First Sunday Sabbath Rest Law

CherubRam

Sunday Sabbath Rest.

Here is the first Sunday Law in history, a legal enactment by Constantine 1 (reigned 306-337)

"On the Venerable Day of the Sun ["venerabili die Solis"--the sacred day of the Sun] let the magistrates and people residing in cities rest, and let all workshops be closed. In the country, however, persons engaged in agriculture may freely and lawfully continue their pursuits; because it often happens that another day is not so suitable for grain-sowing or for vine-planting; lest by neglecting the proper moment for such operations the bounty of heaven should be lost--"

Given the 7th day of March, [A.D. 321], Crispus and Constantine being consuls each of them for the second time. The First Sunday Law of Constantine 1, in "Codex Justinianus," lib. 3, tit. 12, 3; trans. In Phillip Schaff "History of the Christian Church," Vol. 3, p. 380.

CherubRam

Isn't strange how people ignore the facts in order to keep their traditions. It makes me ask myself, "are these people truly Christians?" Are people who are doing their own will contrary to God's laws truly Christians? :think:

Puppet

BANNED
Banned
Who cares about Constantine? The sabbatarians are the lostest of the lost swiming in a pool of legalism that gets them nowhere. My former SDA boss with his little boy went to some sunday worship churches and put up 666, the beast, signs in thier parking lots while the Christians struggles to pull up the signs before the services were over. This is a sign how sick the SDV are. They are mentally incapable of living among us. I have low respect for them.

CherubRam

Who cares about Constantine? The sabbatarians are the lostest of the lost swiming in a pool of legalism that gets them nowhere. My former SDA boss with his little boy went to some sunday worship churches and put up 666, the beast, signs in thier parking lots while the Christians struggles to pull up the signs before the services were over. This is a sign how sick the SDV are. They are mentally incapable of living among us. I have low respect for them.

Revelation 13:3
One of the heads of the beast seemed to have had a fatal wound, but the fatal wound had been healed. The whole world was filled with wonder and followed the beast.

Lateran Treaty
Newspapers at the time proclaimed the "wound" to the Vatican as "healed". February 12th, 1929 edition of the San Francisco Chronicle.

Catholic newspapers reporting the event declared the "wound" to be healed by the Lateran Treaty.
The Catholic Advocate, published in Brisbane, Australia on April 18th, 1929.

achduke

Who cares about Constantine? The sabbatarians are the lostest of the lost swiming in a pool of legalism that gets them nowhere.

How long is forever and a lasting covenant to God?

Exodus 31:16 The Israelites are to observe the Sabbath, celebrating it for the generations to come as a lasting covenant.

Leviticus 23:3
3 For six days work may be done, but on the seventh day there is a sabbath of complete rest, a holy convocation. You shall not do any work; it is a sabbath to the LORD in all your dwellings.

Isaiah 56:1,2
1This is what the Lord says:
“Maintain justice
and do what is right,
for my salvation is close at hand
and my righteousness will soon be revealed.
2Blessed is the one who does this—
the person who holds it fast,
who keeps the Sabbath without desecrating it,
and keeps their hands from doing any evil.”

Isaiah 56:3-4
3Let no foreigner who is bound to the Lord say,
“The Lord will surely exclude me from his people.”
And let no eunuch complain,
“I am only a dry tree.”
4For this is what the Lord says:
“To the eunuchs who keep my Sabbaths,
who choose what pleases me
and hold fast to my covenant
5to them I will give within my temple and its walls
a memorial and a name
better than sons and daughters
;
I will give them an everlasting name
that will endure forever.
6And foreigners who bind themselves to the Lord
to minister to him,
to love the name of the Lord,
and to be his servants,
all who keep the Sabbath without desecrating it
and who hold fast to my covenant

Isaiah 56:7-8 Prayer for all Nations.
7these I will bring to my holy mountain
and give them joy in my house of prayer.
Their burnt offerings and sacrifices
will be accepted on my altar;
for my house will be called
a house of prayer for all nations.”
8The Sovereign Lord declares—
he who gathers the exiles of Israel:
“I will gather still others to them
besides those already gathered.”

Puppet

BANNED
Banned
Revelation 13:3
One of the heads of the beast seemed to have had a fatal wound, but the fatal wound had been healed. The whole world was filled with wonder and followed the beast.

Lateran Treaty
Newspapers at the time proclaimed the "wound" to the Vatican as "healed". February 12th, 1929 edition of the San Francisco Chronicle.

Catholic newspapers reporting the event declared the "wound" to be healed by the Lateran Treaty.
The Catholic Advocate, published in Brisbane, Australia on April 18th, 1929.

I did a study on the revelation and I believe a lot of it already happened a very long time ago. To see what I mean at https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DRtLMqK481s

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DRtLMqK481s

Puppet

BANNED
Banned
How long is forever and a lasting covenant to God?

Exodus 31:16 The Israelites are to observe the Sabbath, celebrating it for the generations to come as a lasting covenant.

Leviticus 23:3
3 For six days work may be done, but on the seventh day there is a sabbath of complete rest, a holy convocation. You shall not do any work; it is a sabbath to the LORD in all your dwellings.

Isaiah 56:1,2
1This is what the Lord says:
“Maintain justice
and do what is right,
for my salvation is close at hand
and my righteousness will soon be revealed.
2Blessed is the one who does this—
the person who holds it fast,
who keeps the Sabbath without desecrating it,
and keeps their hands from doing any evil.”

Isaiah 56:3-4
3Let no foreigner who is bound to the Lord say,
“The Lord will surely exclude me from his people.”
And let no eunuch complain,
“I am only a dry tree.”
4For this is what the Lord says:
“To the eunuchs who keep my Sabbaths,
who choose what pleases me
and hold fast to my covenant
5to them I will give within my temple and its walls
a memorial and a name
better than sons and daughters
;
I will give them an everlasting name
that will endure forever.
6And foreigners who bind themselves to the Lord
to minister to him,
to love the name of the Lord,
and to be his servants,
all who keep the Sabbath without desecrating it
and who hold fast to my covenant

Isaiah 56:7-8 Prayer for all Nations.
7these I will bring to my holy mountain
and give them joy in my house of prayer.
Their burnt offerings and sacrifices
will be accepted on my altar;
for my house will be called
a house of prayer for all nations.”
8The Sovereign Lord declares—
he who gathers the exiles of Israel:
“I will gather still others to them
besides those already gathered.”

Can you reply with new Testament quotes? The SDA ideas on the Papal system got way out of hand

achduke

That's not sabbathtarian enough.

So God says the sabbath is forever and in the NT say to love God is to follow his commandments and you say that is not enough?

Mat 12:12 "Of how much more value then is a man than a sheep? Therefore it is lawful to do good on the Sabbath."

It is lawful to do good but what about everything else?

Puppet

BANNED
Banned
So God says the sabbath is forever and in the NT say to love God is to follow his commandments and you say that is not enough?

Mat 12:12 "Of how much more value then is a man than a sheep? Therefore it is lawful to do good on the Sabbath."

It is lawful to do good but what about everything else?

Silly to base that on man made calendars with different interpretations of months and years. This reminds me that the Catholics say they have written down every single apostolic successions on paper when they lost the records. They used guesswork So you say men have marked every 7th day accurately since the beginning. I guess you get to pick out what calendar to use when we have many interpretations on calendars and astronomy. What jesus did changed everything in case you didn't know. Arguing sabbath days is like arguing with the nontrinitarians on jesus being God and apostic succession with the RCC. I don't want to get into that. Others are doing fine refuting you.

achduke

Silly to base that on man made calendars with different interpretations of months and years. This reminds me that the Catholics say they have written down every single apostolic successions on paper when they lost the records. They used guesswork So you say men have marked every 7th day accurately since the beginning. I guess you get to pick out what calendar to use when we have many interpretations on calendars and astronomy. What jesus did changed everything in case you didn't know. Arguing sabbath days is like arguing with the nontrinitarians on jesus being God and apostic succession with the RCC. I don't want to get into that. Others are doing fine refuting you.

I never mentioned the calendar. The sabbath days are mentioned in scripture. I just quoted the scripture and did not change the text. Although I am not sure how all mankind would have lost the days of the week. Tomorrow is Monday the 2nd day of the week. Not to terribly hard to track and no real calculations or observations needed other then knowing the current day. I do not see how when many people including Israel and the Jews have been tracking it would have lost the day of the week. Certainly it should have been correct in the last 2000 years or Christ would have probably mentioned it.

Puppet

BANNED
Banned
I never mentioned the calendar. The sabbath days are mentioned in scripture. I just quoted the scripture and did not change the text. Although I am not sure how all mankind would have lost the days of the week. Tomorrow is Monday the 2nd day of the week. Not to terribly hard to track and no real calculations or observations needed other then knowing the current day. I do not see how when many people including Israel and the Jews have been tracking it would have lost the day of the week. Certainly it should have been correct in the last 2000 years or Christ would have probably mentioned it.

Like God wants everyone to keep up with the leap years, shorten days in some months and longer days in other months, hour saving times in americsn calendar while the easterns have a totally different count of years and days. You just want to make youself look intelengent tied up in legalism for salvation and besides, jesus did something that changed many things regarding worship. I used to know all theses SDA theologies and that was so long ago, I discovered theres no need to defend the christians from the sabbathtarians. Maybe someone can confirm what Im saying but I won't get back into the cults. I don't have much time for that

achduke

Like God wants everyone to keep up with the leap years, shorten days in some months and longer days in other months, hour saving times in americsn calendar while the easterns have a totally different count of years and days. You just want to make youself look intelengent tied up in legalism for salvation and besides, jesus did something that changed many things regarding worship. I used to know all theses SDA theologies and that was so long ago, I discovered theres no need to defend the christians from the sabbathtarians. Maybe someone can confirm what Im saying but I won't get back into the cults. I don't have much time for that

Once again what does any of that have to do with the day of the week? None of that affects the day of the week. I am not associated with the SDA and have never been associated with any affiliated church. I only read the Bible and interpret what I read. I know God is not a liar and God does not change. When he says forever he means forever. Now the law was given to Israel. Do you consider yourself part of Israel?