First Sunday Sabbath Rest Law

CherubRam

Revelation 13:3
One of the heads of the beast seemed to have had a fatal wound, but the fatal wound had been healed. The whole world was filled with wonder and followed the beast.

Lateran Treaty
Newspapers at the time proclaimed the "wound" to the Vatican as "healed." February 12th, 1929 edition of the San Francisco Chronicle.

Catholic newspapers reporting the event declared the "wound" to be healed by the Lateran Treaty.
The Catholic Advocate, published in Brisbane, Australia on April 18th, 1929.

Greetings Pagan Christians, won't you please re-evaluate. I hope you found the term Pagan offensive, because at least then there is some hope for you.

Exodus 20:8
“Remember the Sabbath day by keeping it holy.

CherubRam

A·pos·ta·sy

noun: apostasy; plural noun: apostasies

Apostasy
The abandonment or renunciation of a religious or political belief.

A·pos·tate

Noun: apostate; plural noun: apostates

1. A person who renounces a religious or political belief or principle.

Synonyms: dissenter, defector, deserter, traitor, backslider, turncoat;...

Adjective: apostate

1. Abandoning a religious or political belief or principle.

Hyp·o·crite

noun: hypocrite; plural noun: hypocrites

Hypocrite
A person who indulges in hypocrisy.
Synonyms: pretender, dissembler, deceiver, liar, sanctimonious person, plaster saint; fraud, sham, fake.

jamie

LIFETIME MEMBER
In other words, I remember God 24/7

That's good and the God you remember 24/7 created the seventh day as a day to be set apart from the other six days of the week.

There is nothing in the NT to suggest God changed his mind about his seventh day creation. It still applies.

Puppet

BANNED
Banned
That's good and the God you remember 24/7 created the seventh day as a day to be set apart from the other six days of the week.

There is nothing in the NT to suggest God changed his mind about his seventh day creation. It still applies.

Have you ever broken one of the ten commandments before?

CherubRam

Mark 2:27
Then he said to them, “The Sabbath was made for man, not man for the Sabbath.

Man = Mankind.

You can worship any day, but the Sabbath is Saturday. There has always been a 7 day week cycle.

Man = Mankind.
That verse does not say Israel or Jew, it says "Mankind."

Revelation 13:3
One of the heads of the beast seemed to have had a fatal wound, but the fatal wound had been healed. The whole world was filled with wonder and followed the beast.

Lateran Treaty
Newspapers at the time proclaimed the "wound" to the Vatican as "healed." February 12th, 1929 edition of the San Francisco Chronicle.

Catholic newspapers reporting the event declared the "wound" to be healed by the Lateran Treaty.
The Catholic Advocate, published in Brisbane, Australia on April 18th, 1929.

Greetings Pagan Christians, won't you please re-evaluate. I hope you found the term Pagan offensive, because at least then there is some hope for you.

“Remember the Sabbath day by keeping it holy.

A·pos·ta·sy

noun: apostasy; plural noun: apostasies

Apostasy
The abandonment or renunciation of a religious or political belief.

A·pos·tate

Noun: apostate; plural noun: apostates

1. A person who renounces a religious or political belief or principle.

Synonyms: dissenter, defector, deserter, traitor, backslider, turncoat;...

Adjective: apostate

1. Abandoning a religious or political belief or principle.

Hyp·o·crite

noun: hypocrite; plural noun: hypocrites

Hypocrite
A person who indulges in hypocrisy.
Synonyms: pretender, dissembler, deceiver, liar, sanctimonious person, plaster saint; fraud, sham, fake.

Have you ever studied any about the Sunday Sabbath?

PAGAN SUN WORSHIP AND CATHOLICISM: http://www.aloha.net/~mikesch/verita.htm

This link has been checked.

rstrats

Puppet,
re: "...you say men have marked every 7th day accurately since the beginning. I guess you get to pick out what calendar to use when we have many interpretations on calendars and astronomy."

Do you have any documentation which shows that the seven day cycle has been interupted at some point during the last 2000 years?

keypurr

Puppet,

re: "...you say men have marked every 7th day accurately since the beginning. I guess you get to pick out what calendar to use when we have many interpretations on calendars and astronomy."

Do you have any documentation which shows that the seven day cycle has been interupted at some point during the last 2000 years?

Why not use the Hebrew calendar? After all, we have the same God.

CherubRam

Puppet,

According to the Astronomers we have not lost one day of time. The seven day week cycle has remained the same, even if days are added or subtracted from the calendar.

Puppet

BANNED
Banned
Puppet,

Theres another layer of requirements you don't see at all. You do saturday and I'll do Sunday. Sunday is suitable for once a week worship. You refuting means you totally missed the other layer of interpretations.

CherubRam

Theres another layer of requirements you don't see at all. You do saturday and I'll do Sunday. Sunday is suitable for once a week worship. You refuting means you totally missed the other layer of interpretations.
Is it more important to keep the commands of God, or is it more important to keep the traditions of man?

rstrats

Puppet,
re: "Theres another layer of requirements you don't see at all...You refuting means you totally missed the other layer of interpretations."

Firstly, I didn't refute anything. I was simply asking a question.

Secondly, I didn't miss the "other layer". I was simply asking a question about the "first layer". I thought - perhaps incorrectly - that you were suggesting that the continuity of the seven day cycle had been lost in the past. I was merely asking if you had any proof of that?

Last edited:

rstrats

kepurr,
re: "Why not use the Hebrew calendar?"

How would that help as documentation for showing an interruption in the seven day cycle?

PneumaPsucheSoma

TOL Subscriber
Jesus is the all in all.

The High Priest forever.
The once-for-all Sacrifice.
The Temple not made with hands.
The Promised Land.
The Covenant of Faith fulfilled and personified.
The Covenant of Law fulfilled and personified.
The everlasting Day.
Our everlasting Rest.

The Sabbath.

CherubRam

Jesus is the all in all.

The High Priest forever.
The once-for-all Sacrifice.
The Temple not made with hands.
The Promised Land.
The Covenant of Faith fulfilled and personified.
The Covenant of Law fulfilled and personified.
The everlasting Day.
Our everlasting Rest.

The Sabbath.
Remember the Sabbath day by keeping it holy.

Matthew 19:17
“Why do you ask me about what is good?” Jesus replied. “There is only One who is good. If you want to enter life, keep the commandments.”

He does not say the Sabbath was made for the Jew, but man, as in mankind.

Christ and his disciples kept the Sabbath.

It was the Catholics who changed the Sabbath to Sunday.

The Sunday Sabbath has nothing to do with Christ resurrection.