ECT Forgiving and Forgiveness

Psalmist

Blessed is the man that......
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
You have singled many people out and yet you forgive others for doing it to you too. What a mockery of the scriptures and a show of hypocrisy.

What mockery. Here something that might useful in the face mockery and hypocrisy.

Matthew 5:21-24
21 "You have heard that it was said to those of old, 'You shall not murder, and whoever murders will be in danger of the judgment.' 22 But I say to you that whoever is angry with his brother without a cause shall be in danger of the judgment. And whoever says to his brother, 'Raca!' shall be in danger of the council. But whoever says, 'You fool!' shall be in danger of hell fire. 23 Therefore if you bring your gift to the altar, and there remember that your brother has something against you, 24 leave your gift there before the altar, and go your way. First be reconciled to your brother, and then come and offer your gift."

Matthew 18:21-33, 34-35​

Last edited:

chrysostom

Hall of Fame
What mockery. Here something that might useful in face mockery and hypocrisy.

21 "You have heard that it was said to those of old, 'You shall not murder, and whoever murders will be in danger of the judgment.' 22 But I say to you that whoever is angry with his brother without a cause shall be in danger of the judgment. And whoever says to his brother, 'Raca!' shall be in danger of the council. But whoever says, 'You fool!' shall be in danger of hell fire. 23 Therefore if you bring your gift to the altar, and there remember that your brother has something against you, 24 leave your gift there before the altar, and go your way. First be reconciled to your brother, and then come and offer your gift."

amen
so
why haven't you weighed in on the predestination thread?
in my mind it is more critical than this one

Psalmist

LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
amen
so
why haven't you weighed in on the predestination thread?
in my mind it is more critical than this one
Didn't there was a Predestination thread (Calvinism?) to weigh in on, maybe that is for a select few.

I'll check out the Predestination thread.

I will input this here as to who is saved and who isn't...

It is whosoever calls on the name of the Lord will be saved.

John 14:6 ... Romans 10:8-10, 13.

Now back to Forgiving and Forgiveness.

Psalmist

LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
He denounced me in public. I have to make it in public.

I have to defend my credibility because I claim God and Jesus in public.
If you didn't defend what you believe that wouldn't be right. It's like being called in to accounting.

You should be able to give chapter and verse for what you believe; for those who say I think it says, or somewhere in the Bible it says, that is being a very poor student of God's word.

Those who stand for nothing will fall for anything.

So stand and be counted, know those Scriptures, be ready to give a defense of the hope that is in you.

God's Truth

What mockery. Here something that might useful in face mockery and hypocrisy.

What mockery you ask. It is a mockery of the scriptures when people say they forgive others for doing what they are still doing.

Forgiving is a serious matter and so is hypocrisy.

God's Truth

If you didn't defend what you believe that wouldn't be right. It's like being called in to accounting.

You should be able to give chapter and verse for what you believe; for those who say I think it says, or somewhere in the Bible it says, that is being a very poor student of God's word.

Paul has said that before, and he was not a poor student.

IMJerusha

Why do you keep defending the evilness of Meshak?

That demeans what you say about the scriptures, for Meshak puts down what Paul says.

Since when are the facts found in Scripture evil? And since when may I not stand on the Truth found in Scripture no matter whose mouth it issues from?

God's Truth

Since when are the facts found in Scripture evil? And since when may I not stand on the Truth found in Scripture no matter whose mouth it issues from?

You saying I said the facts of the Scriptures are evil, is evil.

I see you do not like to be told anything. You stand up for Meshak and you cause confusion, because Meshak goes against the scriptures.

You are judging and rebuking people according to another member, and you are not doing a very good job at it.

Now stop attacking me and lying about me by saying the facts found in the scriptures are evil.

IMJerusha

The believes Him part is about believing that the Father sent Christ - and the believe in Him part is believing in Christ for salvation.

We cant walk as He walked, we will never ever be able to be without sin, if we could be, we would have never needed Him.

Do you think any of the works you do, are worthy of anything, the only works worthy of Him are those performed by Him in you.

Ephesians 2:10 For we are His workmanship, created in Christ Jesus for good works, which God prepared beforehand so that we would walk in them.

You - Do - Nothing.

"For we are God's workmanship, created in Christ Jesus to do good works, which God prepared in advance for us to do." Ephesians 2:10

"Whoever claims to live in him must live as Jesus did." 1 John 2:6 We can't walk as He walked? "Whoever wants to be my disciple must deny themselves and take up their cross and follow me." Matthtew 16:24 We can't walk as He walked? "Those who belong to Christ Jesus have crucified the sinful nature with its passions and desires." Galatians 5:24 We can't walk as He walked?
"Do not be deceived: God cannot be mocked. A man reaps what he sows. The one who sows to please his sinful nature, from that nature will reap destruction; the one who sows to please the Spirit, from the Spirit will reap eternal life. Let us not become weary in doing good, for at the proper time we will reap a harvest if we do not give up." Galatians 6:7-9
I guess you've given up.

Last edited:

IMJerusha

You saying I said the facts of the Scriptures are evil, is evil.

I see you do not like to be told anything. You stand up for Meshak and you cause confusion, because Meshak goes against the scriptures.

You are judging and rebuking people according to another member, and you are not doing a very good job at it.

Now stop attacking me and lying about me by saying the facts found in the scriptures are evil.

What you see is me standing on the Truth of the Scriptures. I've witnessed the Truth coming out of you from time to time also and I've supported you when you've stood on it. I'm not responsible for who you like and don't like here and I'll back anyone who stands on God's Truth when they're standing on it. You'll just have to get over it.

God's Truth

What you see is me standing on the Truth of the Scriptures. I've witnessed the Truth coming out of you from time to time also and I've supported you when you've stood on it. I'm not responsible for who you like and don't like here and I'll back anyone who stands on God's Truth when they're standing on it. You'll just have to get over it.

You are the one who has to get over it.

I do not see where Meshak stands on the truth.

Now stop lying about me.

Psalmist

LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
Paul has said that before, and he was not a poor student.
Didn't say he was a poor student.

However, there is no point or need for anyone reading the Bible to be a poor student of the word, poor in the sense that they say cannot memorize Scripture, or understand what they are reading, or cannot seem grasp the truth and come away from Bible study with, "Say what?"

meshak

BANNED
Banned

Those who stand for nothing will fall for anything.

So stand and be counted, know those Scriptures, be ready to give a defense of the hope that is in you.

Why do you single out Jesus' servant for speaking her conviction, and you denouncing it as being judgmental and it is ok with you?

Christianity is not popularity nor majority based faith.

It is clear that I am the most judgmental just because I don't agree with the majority nor any organizations.

I forgive your for you unfair and biased judgments.

IMJerusha

You are the one who has to get over it.

I do not see where Meshak stands on the truth.

Now stop lying about me.

I'm not lying about you. I can't help that you don't understand that it's not necessary for Meshak to uphold Paul to make the same statement as Paul and my agreeing with that statement doesn't mean I'm necessarily defending Meshak any more than my disagreeing with you on some things means I'm attacking you. You get bent out of shape for nothing.

God's Truth

I'm not lying about you. I can't help that you don't understand that it's not necessary for Meshak to uphold Paul to make the same statement as Paul and my agreeing with that statement doesn't mean I'm necessarily defending Meshak any more than my disagreeing with you on some things means I'm attacking you. You get bent out of shape for nothing.

IMJerusha

Are the words of Paul's that I quoted from his letter to the Philippians fact or not? Yes, they are. Meshak's belief agrees with Paul's statement regardless of whether she upholds Paul or not and there is nothing wrong with me pointing that out. It doesn't mean that I am defending evil.