Favorite Movies

Danoh

Here are two great ones - the hilarious "What About Bob" and the enlightening "Ground Hog Day," both starring Bill Murray.

In the first, Bill plays one heck of a pesky mental patient against the ever great, Richard Dreyfuss' psychiatrist.

In the latter, Bill plays a guy who keeps waking up to find he is starting the same day all over again.

Oh, and Midnight Run, starring Charles Grodin and Robert DeNiro.

Grodin plays an accountant on the lam from Mob boss, the late great Dennis Farina. The same Mob boss who ruined former cop turned Bounty Hunter, DeNiro's career as a cop. Grodin's funny man to DeNiro's serious street cop is a riot.

Hilarious movies from start to finish.

patrick jane

BANNED
Banned
Here are two great ones - the hilarious "What About Bob" and the enlightening "Ground Hog Day," both starring Bill Murray.

In the first, Bill plays one heck of a pesky mental patient against the ever great, Richard Dreyfuss' psychiatrist.

In the latter, Bill plays a guy who keeps waking up to find he is starting the same day all over again.

Oh, and Midnight Run, starring Charles Grodin and Robert DeNiro.

Grodin plays an accountant on the lam from Mob boss, the late great Dennis Farina. The same Mob boss who ruined former cop turned Bounty Hunter, DeNiro's career as a cop. Grodin's funny man to DeNiro's serious street cop is a riot.

Hilarious movies from start to finish.

Midnight Run is my favorite -
View attachment 23550
View attachment 23549

Danoh

Two really great Mob movies (and without violence - who've thought that was possible) are Dinner Rush starring Danny Aiello, and Things Change, starring William H. Macey, Joe Montegna, and the ever superb, Don Amiche.

Both have very surprising endings.

You a neh-vah go nah no awhut you gonna get; if a you - - - a dohn na try..."

john w

Hall of Fame
"Trading Places."

Billy Ray Valentine: "Okay, pork belly prices have been dropping all morning, which means that everybody is waiting for it to hit rock bottom, so they can buy low. Which means that the people who own the pork belly contracts are saying, 'Hey, we're losing all our damn money, and Christmas is around the corner, and I ain't gonna have no money to buy my son the G.I. Joe with the kung-fu grip! And my wife ain't gonna... my wife ain't gonna make love to me if I got no money!' So they're panicking right now, they're screaming 'SELL! SELL!' to get out before the price keeps dropping. They're panicking out there right now, I can feel it."

Louis: "Looking good, Billy Ray!"
Billy Ray: "Feeling good, Louis!"

Nihilo

BANNED
Banned
"Trading Places."

Billy Ray Valentine: "Okay, pork belly prices have been dropping all morning, which means that everybody is waiting for it to hit rock bottom, so they can buy low. Which means that the people who own the pork belly contracts are saying, 'Hey, we're losing all our damn money, and Christmas is around the corner, and I ain't gonna have no money to buy my son the G.I. Joe with the kung-fu grip! And my wife ain't gonna... my wife ain't gonna make love to me if I got no money!' So they're panicking right now, they're screaming 'SELL! SELL!' to get out before the price keeps dropping. They're panicking out there right now, I can feel it."

Louis: "Looking good, Billy Ray!"
Billy Ray: "Feeling good, Louis!"
You win. :chuckle:

Town Heretic

Out of Order
Hall of Fame
Favorites...

Westerns: The Searchers, Open Range, Unforgiven, Shane, Red River, Stagecoach

Comedies: Bringing Up Baby, Ghostbusters, Monty Python's Holy Grail, Spinal Tap, Duck Soup, The General

Rom. Com: His Girl Friday, Sleepless in Seattle, What's Up Doc, Moonstruck

Science Fiction: Blade Runner, 2001, Star Wars, E.T.

Adventure: Raiders of the Lost Ark, Beau Geste, North by Northwest

Film Noir: The Maltese Falcon, Touch of Evil, Strangers on a Train, Night of the Hunter, Out of the Past, Notorious

Epic: Lawrence of Arabia, Ben Hur, Spartacus, Reds

War: Patton, Sgt. York, Apocalypse Now, Bridge on the River Kwai, Shindler's List, The Longest Day, Henry V, Casablanca

Legal: To Kill a Mockingbird, 12 Angry Men, A Few Good Men, The Verdict

Fantasy: Wizard of Oz, Lord of the Rings, Field of Dreams, Groundhog Day

Christmas: It's a Wonderful Life, Miracle on 34th Street

Ye olde period pieces: A Man for All Seasons, The Lion in Winter

Catch all: Singing in the Rain, The King and I, The Godfather, Mr. Smith Goes to Washington, Duck Soup, Shawshank, Pulp Fiction, The Sixth Sense, We're No Angels

A sampling at any rate. Leaving out a lot of modern stuff and, I'm sure, a number of my favorites that aren't occurring to me at present.

Danoh

You missed more than a Genre or two - Buddy movies - like 48 Hours (Murphy/Nolte), Spy flicks like Bond, Bourne, etc.

Biographies and Docudramas and others.

And of course, crime of crimes; you left out Martial Arts classics like Five Fingers of Death; and Kung Fu Hustle.

All forgivable- but to leave out Fist of Fury (Bruce Lee) now that I cannot overlook, lol

No one, not even DeNiro at his best, has been able to capture express the all out fury of a hurrican in a human being like the late Bruce Lee!

Man o man, that movie's last fight scene; that rage that comes pouring out of him as he does that bad guy in - sheer poetry...r.i.p. Bruce...

Town Heretic

Out of Order
Hall of Fame
You missed more than a Genre or two - Buddy movies - like 48 Hours (Murphy/Nolte), Spy flicks like Bond, Bourne, etc.
Gratsi. Midnight Run, Beverly Hills Cop, 48 Hrs., Lethal Weapon, Silver Streak, Fear and Loathing in Las Vegas, Planes, Trains and Automobiles, The Road to Morocco, Grumpy Old Men, Shawshank (again), Butch Cassidy and the Sunset Kid, The Sting

To be cont.