ECT Faith + Obedience = Salvation?

God's Truth

GOD gave David an earthly throne and earthly kingdom to rule over.
As scripture that I gave say, it is God's kingdom.

GOD did not give David His heavenly throne.

He gave David rule over His kingdom, just as the scripture I gave SAYS.

GOD's heavenly throne and kingdom never fell and needed restoration.

Jesus is the Savior.

David's earthly throne and kingdom did.
And it is the earthly throne and kingdom of Christ's earthly father, David, in which Christ will occupy (not Christ's heavenly father) that scripture promises will be restored and Christ will rule from.

Luke 1:32-33 KJV
(32) He shall be great, and shall be called the Son of the Highest: and the Lord God shall give unto him the throne of his father David:
(33) And he shall reign over the house of Jacob for ever; and of his kingdom there shall be no end.
Luke 1:32-33 KJV
(32) He shall be great, and shall be called the Son of the Highest: and the Lord God shall give unto him the throne of his father David:
(33) And he shall reign over the house of Jacob for ever; and of his kingdom there shall be no end.

CLUE: David is not Christ's heavenly Father.

Two different fathers (one heavenly, one earthly), two different thrones (one heavenly, one earthly).

Jesus EXPLAINS that it IS about the heavenly:

Matthew 22:42 “What do you think about the Christ? Whose son is He?" “David’s,” they answered. 43Jesus said to them, “How then does David taught by the Spirit call Him Lord? For he says: 44‘The Lord said to my Lord, “Sit at My right hand, until I put Your enemies under Your feet.”’

SimpleMan77

If obedience isn't a requirement, take most of what Paul wrote and throw it away.
God commands perfection. When we are honestly trying to do what we know to do, grace makes up the difference between us and perfection. When we realize our shortcomings, we repent, and His blood cleanses us. If we choose to sin, "there remaineth no more sacrifice for sins". We'll never be "perfect", but Paul sums up the perfection God is looking for:
Philippians 3:13-16 Brethren, I count not myself to have apprehended: but this one thing I do, forgetting those things which are behind, and reaching forth unto those things which are before, I press toward the mark for the prize of the high calling of God in Christ Jesus. Let us therefore, as many as be perfect, be thus minded: and if in any thing ye be otherwise minded, God shall reveal even this unto you. Nevertheless, whereto we have already attained, let us walk by the same rule, let us mind the same thing.
Paul said perfection is pressing for the mark of the prize of the high calling of God in Christ Jesus, walking to the best of our ability according to the measure we have attained to in God.

Sent from my iPhone using TOL

Cross Reference

The pure in heart will be those called the "manchild" in Rev 12. They are those who have the distinction of being the "Body of Christ".

Danoh

If obedience isn't a requirement, take most of what Paul wrote and throw it away.
God commands perfection. When we are honestly trying to do what we know to do, grace makes up the difference between us and perfection. When we realize our shortcomings, we repent, and His blood cleanses us. If we choose to sin, "there remaineth no more sacrifice for sins". We'll never be "perfect", but Paul sums up the perfection God is looking for:
Philippians 3:13-16 Brethren, I count not myself to have apprehended: but this one thing I do, forgetting those things which are behind, and reaching forth unto those things which are before, I press toward the mark for the prize of the high calling of God in Christ Jesus. Let us therefore, as many as be perfect, be thus minded: and if in any thing ye be otherwise minded, God shall reveal even this unto you. Nevertheless, whereto we have already attained, let us walk by the same rule, let us mind the same thing.
Paul said perfection is pressing for the mark of the prize of the high calling of God in Christ Jesus, walking to the best of our ability according to the measure we have attained to in God.

Sent from my iPhone using TOL

Hear out the following for at least its' first ten minutes, or so...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6LQTsjaDGF4&app=desktop

Patrick Cronin

The only means, you can have of knowing that Calvinism is the whole and the only gospel, is from your personal interpretation of the Scriptures. You yourself say that it is only your private opinion, so how can you make such a categorical statement? You only have your own intellect to discover that the scriptures as a whole, teach Calvinism. Calvinism began to be preached in the 16th century. It differs substantially from the teaching of the early fathers of the Church and of all the previous Christian teachers since the time of the Apostles. Are they saved in your opinion? If so this means that Calvinism is not the only way to salvation. If they are not saved, you are condemning as lost, all those millions of Christians who, down the centuries faithfully followed Christ sometimes even to the point of dying for their faith! You need more than your opinion because you have proved that individual interpretation of the Scriptures clearly does not lead to the truth!

Cross Reference

Nang believes "Jesus did it all" and therefore she can continue to live like the world.

You believe that as well don't you, Right Divider?

Cross Reference

In all His glory?

Sounds very much like a demotion to me, considering the majestic throne He sits upon right now.

The glorified Jesus sits at the right hand of God, His Father, Who presently sits on the the Throne.

You really don't want to argue that, do you?