First Sunday Sabbath Rest Law

PneumaPsucheSoma

TOL Subscriber
Exodus 20:8
Remember the Sabbath day by keeping it holy.

Mark 2:27
Then he said to them, “The Sabbath was made for man, not man for the Sabbath.

Matthew 19:17
“Why do you ask me about what is good?” Jesus replied. “There is only One who is good. If you want to enter life, keep the commandments.”

He does not say the Sabbath was made for the Jew, but man, as in mankind.

Christ and his disciples kept the Sabbath.

It was the Catholics who changed the Sabbath to Sunday.

The Sunday Sabbath has nothing to do with Christ resurrection.

I'm not promoting Sunday as the Sabbath. I'm not promoting Sun-Day at all, or for any reason. Nor am I promoting Saturn-Day or any other earth solar day of the week, month, year, or years.

The Sabbath prophesied man's rest in Christ, just as all of the Old Covenant prophesied Christ in all ways.

Just as Jesus is the High Priest, Sacrifice, Temple, Promised Land, and all else, Jesus is the Sabbath. Our rest.

I don't observe any earth solar day as a Sabbath. Every earth solar day is the Sabbath when one is resting in Christ, having ceased from His own works.

Others may observe whatever Sabbaths or Holy Days as they choose or are led.

I'm celebrating the everlasting Day... every moment of every earth solar day... the Sabbath... Jesus... my Rest...

There is no other day but Him. He is the Day of Salvation. The Light that lighteth all mankind.

The Sabbath.

Puppet

BANNED
Banned
Puppet,
re: "Theres another layer of requirements you don't see at all...You refuting means you totally missed the other layer of interpretations."

Firstly, I didn't refute anything. I was simply asking a question.

Secondly, I didn't miss the "other layer". I was simply asking a question about the "first layer". I thought - perhaps incorrectly - that you were suggesting that the continuity of the seven day cycle had been lost in the past. I was merely asking if you had any proof of that?

Counting days since thousands of years ago is just weird. If I did that I would loss total focus on God and spend my entire life counting and double checking if the counts are accurate. Jesus doesn't want wasted lifetimes wasted. Jesus new plans are on another level while the first level are for legalism and earning salvation through works and burning illegal fire to get to a entertainment people gathering building with cold spoiled food cooked the day before. Can't use refrigerators, air conditioning on sabbath according to the law the first level follow. No flames allowed on Sabbath and sparks run motors, no light either.

Nevermind, this is getting boring.

rstrats

Puppet,
re: "Counting days since thousands of years ago is just weird. If I did that i woukd loss total focus on God and spead my entire life counting and double checking if the counts are accurate."

Then you probably shouldn't make statements that you're not willing to back up.

Puppet

BANNED
Banned
Puppet,
re: "Counting days since thousands of years ago is just weird. If I did that i woukd loss total focus on God and spead my entire life counting and double checking if the counts are accurate."

Dont need to go back, level 2 is on top of you. You need to look up and see what Jesus has done for His Children. Level 1 gets passed over at the end. Better duck !

CherubRam

I'm not promoting Sunday as the Sabbath. I'm not promoting Sun-Day at all, or for any reason. Nor am I promoting Saturn-Day or any other earth solar day of the week, month, year, or years.

The Sabbath prophesied man's rest in Christ, just as all of the Old Covenant prophesied Christ in all ways.

Just as Jesus is the High Priest, Sacrifice, Temple, Promised Land, and all else, Jesus is the Sabbath. Our rest.

I don't observe any earth solar day as a Sabbath. Every earth solar day is the Sabbath when one is resting in Christ, having ceased from His own works.

Others may observe whatever Sabbaths or Holy Days as they choose or are led.

I'm celebrating the everlasting Day... every moment of every earth solar day... the Sabbath... Jesus... my Rest...

There is no other day but Him. He is the Day of Salvation. The Light that lighteth all mankind.

The Sabbath.
The bible only mentions a Sabbath Rest with the Father.

CherubRam

Puppet,

Astronomers count the days by the movement of the stars.

CherubRam

Counting days since thousands of years ago is just weird. If I did that I would loss total focus on God and spend my entire life counting and double checking if the counts are accurate. Jesus doesn't want wasted lifetimes wasted. Jesus new plans are on another level while the first level are for legalism and earning salvation through works and burning illegal fire to get to a entertainment people gathering building with cold spoiled food cooked the day before. Can't use refrigerators, air conditioning on sabbath according to the law the first level follow. No flames allowed on Sabbath and sparks run motors, no light either.

Nevermind, this is getting boring.

You are talking about legal rulings by Rabbi's.

Puppet

BANNED
Banned
You are talking about legal rulings by Rabbi's.

I probably got that from those debating seventh day adventists. The end results of being in the debates for a long time, I learned the sabbathterians got it wrong. But that was a long time ago. Its clear that my beliefs in sunday being an acceptable worship day still stands. Why, the bible told me so on another higher level. Those debate days are over and I have moved on. I'll just watch the Saturday folks make fools of themselves.

rstrats

PneumaPsucheSoma,
re: "Maybe check out Hebrews 4."

Good idea. Hebrews 4:9 - "It is therefore the duty of the people of God to keep the sabbath."

CherubRam

PneumaPsucheSoma,

Good idea. Hebrews 4:9 - "It is therefore the duty of the people of God to keep the sabbath."

Maybe check out Hebrews 4.

Christ was a (elohiym / god) whereas Yahwah is God our Heavenly Father.

"The Lord" here is Yahwah.
Psalm 95 NIV
1 Come, let us sing for joy to the LORD;
let us shout aloud to the Rock of our salvation.
2 Let us come before him with thanksgiving
and extol him with music and song.
3 For the LORD is the great God,
the great King above all gods.
4 In his hand are the depths of the earth,
and the mountain peaks belong to him.
5 The sea is his, for he made it,
and his hands formed the dry land.
6 Come, let us bow down in worship,
let us kneel before the LORD our Maker;
7 for he is our God
and we are the people of his pasture,
the flock under his care.
Today, if only you would hear his voice,
8 “Do not harden your hearts as you did at Meribah,
as you did that day at Massah in the wilderness,
9 where your ancestors tested me;
they tried me, though they had seen what I did.
10 For forty years I was angry with that generation;
I said, ‘They are a people whose hearts go astray,
and they have not known my ways.’
11 So I declared on oath in my anger,
‘They shall never enter my rest.’”

You do not enter His rest because you do not keep His Sabbath command.

PneumaPsucheSoma

TOL Subscriber
PneumaPsucheSoma,

Wow. What jacked-up false translation is that from? The Greek says no such thing. Not even close.

"There remaineth therefore a rest to the people of God."
Hebrews 4:9

And... Verse 10 continues... "For he that is entered into his rest, he also hath ceased from his own works, as God did from his."

"...he that is entered..." is eiserchomai in the aorist participle active. That indicates non-continuous action at some undefined point in the past, referring simply to the reality of an event or action.

If you're stilling doing something and it's in the present and/or future as continued action; it means you haven't entered that rest, and will not.

I'm already resting in the everlasting Sabbath. By faith, I'm hypostatically translated into the resurrected, ascended, seated Christ.

Since you don't know what that means, you have no rest; and having not ceased from your own works, you labor in vain regarding earth solar days that you cannot even know are correct as an uninterrupted and accurate calendar.

Jesus IS the Sabbath. I'm IN Him and kept BY Him. Resting.

You may feel free to do your own works in vain without such rest. I've put on Christ.

PneumaPsucheSoma

TOL Subscriber
Christ was a (elohiym / god) whereas Yahwah is God our Heavenly Father.

That's a poor representation, but I see the futility of expecting more or else from you.

"The Lord" here is Yahwah.
Psalm 95 NIV
1 Come, let us sing for joy to the LORD;
let us shout aloud to the Rock of our salvation.
2 Let us come before him with thanksgiving
and extol him with music and song.
3 For the LORD is the great God,
the great King above all gods.
4 In his hand are the depths of the earth,
and the mountain peaks belong to him.
5 The sea is his, for he made it,
and his hands formed the dry land.
6 Come, let us bow down in worship,
let us kneel before the LORD our Maker;
7 for he is our God
and we are the people of his pasture,
the flock under his care.
Today, if only you would hear his voice,
8 “Do not harden your hearts as you did at Meribah,
as you did that day at Massah in the wilderness,
9 where your ancestors tested me;
they tried me, though they had seen what I did.
10 For forty years I was angry with that generation;
I said, ‘They are a people whose hearts go astray,
and they have not known my ways.’
11 So I declared on oath in my anger,
‘They shall never enter my rest.’”

You do not enter His rest because you do not keep His Sabbath command.

I've already entered His rest. And since you haven't, you shan't.

By faith, I've put on Christ. I am already resting in Christ.

And I notice you don't provide any cordially requested info about whatever cult you affiliate with.

CherubRam

Wow. What jacked-up false translation is that from? The Greek says no such thing. Not even close.

"There remaineth therefore a rest to the people of God."
Hebrews 4:9

And... Verse 10 continues... "For he that is entered into his rest, he also hath ceased from his own works, as God did from his."

"...he that is entered..." is eiserchomai in the aorist participle active. That indicates non-continuous action at some undefined point in the past, referring simply to the reality of an event or action.

If you're stilling doing something and it's in the present and/or future as continued action; it means you haven't entered that rest, and will not.

I'm already resting in the everlasting Sabbath. By faith, I'm hypostatically translated into the resurrected, ascended, seated Christ.

Since you don't know what that means, you have no rest; and having not ceased from your own works, you labor in vain regarding earth solar days that you cannot even know are correct as an uninterrupted and accurate calendar.

Jesus IS the Sabbath. I'm IN Him and kept BY Him. Resting.

You may feel free to do your own works in vain without such rest. I've put on Christ.

Where in scriptures does Yahshua say he is the Sabbath? He does however say that he is Lord of the seventh day Sabbath. Shouldn't Christians keep his seventh day Sabbath?

PneumaPsucheSoma

TOL Subscriber
Where in scriptures does Yahshua say he is the Sabbath? He does however say that he is Lord of the seventh day Sabbath. Shouldn't Christians keep his seventh day Sabbath?

Scripture is clear that Jesus is the all in all, and that the law ceased in Him. He personified the righteousness that was in the Abrahamic and Mosaic covenants.

Christians are not prohibited from keeping the Sabbath observance from the heart, nor any other holy day. But there's no requirement to keep the Sabbath day in the New Covenant.

The biggest issue for today is the virtual impossibility of keeping the Sabbath in modern culture. It isn't just an observance of a day. It's a complete lifestyle change for one day each week. No transportation. No cooking. No utility usage. Many, many things that it's very difficult to apply in total abstinence and rest.

And there's NO way to even know the exact original calendar to know when the Sabbath is. I don't care what anyone lies and says, there is NO way to know the calendar that was the original from creation or from any time since the Mosaic covenant.

I doubt you or anyone else is actually rigorously observing the Sabbath beyond observing the day of the week and a handful of practices. And NOBODY is observing the actual Sabbath, because nobody can know exactly when the Sabbath occurs on a calendar that has been lost to us.

Since Christ IS the Sabbath (just as He is the High Priest, Final Sacrifice, Temple, Promised Land, and Law Fulfilled/Ceased/Personified), I simply rest in Him. I've put on Christ, just as scripture commands. I've ceased from my own works, including all the work of observing a law-based earth solar day that is impossible to keep anyway.

Do as you will. How, exactly do YOU keep the Sabbath (including what provisions for total rest with no work)?

And what "Sabbath" are you keeping on what calendar?

Puppet

BANNED
Banned
Scripture is clear that Jesus is the all in all, and that the law ceased in Him. He personified the righteousness that was in the Abrahamic and Mosaic covenants.

Christians are not prohibited from keeping the Sabbath observance from the heart, nor any other holy day. But there's no requirement to keep the Sabbath day in the New Covenant.

The biggest issue for today is the virtual impossibility of keeping the Sabbath in modern culture. It isn't just an observance of a day. It's a complete lifestyle change for one day each week. No transportation. No cooking. No utility usage. Many, many things that it's very difficult to apply in total abstinence and rest.

And there's NO way to even know the exact original calendar to know when the Sabbath is. I don't care what anyone lies and says, there is NO way to know the calendar that was the original from creation or from any time since the Mosaic covenant.

I doubt you or anyone else is actually rigorously observing the Sabbath beyond observing the day of the week and a handful of practices. And NOBODY is observing the actual Sabbath, because nobody can know exactly when the Sabbath occurs on a calendar that has been lost to us.

Since Christ IS the Sabbath (just as He is the High Priest, Final Sacrifice, Temple, Promised Land, and Law Fulfilled/Ceased/Personified), I simply rest in Him. I've put on Christ, just as scripture commands. I've ceased from my own works, including all the work of observing a law-based earth solar day that is impossible to keep anyway.

Do as you will. How, exactly do YOU keep the Sabbath (including what provisions for total rest with no work)?

And what "Sabbath" are you keeping on what calendar?

Sabbathtarians are as lost as lost can be so the only choice the unregerates have is to demand God to choose them while working and earning fake faith. They physically went to church on saturday and call God a fool if He don't choose them based on what they did on saturdays.
Lost lost and more lost

rstrats

PneumaPsucheSoma,
re: "And there's NO way to even know the exact original calendar to know when the Sabbath is. I don't care what anyone lies and says, there is NO way to know the calendar that was the original from creation or from any time since the Mosaic covenant."

No need to go back that far. The Sabbath that the Messiah honored was the Sabbath that his fellow countrymen used. If He had been honoring it on the incorrect day, then He would have been in violation of the Commandment and therefore not sinless. The Catholic Encyclopedia, Vol. 3, p. 740, article "Chronology" says: "It is to be noted that in the Christian period, the order of days in the week has never been interrupted." That would include the first day of the week as well as the Sabbath. If you have documentation that shows that the seven day cycle has been interrupted at some point between the first century and now I would very much like to see it.