Forced Vaccination is Wrong

CabinetMaker

Member of the 10 year club on TOL!!
Hall of Fame
No, the parent intentionally infected their child with a vaccine-strain of measles and should have known it could mutate and become virulent. Regarding the non-vaccinated parent's obligations, you have not proven a duty to vaccinate.
The parent who vaccinated act in good faith. You have never provided any information regarding the mutation rate of attenuated vaccinations into virulent strains so your argument sounds more of fear mongering than of factual research.

elohiym

Your misguided, reckless, and inane beliefs do not give you the right to endanger the public.

She's opposed to forced vaccinations.

Are you in favor of forced vaccinations? Yes? No?

The thread is about forced vaccination.

CabinetMaker

Hall of Fame
Forced vaccinations. Pay attention!

If you want to know what is immoral about vaccinations in God's law, read the Torah.
That is not what she said, she said vaccinations and only later qualified it to include the word forced.

I am waiting for you to tell us what is immoral about vaccinations. Your contention, you support it. I see nothing immoral about vaccinations. Or blood transfusions.

CabinetMaker

Hall of Fame
But if they endanger society through vaccination it's just dandy. It's okay if they infect unvaccinated people with their little virus.

I guess these guys should be thrown in prison for terrorism the next time they knowingly go to work, shopping or whatever with a sniffle, knowing what vulnerable people are in their communities who might catch it and get sick and die.
This is just fear mongering. You have no peer reviewed paper to support your contention that vaccinations endanger society.

elohiym

The parent who vaccinated act in good faith.

What is the standard of good faith? I believe the parent who studied the risks and benefits and decided to not vaccinate acted in good faith.

You have never provided any information regarding the mutation rate of attenuated vaccinations into virulent strains so your argument sounds more of fear mongering than of factual research.

I provided the scientific consensus that live attenuated viruses can mutate, do cause infection and do cause severe side effects.

The "fear-mongering" is being done by those who want to force vaccinations and sue parents who choose not to vaccinate.

1PeaceMaker

Nothing immoral about it from a strictly Biblical point of view. IF you disagree, by all means, show us where the Bible indicates it is immoral.

For if I know to do good and do it not, it is sin. You know that.

And forcing a parent to commit an unloving act towards their child (that they believe is literally life threateningly dangerous) to avoid penalties from you or the state is akin to demanding they give their child to Molech or else.

You are restating the question in an attempt to avoid answering it. Please respond to what you actually said by explaining precisely what is immoral about vaccinations.

It's not restating it.

If the parent feels harm will come to the child it's a violation of their conscience and religion to force them. You demand they commit the equivalent of murder and trample the golden rule at that point.

1PeaceMaker

That is not what she said, she said vaccinations and only later qualified it to include the word forced.

I spoke of forcing parents. It's immoral if it's against their conscience.

I am waiting for you to tell us what is immoral about vaccinations. Your contention, you support it. I see nothing immoral about vaccinations. Or blood transfusions.

Did you read the thread title, the OP, anything?

Do you believe it's right to force blood donations?

CabinetMaker

Hall of Fame
What is the standard of good faith? I believe the parent who studied the risks and benefits and decided to not vaccinate acted in good faith.
There is no compelling science to indicate that measles vaccines routinely mutate. The parent is acting in good faith because they have no compelling reason to believe that the vaccine will spontaneously mutate into something else. They are acting based on the best medical science currently has to offer.

I provided the scientific consensus that live attenuated viruses can mutate, do cause infection and do cause severe side effects.
There is a phenomenon in quantumn mechanics known as tunneling. It says that matter can tunnel through other matter. There is even a diode that operated using this. There is a probability that if you were to park you car in the garage it would tunnel through the garage wall and end up in the back yard. There is that chance. The probability of that actually happening is like once in every ten thousad life spans of the universe. What is the probability that any given vaccination has mutated into a virulent strain? Simple enough question.

The "fear-mongering" is being done by those who want to force vaccinations and sue parents who choose not to vaccinate.
There is fear enough to go around, that is true. I don't support forced vaccination. Nor do I have a problem excluding your child from certain activities if they are not vaccinated.

1PeaceMaker

This is just fear mongering. You have no peer reviewed paper to support your contention that vaccinations endanger society.

Do you ever purposefully go to town and expose others while contagious?

Do you believe those that do are assaulting or terrorizing the public? Are they a threat to public health?

Should children with a cold or flu of any type at any stage, go to school at all?

elohiym

Law and Order did an episode about exactly this. The DA charged a family with assault because they didn't vaccinate their child and it directly caused the death of a second child. Interesting episode.

You even tell us how they are brainwashing you.

elohiym

I don't agree with mandatory vaccination. However, I also don't believe that if you don't vaccinate your child, you should be immune (see what I did there) from the consequences of your decision.

For example, if you choose not to vaccinate your child, then your child cannot attend public school. You must go find a private school that will accept unvaccinated kids.

Meanwhile, the non-vaccinated children with medical exemptions and a percentage of vaccine failures are left to infect the school; but don't let that stop you from dreaming.

elohiym

There is no compelling science to indicate that measles vaccines routinely mutate.

You think it matters whether it routinely mutates or mutates occasionally?

The parent is acting in good faith because they have no compelling reason to believe that the vaccine will spontaneously mutate into something else.

If a doctor told them it is possible, and it is, they would have a compelling reason to believe it's possible. If they had studied the question prior to consenting to the infection with a vaccine-strain virus, they would have found some compelling reasons.

They are acting based on the best medical science currently has to offer.

That's a pointless cliché.

What is the probability that any given vaccination has mutated into a virulent strain? Simple enough question.

Too bad you don't have an answer and are too lazy to research and find out. While you get to work on answering that, consider that some of us know people who developed clinical measles from the vaccination and then spread it to other people.

I don't support forced vaccination.

Make up your minds. You don't support it generally, but you do support it for certain diseases.

Nor do I have a problem excluding your child from certain activities if they are not vaccinated.

In other words, you have no problem persecuting my children for no good reason.

Will you forbid them from using public transportation, too? Yes? No? Why? Why not?

1PeaceMaker

If you want to stay healthy you stay home.

Yes! Otherwise, we will have to put all people with sniffles under house arrest. There will never be a vaccine for all contagions.

It's not a crime to have a virus, even if that same virus can jump from you and kill someone. You didn't invite it, and it didn't ask permission to jump from you.

But I like to stay away from others when I'm sick. Yet I note the hypocrisy of the vax forcers.

Sitamun

Yes! Otherwise, we will have to put all people with sniffles under house arrest. There will never be a vaccine for all contagions.

It's not a crime to have a virus, even if that same virus can jump from you and kill someone. You didn't invite it, and it didn't ask permission to jump from you.

But I like to stay away from others when I'm sick. Yet I note the hypocrisy of the vax forcers.

No, it's not hypocrisy. Would I like to stay home and away from others when sick? Yes, of course I would. However, my boss doesn't appreciate it, in fact I could lose my job if I missed too much work due to illness. Also, I don't get any sick pay, any work I miss is money I'm losing out on. There is also a difference between coming down with a virus or illness that there isn't a vaccine for vs. one that there is. It's not a crime to be sick, however if you are sick with an illness there is a vaccine for and knowingly put others at risk, I would say it's a grey area.

elohiym

•According to government statistics, children under the age of 14 are three times more likely to suffer adverse effects -- including death -- following the hepatitis B vaccine than to catch the disease itself.

Cabinetmaker,

Is that what your doctor told you before you allowed your child to be vaccinated with hepatitis B? Were you aware? Yes? No?

Why should my child have to get a hepatitis B vaccination to attend public school? If you can't justify it, then perhaps you ought to stop defending the wrong side of the argument.