do the unheard of that your every post attests to - believe the words of that Epistle, over the words of your blinding tradition.

Of, course, now I have also offended what's her name by my being strong with you against your error for your sake, given her equal ignorance in the truth of these issues.

"This witness is true. Wherefore rebuke them sharply, that they may be sound in the faith; Not giving heed to Jewish fables, and commandments of men, that turn from the truth" Titus 1: 13, 14.

chrysostom

Hall of Fame
2 Timothy 2:15 states: "Study to shew thyself approved unto God,
a workman that needeth not to be ashamed, rightly dividing the
word of truth."

2 Timothy 2:15 New International Version (NIV)

15 Do your best to present yourself to God as one approved, a worker who does not need to be ashamed and who correctly handles the word of truth.

this is not a catholic translation
but
I can assure you
you won't find
rightly dividing
in any catholic bible

heir

TOL Subscriber

15 Do your best to present yourself to God as one approved, a worker who does not need to be ashamed and who correctly handles the word of truth.

but
I can assure you
you won't find
rightly dividing
in any catholic bible
2 Timothy 2:15 Study to shew thyself approved unto God, a workman that needeth not to be ashamed, rightly dividing the word of truth.

What is the word of truth that is to be rightly divided?

Grosnick Marowbe

Hall of Fame
Say a prayer a thousand times and it will do you no good.

Say a prayer and have faith and obedience to what it says and you will be given life. and Spirit.

Placing one's faith in Christ as their Savior is what we do as a human being.
The Holy Spirit indwells, seals, and baptizes us into the Body of Christ after
we place all our faith in Christ. No one can earn their eternal life by their
works.

God's Truth

Placing one's faith in Christ as their Savior is what we do as a human being.
The Holy Spirit indwells, seals, and baptizes us into the Body of Christ after
we place all our faith in Christ. No one can earn their eternal life by their
works.

God does not save someone just because they said they believe. God looks in the heart.

God saves someone with the mind of Christ. The mind of Christ is an obedient mind.

Grosnick Marowbe

Hall of Fame

but
I can assure you
you won't find
rightly dividing
in any catholic bible

It's best you use, The New King James Bible or The Old King
James Bible. My favorite is, The New King James Bible.