ECT Forgetful Paul

Tambora

Get your armor ready!
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
But it is a unified message and it is the faith once for all delivered, Heb 9, Eph 4, Jude. And there is one Gospel. There was not another Gospel being preached by pre-Conf/Trans disciples, just their reaction to him when it sunk further in than they wanted.

Ummm.
There were things that were totally opposite.

Tell no one He was the Christ ---- totally opposite of what we do.
Go not unto the Gentiles ---- totally opposite of what we do.

And that's just scratching the surface of the differences.

Danoh

All you have proven is you do NOT understand the big picture that God planned before the universe was created nothing more.

While in the beginning Jesus did come to the lost sheep of Israel the gentiles were always part of God's plan. When Israel rejected their Messiah the rest of the plan which included gentiles was begun. MAD has missed and are confused about the the progression of events in scripture, that was going to happen, and context of scripture.

I have dealt with the gospels I believe and accept them all. UN-like MADist that only focus on Paul's letters to their own confusion.

It remains obvious you continue to prove your inability to discern the difference between what the MADist is asserting and what you only think you have understood.

Thus, it is no surprise you also do that with the Scripture - you read INTO the Scripture as much as you obviously do.

dodge

It remains obvious you continue to prove your inability to discern the difference between what the MADist is asserting and what you only think you have understood.

Thus, it is no surprise you also do that with the Scripture - you read INTO the Scripture as much as you obviously do.

Paul taught and preached repentance yet MADIST say that repentance was only for Israel so from everything I have seen MADist believe it looks like the MADist are confused, but then again it has always been a tactic of the confused to blame those who do not bite that apple to accuse those of being confused.

Act 26:20
But shewed first unto them of Damascus, and at Jerusalem, and throughout all the coasts of Judaea, and then to the Gentiles, that they should repent and turn to God, and do works meet for repentance.

Interplanner

Paul taught and preached repentance yet MADIST say that repentance was only for Israel so from everything I have seen MADist believe it looks like the MADist are confused, but then again it has always been a tactic of the confused to blame those who do not bite that apple to accuse those of being confused.

Act 26:20
But shewed first unto them of Damascus, and at Jerusalem, and throughout all the coasts of Judaea, and then to the Gentiles, that they should repent and turn to God, and do works meet for repentance.

Yes, they often get embroiled in tight-minded, tight-held beliefs about 'formula' verses that are kept compartmentalized from others.

SaulToPaul 2

Why did Paul even bother to say this?

Rom 15:8 Now I say that Jesus Christ was a minister of the circumcision for the truth of God, to confirm the promises made unto the fathers:
Rom 15:15 Nevertheless, brethren, I have written the more boldly unto you in some sort, as putting you in mind, because of the grace that is given to me of God,
Rom 15:16 That I should be the minister of Jesus Christ to the Gentiles, ministering the gospel of God, that the offering up of the Gentiles might be acceptable, being sanctified by the Holy Ghost.
Rom 15:17 I have therefore whereof I may glory through Jesus Christ in those things which pertain to God.
Rom 15:18 For I will not dare to speak of any of those things which Christ hath not wrought by me, to make the Gentiles obedient, by word and deed,

Yeah, Paul said some wacky stuff. Maybe he was a narcissist?

Danoh

Why did Paul even bother to say this?

Rom 15:8 Now I say that Jesus Christ was a minister of the circumcision for the truth of God, to confirm the promises made unto the fathers:
Rom 15:15 Nevertheless, brethren, I have written the more boldly unto you in some sort, as putting you in mind, because of the grace that is given to me of God,
Rom 15:16 That I should be the minister of Jesus Christ to the Gentiles, ministering the gospel of God, that the offering up of the Gentiles might be acceptable, being sanctified by the Holy Ghost.
Rom 15:17 I have therefore whereof I may glory through Jesus Christ in those things which pertain to God.
Rom 15:18 For I will not dare to speak of any of those things which Christ hath not wrought by me, to make the Gentiles obedient, by word and deed,

Yeah, Paul said some wacky stuff...

He sure did - that right there in Romans 15 is also the dispensation of the grace of God of Ephesians 2 and 3.

Right Divider

Body part
But it is a unified message and it is the faith once for all delivered, Heb 9, Eph 4, Jude. And there is one Gospel. There was not another Gospel being preached by pre-Conf/Trans disciples, just their reaction to him when it sunk further in than they wanted.
Rom 1:16-17 (AKJV/PCE)
(1:16) For I am not ashamed of the gospel of Christ: for it is the power of God unto salvation to every one that believeth; to the Jew first, and also to the Greek. (1:17) For therein is the righteousness of God revealed from faith to faith: as it is written, The just shall live by faith.

There are TWO faiths in that verse.

Get out of the commentaries and get INTO the Word of God.

dodge

I didn't realize. Thanks

You're welcome.

Care to answer my question ? You implied that I am a liar. Did you or did you not tell me that we don't follow Jesus because He was sent to and for Israel ?

STP, it is OK I understand your non-committal attitude and position while avoiding every verse that proves MAD is wrong is just what you do, but calling me a liar and then denying what you said is Christian ? I don't think so.

I actually feel sorry for those trapped in the lies and misdirection of MAD.

God is not the author of confusion but MAD sure is.

SaulToPaul 2

You're welcome.

Care to answer my question ? You implied that I am a liar. Did you or did you not tell me that we don't follow Jesus because He was sent to and for Israel ?

STP, it is OK I understand your non-committal attitude and position while avoiding every verse that proves MAD is wrong is just what you do, but calling me a liar and then denying what you said is Christian ? I don't think so.

I actually feel sorry for those trapped in the lies and misdirection of MAD.

God is not the author of confusion but MAD sure is.

Oh.