Final Day of Straight Pride Month

C

cattyfan

Today is the last day of this year's Straight Pride Month

Help celebrate by posting what you treasure most about your straight mate:

I love my husband for his faith in God, his sense of humor, and his ability to see the best in everything and everyone. I value his intelligence and his unwavering support.

A toast to my husband:

philosophizer

I love my wife for her love of Christ. I love her boldness, her willingness to speak her mind. I love her gentleness in comforting me. I love her mind and her sense of humor. I love her laugh. And I think she's the most beautiful thing I've ever seen.

erinmarie

A toast to my husband for being charming and sensitive to me and who I am. I might add that he is very good looking...and that doesn't hurt ;) ...
He also busts his butt everyday at work to support his family! That's very very cool.

Aimiel

Thank God for His Goodness (what makes 'straight' people)

Thank God for His Goodness (what makes 'straight' people)

I treasure the obedience to The Lord that she has demonstrated to myself as well as others, over the years. Her friends have testified to me of her faithfullness in long years gone by. She is a treasure, and I have found a good thing, and favor in The Eyes of The Lord; her presence in my life and that of my daughter (she really is a great mother) proves to me His Grace in my life, every single day. These treasures are what makes this earth a paradise, even in the midst of chaos and darkness.

wickwoman

I love my husband because, despite pressure from his overly conservative work environment, he surprises me by slipping a check to the Human Rights Campaign in our mail. He's a closet liberal and what makes him so is his love for our neice who is gay.

He is somewhat uncomfortable with the idea of homosexuality, especially among males, but he knows the difference between feeling uncomfortable and being full of hatred. He loves all persons equally regardless of their sexual orientation. That's what makes him so lovable to me.

http://www.theologyonline.com/photopost/showphoto.php?photo=1063&sort=1&cat=all&page=1

Aimiel

It is foolish to believe that because someone wants another person to learn the truth, and avoid eternal punishment; even though they never receive any pay or recognition for putting up with disdain, snide remarks and rejection for sharing that truth; is showing anything but love for that person. Christians would show hatred for sinners by never warning them, or trying to get them to come to a knowledge of that truth. We can't, because of the love that He's given us. He has shown us un-conditional love, when we were still sinners, so we try to share that love, and emulate it, by giving it away. The only love you get to keep is that which you have given away completely.

1PeaceMaker

I love the way my husband puts God and other people's(including his family) needs above everything else. He is the most handsome man on the planet, too. ;)

He is a good father and a passionate advocate of the gospel. :up:

drbrumley

Originally posted by wickwoman

I love my husband because, despite pressure from his overly conservative work environment, he surprises me by slipping a check to the Human Rights Campaign in our mail. He's a closet liberal and what makes him so is his love for our neice who is gay.

He is somewhat uncomfortable with the idea of homosexuality, especially among males, but he knows the difference between feeling uncomfortable and being full of hatred. He loves all persons equally regardless of their sexual orientation. That's what makes him so lovable to me.

http://www.theologyonline.com/photopost/showphoto.php?photo=1063&sort=1&cat=all&page=1

That was very nice thing about your husband.

Unfortunately you classify us as haters in your own stupidity. But hey, it's ok to screw the same sex because it it soooooooooo natural. We don't love them enough to just leave them alone. Wonder if this same argument of yours holds up under principals.

Your child wants to play around cliffs. There's a big dropoff and you know it's dangerous. So to WickWoman, don't say anything to the child because if you do, you hate the child. That's pretty wacky Wick. But under your philosiphy, this is exactly what you say on principal.

Aimiel

Thank God for all the 'straight' people on this planet. After seeing some of the shows on TV (several seconds at a time, only long enough to identify the context) nowadays, I know we have so much to be so thankful for. The most offensive thing on TV today is an effeminate male character, whether they're queer or just acting, it is really disturbing. Thank God for His Goodness, shown in the lives of those who are 'straight.'

Lucky

Hall of Fame
Re: Final Day of Straight Pride Month

Originally posted by cattyfan

Help celebrate by posting what you treasure most about your straight mate
There's just something about the way she's so... nonexistent. :doh:

the Sibbie

I love my husband for his strong bold faith and love for God. He's also even tempered, intelligent and knows how to have a good time. I've never had any gentleman open as many doors for me as he has. :kiss:

the Sibbie

Re: Final Day of Straight Pride Month

Originally posted by cattyfan

HURRY UP AND GET YOUR MATE LUCKY BEFORE THEY'RE ALL SOLD OUT! :p

Zakath

Resident Atheist
Originally posted by Knight

Then you must be asserting that I am not shallow. Thank you!
A really obscure compliment is a bit like religion, everyone can get out of it what they want.

:chuckle:

the Sibbie

Originally posted by Knight

Then you must be asserting that I am not shallow. Thank you!
That must be what he means since I can testify to the fact that your wife is a very beautiful and graceful woman. :thumb:

Aimiel

A crafty atheist might think up clever defenses for his un-belief, instead of always hiding behind innuendo and heresay. I hate to think what a counseling session with you might be like. I don't think that you've dealt with your own issues, and you think you're qualified to advise others in the affairs of their life?