foolish question

Status
Not open for further replies.

fool

Hall of Fame
Well the 4 part radio debate has come to an abrupt end and now I'll put the question to the general public.
Here's the story;
You're a soldier in Joshua's army, you got order's to smote everyone in town A, you've killed all the men, and the women, and now it's time to butcher the infants.
Don't be shy!
Step right up and tell me what you'd do.

Caledvwlch

I'm listening to part 3 as I type this, so I can't wait to get that part.

But to the question:

I think back in my Christian days, I would have answered with a profound affirmative. They're just going to grow up to be pagans anyway, right? (Unless of course, we adopt them and raise them as our own, but that's a different story altogether)

These days, I think critically. If I place myself in the shoes of one of those soldiers, I would recieve the order from the mouth of Joshua, with no real indication that he was actually talking to God. So I'd probably end up stoned for dissertion, or something.

Balder

I've listened to parts 1 and 2. I'll have to listen to the others when I have time. Why did it abruptly end?

To answer this question -- though I know it's meant for Christians, not wicked pagans like me and Caledvwlch -- I don't think I would do it. If I was living back then, raised in those conditions, and with that conditioning, I might go through with it. Who knows? But if it was me, now, I would not do it. And I would ask Joshua, or God, why they are ordering such a thing.

fool

Hall of Fame
Balder said:
Why did it abruptly end?
I didn't agree to his premise that God has the right to kill people whenever he wants.
I didn't behave as expected in his maze. (bad mouse!)
He said I hated God.

Balder

Interesting. I would feel comfortable saying I hate that "character" that kills wantonly and purposefully gives people imperishable bodies before casting them into a lake of fire to suffer forever.

Caledvwlch

Balder said:
Interesting. I would feel comfortable saying I hate that "character" that kills wantonly and purposefully gives people imperishable bodies before casting them into a lake of fire to suffer forever.
You and me both. Robert Heinlein's Job: A Comedy of Justice deals with this in humorous fashion.

fool

Hall of Fame
Balder said:
Bob says the lake is figurative.

fool

Hall of Fame
Caledvwlch said:
You and me both. Robert Heinlein's Job: A Comedy of Justice deals with this in humorous fashion.
That's a great book.

Caledvwlch

fool said:
Bob says the lake is figurative.
A figurative... torture chamber?

I loved how he tried to explain that hell was not a torture chamber while describing what most of the rational population would consider a torture chamber.

fool

Hall of Fame
115 views so far and only two responses to the question.
C'mon Christians! Here's the line in the sand! If you're ready to butcher infants get on that side.
If you say No infant butchering get on this side.
Bob's spent 2 hours explaining why it's OK, you don't gotta do any thinking!
If you consider yourself a Christian, then you should have no problem!
Step right up! Step right up!

Shalom

fool said:
115 views so far and only two responses to the question.
C'mon Christians! Here's the line in the sand! If you're ready to butcher infants get on that side.
If you say No infant butchering get on this side.
Bob's spent 2 hours explaining why it's OK, you don't gotta do any thinking!
If you consider yourself a Christian, then you should have no problem!
Step right up! Step right up!

I agree with Bob....

If God wants to take babies to live in paradise with Him for eternity, I dont have a problem with it. And It is the duty of a Christian is to be obiedient to God.

Dying isnt the worst thing that can happen to a person. Only an athiest would take that kind of stance on death.

fool

Hall of Fame
Shalom said:
I agree with Bob....

If God wants to take babies to live in paradise with Him for eternity, I dont have a problem with it. And It is the duty of a Christian is to be obiedient to God.

Dying isnt the worst thing that can happen to a person. Only an athiest would take that kind of stance on death.
Only an Atheist would say it's wrong to butcher an infant?
WOW

Status
Not open for further replies.