ECT Forgetful Paul

dodge

You can read about The Revelation of Jesus Christ in the 66th book of the Bible.

You mean when Jesus comes back as Judge and King of Kings and Lord of Lords ? Why did you not just say that instead of the subtle lie of removing Peter as an Apostle who preached the gospel of grace ? I knew where you was trying to lead but I am not following you into your error.

john w

Hall of Fame
You really believe Jesus:

1. Was prophesied about by the prophets in the OT.

2. walked the earth for 3 years.

3. Picked 12 Apostles.

4. Preached and taught for 3 years.

5. Was seen after HE was in the tomb for 3 days by over 500 people.

6. Made Himself known to Paul.

7. Has been followed and trusted for over 2000 years.

8. Not counting all the people that have been saved in and through Jesus and Jesus has not been revealed yet ?

Now if you had said Jesus has not been "revealed" as King of Kings and Lord of Lords in His full glory you would have made a true statement, but all you have is confusion coupled with partial understanding of scripture supported with more confusion, evasion, and more mysteries.

MAD is living proof that the obvious is ignored to believe what ever " supposed mystery" they can invent and promote.

Translation: Humanism,i.e., what I cannot understand, I will not believe. Atheists employ this to diss the concept of hell-"You really believe God would send people to hell? I cannot understand how a loving God, would send people to hell. Thus, I cannot believe that there is a hell. Thus, there is no hell. QED."

dodgball:You really believe...1...........................8.? What I cannot understand, I will not believe. Thus, MAD is wrong. QED..... Return to "This is what I've been taught for years, so it must be correct" echo chamber..............

Cricket....cricket.....cricket....

SaulToPaul 2

You mean when Jesus comes back as Judge and King of Kings and Lord of Lords ? Why did you not just say that instead of the subtle lie of removing Peter as an Apostle who preached the gospel of grace ? I knew where you was trying to lead but I am not following you into your error.

Huh?

The Revelation of Jesus Christ is his second coming.

1 Peter 1, this is when they receive the grace.

john w

Hall of Fame
I think we all need to drink a Huckleberry Smash and sing a few verses of Santa Lucia.

You kidder. I prefer a few verses of, you guessed it, old #222, by Rafe Hollister.....All together now....Snap your fingers.....Acapella, Acapella, Acapella.....

john w

Hall of Fame
Welcome sweet spring time, we greet thee in song.....

Well, Mayor, I got it. Brace yourself, rabble rouser, but, according to Mr. Morris Albert, my singing coach, I'm a big bundle of singing talent. And, speaking of Morris Albert, how about all of TOL get their "Holy Land" anointed hankies out, their Kleenex's(sic?), and join in singing, old # "Woa, woa, woa....?" Altogether now...

SaulToPaul 2

Well, Mayor, I got it. Brace yourself, rabble rouser, but, according to Mr. Morris Albert, my singing coach, I'm a big bundle of singing talent. And, speaking of Morris Albert, how about all of TOL get their "Holy Land" anointed hankies out, their Kleenex's(sic?), and join in singing, old # "Woa, woa, woa....?" Altogether now...

Yep, this one really gets to me, saint john.

oatmeal

Cannot be, because there is no CLUB, foolish one.

Ephesians 4:14

That we henceforth be no more children, tossed to and fro, and carried about with every wind of doctrine, by the sleight of men, and cunning craftiness, whereby they lie in wait to deceive;

Philippians 3:1-2,18-19;1:15-16

Colossians 1:28;2:15-16,18-23

Do you need more?

oatmeal

The doctrines of it are embedded in the OT though, and Peter's sermon in Acts 2 is the same unified ground as Paul in Acts 13. Remember, the mystery is not the arrival now (Paul's now), but that the things promised to Israel, all the things to be shared with all nations (Gen 12, 15), take place in the Gospel. 'In the Gospel' is where Eph 3:6 puts its weight.

It was known all through the OT that God had a mission to all nations, and that a failure could find grace in God (David, Ps 32).

Are you referring the great mystery of Ephesians 3:5-6? or some other truths?

You must be referring to some other truths.

God kept the mystery secret so that no one could mess with it. Regarding this mystery have you read Colossians 1:26, Ephesians 3:9, Romans 16:25-26...?

heir

TOL Subscriber
He sure did - that right there in Romans 15 is also the dispensation of the grace of God of Ephesians 2 and 3.
No, it's dispensation of the gospel (1 Corinthians 9:17 KJV) to the Jew first and also to the Greek (Romans 1:16 KJV). At that point, Paul was not the prisoner of Jesus Christ "for you Gentiles" (Ephesians 2:11-12 KJV) given the dispensation of the grace of God (Ephesians 3:1-12 KJV).

Right Divider

Body part
No, it's dispensation of the gospel (1 Corinthians 9:17 KJV) to the Jew first and also to the Greek (Romans 1:16 KJV). At that point, Paul was not the prisoner of Jesus Christ "for you Gentiles" (Ephesians 2:11-12 KJV) given the dispensation of the grace of God (Ephesians 3:1-12 KJV).
I've never figured out how these anti-dispensationalists can think that "to the Jew first, and also to the Greek" can be identical to "neither Jew NOR Greek".

intojoy

BANNED
Banned
I've never figured out how these anti-dispensationalists can think that "to the Jew first, and also to the Greek" can be identical to "neither Jew NOR Greek".

Paul is not saying that racial identification ceases in Christ anymore than he is saying gender identity ceases in Christ.
You guys really need to grow up. Take your baseball caps off your head in church and place it upon your wives heads. Duh

Sent from my iPhone using TOL

Interplanner

Pretty simple RD. It has to do with getting as many jewish people to be missionaries first because they had a 'head start' on some underlying doctrine. So the mission went to them first (I was sent only to the lost sheep...) with the ultimate goal of declaring that there is one Gospel for all without distinction.

Interplanner

Paul was still doing that in Rom 11. Rom 11 is not a proof text of a future for DNA or civic Israel. It was about getting the Jews to be the missionaries of the middle of ch 10.

SaulToPaul 2

Pretty simple RD. It has to do with getting as many jewish people to be missionaries first because they had a 'head start' on some underlying doctrine. So the mission went to them first (I was sent only to the lost sheep...) with the ultimate goal of declaring that there is one Gospel for all without distinction.

:chuckle: