Food Network fans, what's your favorite show?

Food Network fans, what's your favorite show?

• Emeril Live

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Everyday Italian

Votes: 4 10.3%
  • Semi-Homemade

• 30 Minute Meals

Votes: 2 5.1%
  • Good Eats

Votes: 13 33.3%
  • Barefoot Contessa

Votes: 3 7.7%
  • Paula's Homecooking

• Boy Meets Grill

Votes: 2 5.1%
  • The Next Iron Chef

• Tyler's Ultimate

• Ace of Cakes

Votes: 1 2.6%
  • $40 a Day

• Molto Mario

• Unwrapped

• Throwdown with Bobby Flay

• Rescue Chef with Danny Boome

• Easy Entertaining with Michael Chiarello

• Essence of Emeril

• Drive-ins, Diners, and Dives

Votes: 3 7.7%
  • Other

• Total voters

Poly

Blessed beyond measure
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Gold Subscriber
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
I'm a big "Food Network" fan. If you watch it as well, vote on your favorite show.

There's obviously many more shows but I picked the more popular IMO.

SUTG

Hmmm....tough one. I don't have cable myself, so only watch the Food network when I am visiting my parents or someone else who has it. Because of this, i've only seen 5 or 6 of the shows you mentioned.

I like Emeril and Mario Batali, and the Iron Chef is fun to watch, although I doubt I'll every try anything I see them doing on there. I'm never going to go into the kitchen and whip up a batch of Gorgonzola foam and duck liver pralines. :chuckle:

Did you forget Rachel Ray, or is 30 Minute Meals her show?

Poly

Blessed beyond measure
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Gold Subscriber
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
Without question..... Good Eats.

That's definitely my favorite. My kids love it. My youngest 2 watch it sometimes as part of their science lessons.

A few others we really like are Unwrapped, Ace of Cakes, and Drive-ins, Diners and Dives.

FellowServant

DMV Princess
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
I voted for 30 Minute Meals. But I like equally Barefoot Contessa, Everyday Italian, and Iron Chef.

Four O'Clock

Re: food network

Re: food network

OK folks get ready for the definitive choices. :) :wave:

The Barefoot Contessa: Ina Garten rocks! She's so good; a little on the high-cal side but, what the heck, moderation is the key to life. My co-worker has one of her cookbooks and says just about everything turns out exactly as its supposed to.

Easy Entertaining w/ Michael Chirerello: He and Ina are my favs. My wife and I throw several parties a year and I love to take my time, sip on a good wine, and cook it up for them, tho not as perfect as Sir. Michael.

Others:
Good Eats: Alton Brown gives you more of a comedic/variety show approach and less on actual recipes tho he does a good job of giving you the molecular/nutritional insight to foods. Very entertaining not to mention he & I could pass for twins (kind of scary :shocked: )

Bobby Flay: Used to be my fav way back when but now he does a lot of that "I'm cookin' for an entire football team today" type stuff which isn't as good as his old in the kitchen show.

Emeril: Sorry but his "egomaniacal" off the board delivery wears a little thin IMHO tho his other show where he's by himself in the kitchen is much better.

What's the chunky Italian's name? Buselli (sp.) I enjoy him alot; truely a top chef.

Remember Jeff Smith, 'The Frugal Gourmet'? I think he was involved in some sort of sexual harrassment suit and left the air but, despite that, his show was very relaxing and informative and I've still got several of his recipes I use alot. "I bid you peace"

Rachel Ray? Her 30 minute meals are more like 45-50 minute meals (a little deceiving) tho one of her lexicons has found its way into our home: "EVOO"

Giedra Delaurentis (sp?) - Yowza! Easy on the eyes but she needs to wipe that grin off her face every now and then...

Paula Dean: When my wife and I visited Savannah a couple of years ago we ate at her resturant "The Lady & Sons"; the waiting line stretched out the door and down the street but very good food...

Good thread!!!

Supremum

$40 A Day isn't bad. It does restore my faith in humanity that no one voted for Emeril. I voted for my co-Appalachian; his show is really funny(and helpful.) If any of you haven't seen the mini-series where The Honorable Mr. Brown "eats" across the US on a motorcycle(I can't remember it's name,) you should try to get your hands on a DVD. Mario Batali is waay underrated, as is Ming Tsai.

Vaquero45

Hall of Fame
The one I end up watching when I see it on is "Bizarre Foods, with Andrew Zimmern". It's on the travel channel tho. Had to look it up on google. He goes all over the world eating strange stuff the locals eat. Large gross-out factor sometimes, but it's interesting and entertaining.

I know I like some shows on food network, but I can't picture what any of the listed ones are by title other than Emeril, Iron Chef and probably the Ace of Cakes one. Iron Chef is so goofy I cant watch it for very long. :)

There is a show where a guy meets people at the grocery store and offers to help them shop and cook dinner for them at their house, possibly called "Take Home Chef" or something similar which I watch sometimes. I like that one. Not sure if that is Food Network or not tho. (added, it's on TLC)

Rusha

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
The one I end up watching when I see it on is "Bizarre Foods, with Andrew Zimmern". It's on the travel channel tho. Had to look it up on google. He goes all over the world eating strange stuff the locals eat. Large gross-out factor sometimes, but it's interesting and entertaining.

I watch that too...good show ... though Andrew must have a cast-iron stomach.

Vaquero45

Hall of Fame
I watch that too...good show ... though Andrew must have a cast-iron stomach.

lol, yes he must. Did you see the one were he tried to eat durian (a horrible smelling fruit, comparable to a well used outhouse) and actually couldnt do it? He was shocked that of all the crazy things he has tried the only thing he couldnt eat so far in his travels was a fruit. :) Considered a delicacy by some in Singapore I think it was.

Sorry for the rabbit trail Poly. :)

Rusha

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
lol, yes he must. Did you see the one were he tried to eat durian (a horrible smelling fruit, comparable to a well used outhouse) and actually couldnt do it? He was shocked that of all the crazy things he has tried the only thing he couldnt eat so far in his travels was a fruit. :) Considered a delicacy by some in Singapore I think it was.

Yep, I saw that one ... just a good example that delicacy doesn't necessarily mean good ... Yucko!

:vomit: