• I don't have a fish tank

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I don't want a fish tank

Votes: 1 25.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Ktoyou

Hall of Fame
You ARE the Fish Princess !!! - You bred and sold fish too ?

Oh yes. Although it was a hobby. I sometime made a few bucks, but mainly I wanted to break even. Those big Tanks and breeding fish is expensive, but it is fun!

Would say I have a tank if you want, but truth is I have not had them since the early 90s.

Lon

Pretty fancy! I had mine before most persons had computers. My fish were sold all over the county.

It is getting cheaper. An entire chem kit is only $30 and there are meters for everything, even parts-per-millon. There is much less need to replace anything but the filters and the aerator, then feed them at night. Did you have live plants? This is fairly new for me :)

Ktoyou

Hall of Fame
No, I did not have plants. My friend was a serious breeder, she sold me my fist fish and soon after I began to breed then myself. The big set-up is also not something you keep in the living room; it tends to smell. I had mine set up in a big metal building in Texas.

Remember, we were into fishing big time, so the fish were always my interest.

Oh, my husband thought it was a bit nuts. :)

patrick jane

BANNED
Banned
Yep, I have one on my 10 gallon :) The computer system on a friend's tank tells him PH/acidity, temperature change. I'm thinking one day they will even chemically correct it for you.
Give them an upgrade to a 20 or 30 gallon tank !!!! Can you imagine their excitement ?

Ktoyou

Hall of Fame
With a 30 gallon tank you can go with more fish if you keep then small. Two large Jacks need a bigger tank, at least a 30.

theophilus

I've had fish tanks in the past but my cats kept "fishing" everything out of them so I gave up keeping fish.

Reactions: Lon

Lon

Very interesting, it might be even more fun with tiny frogs, how long do they generally live ? I guess they don't jump out at feeding time ?
They mostly live at the bottom of the tank. I'm told, if you are good, they live about 20 years!

You feed them with a tube feeder or tweezers like here:

patrick jane

BANNED
Banned
Yes, but the "hole" where the biological filters cam through was big enough to get a paw in. I had a 60 gallon hex.

Ended up giving my fish (tropical) to one of my professors.

When the cats are gone I'll get another tank.

WOW, 60 gallon hex, you are fish pro after all. Those darn cats. Right now, my favorite fish tank is at the doctor's office.