ECT Faith + Obedience = Salvation?

God's Truth

Yeah. Not a one of those verses say David's throne.

David's throne is a throne over Israel.

That is God's kingdom.

The Israelites didn't want God to be King over them, they wanted a man, so God gave them Saul, and the David.

So Jesus is sitting on David's throne, which is God's throne.

1 Samuel 8:6, 7 1 Samuel 8:19 1 Chronicles 28:5 Ezekiel 21:25 Isaiah 16:5

steko

LIFETIME MEMBER
That's pretty much a given around here.

Both these statements belong in, 'sayings and catch phrases', because they don't add up to a hill of beans.

Bean hills require lots of individual beans and the higher they are, the more beans are required 'cause they keep rolling down and somebody has to keep propping them up but they keep sliding back down and, and... I'm tired of thinking about this.

Eagles Wings

Bean hills require lots of individual beans and the higher they are, the more beans are required 'cause they keep rolling down and somebody has to keep propping them up but they keep sliding back down and, and... I'm tired of thinking about this.
Oh no, not you again.

:spam:

Alert!

God's Truth

Great verses. Are those verses from the gospel period? Are we not living in the age of grace?

Jesus came with grace.

John 1:17 For the law was given through Moses; grace and truth came through Jesus Christ.

Jesus came to earth and taught us the guidelines for the new covenant, and then he shed his blood for that new covenant. He did not die and then nullify what he came and taught. Believe Jesus when he says why do you call me Lord and do not do what he says. Believe Jesus when he says it is not those who say with their mouth "Jesus is Lord", but it is to those who do what God says to do.

People misunderstand Paul. That is what Peter says. What was Peter speaking about specifically that people misunderstand Paul? According to that chapter in which Peter speaks, there is no other conclusion but to understand that Peter was speaking about people who think Paul is saying we are saved only by faith, just read how Peter says people misunderstand Paul---and then he warns us to obey. See 2 Peter 3:16, and 17.

The works of the law that no longer save are the purification/ceremonial works. Those are the righteous works that used to sanctify/justify/clean. Now only faith in Jesus' blood sanctifies/justifies/cleans.

That does not mean we no longer have to obey, it only means we no longer have to get circumcised and offer animals for a sacrifice.

turbosixx

That passage that you site is completely misunderstood by those that want to make it "just a spiritual kingdom"

When considered in the light of the other passage where Jesus describes the kingdom, I can see how that conclusion can be made. It would really help me to understand your perspective if you could point out a passage for me to consider where Jesus describes the kingdom and it’s physical.
For example, here is another one that sounds like the church.
Matt. 13:24 He put another parable before them, saying, "The kingdom of heaven may be compared to a man who sowed good seed in his field, 25 but while his men were sleeping, his enemy came and sowed weeds among the wheat and went away. 26 So when the plants came up and bore grain, then the weeds appeared also. 27 And the servants of the master of the house came and said to him, 'Master, did you not sow good seed in your field? How then does it have weeds?' 28 He said to them, 'An enemy has done this.' So the servants said to him, 'Then do you want us to go and gather them?' 29 But he said, 'No, lest in gathering the weeds you root up the wheat along with them. 30 Let both grow together until the harvest, and at harvest time I will tell the reapers, "Gather the weeds first and bind them in bundles to be burned, but gather the wheat into my barn."'

The reason that Jesus told them that the kingdom was "in the midst of you" is because HE is the KING of the coming kingdom.
I agree, Jesus is the king of the kingdom. I would suggest that the kingdom God wants isn’t like the one man wants. Consider the very first kingdom of God's people before Saul, God ruling from heaven. That is how God wanted it but the people wanted to be like other nations.
1 Sam. 8:7 And the Lord said to Samuel, "Obey the voice of the people in all that they say to you, for they have not rejected you, but they have rejected me from being king over them.

Note that one or two pet verses does NOT cancel ALL of the numerous prophecies regarding the physical kingdom throughout the scriptures of the prophets.

I don’t see any of the prophecies being cancelled but fulfilled. I understand them to be talking about the establishment of the church.
Acts 3:22 Moses said, 'The Lord God will raise up for you a prophet like me from your brothers. You shall listen to him in whatever he tells you. 23 And it shall be that every soul who does not listen to that prophet shall be destroyed from the people.' 24 And all the prophets who have spoken, from Samuel and those who came after him, also proclaimed these days.

This is just like Isaiah said that it would be:

Isa 60:11-12 (AKJV/PCE)
(60:11) Therefore thy gates shall be open continually; they shall not be shut day nor night; that [men] may bring unto thee the forces of the Gentiles, and [that] their kings [may be] brought. (60:12) For the nation and kingdom that will not serve thee shall perish; yea, [those] nations shall be utterly wasted.
Do you believe the prophecies to be literal, figurative or a combination? For example, would you call this literal?
Isa. 60:6 A multitude of camels shall cover you,
the young camels of Midian and Ephah;
all those from Sheba shall come.
They shall bring gold and frankincense,
and shall bring good news, the praises of the Lord.
7 All the flocks of Kedar shall be gathered to you;
the rams of Nebaioth shall minister to you;
they shall come up with acceptance on my altar,
and I will beautify my beautiful house.

Tambora

Get your armor ready!
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
David's throne is a throne over Israel.

That is God's kingdom.

The Israelites didn't want God to be King over them, they wanted a man, so God gave them Saul, and the David.

So Jesus is sitting on David's throne, which is God's throne.

1 Samuel 8:6, 7 1 Samuel 8:19 1 Chronicles 28:5 Ezekiel 21:25 Isaiah 16:5
GOD gave David an earthly throne and earthly kingdom to rule over.
GOD did not give David His heavenly throne.
GOD's heavenly throne and kingdom never fell and needed restoration.
David's earthly throne and kingdom did.
And it is the earthly throne and kingdom of Christ's earthly father, David, in which Christ will occupy (not Christ's heavenly father) that scripture promises will be restored and Christ will rule from.

Luke 1:32-33 KJV
(32) He shall be great, and shall be called the Son of the Highest: and the Lord God shall give unto him the throne of his father David:
(33) And he shall reign over the house of Jacob for ever; and of his kingdom there shall be no end.
Luke 1:32-33 KJV
(32) He shall be great, and shall be called the Son of the Highest: and the Lord God shall give unto him the throne of his father David:
(33) And he shall reign over the house of Jacob for ever; and of his kingdom there shall be no end.

CLUE: David is not Christ's heavenly Father.

Two different fathers (one heavenly, one earthly), two different thrones (one heavenly, one earthly).

Right Divider

Body part
When considered in the light of the other passage where Jesus describes the kingdom, I can see how that conclusion can be made. It would really help me to understand your perspective if you could point out a passage for me to consider where Jesus describes the kingdom and it’s physical.
For example, here is another one that sounds like the church.
Matt. 13:24 He put another parable before them, saying, "The kingdom of heaven may be compared to a man who sowed good seed in his field, 25 but while his men were sleeping, his enemy came and sowed weeds among the wheat and went away. 26 So when the plants came up and bore grain, then the weeds appeared also. 27 And the servants of the master of the house came and said to him, 'Master, did you not sow good seed in your field? How then does it have weeds?' 28 He said to them, 'An enemy has done this.' So the servants said to him, 'Then do you want us to go and gather them?' 29 But he said, 'No, lest in gathering the weeds you root up the wheat along with them. 30 Let both grow together until the harvest, and at harvest time I will tell the reapers, "Gather the weeds first and bind them in bundles to be burned, but gather the wheat into my barn."'
Since your mind is made up, there will be no persuading you.

I agree, Jesus is the king of the kingdom. I would suggest that the kingdom God wants isn’t like the one man wants. Consider the very first kingdom of God's people before Saul, God ruling from heaven. That is how God wanted it but the people wanted to be like other nations.
1 Sam. 8:7 And the Lord said to Samuel, "Obey the voice of the people in all that they say to you, for they have not rejected you, but they have rejected me from being king over them.
God came to earth. That same God/Man the LORD Jesus Christ will rule from a throne on the earth.

Throughout the law and the prophets this has been told. I guess that during the LORD's time on earth that He did not confirm this to your satisfaction.

I don’t see any of the prophecies being cancelled but fulfilled. I understand them to be talking about the establishment of the church.
Acts 3:22 Moses said, 'The Lord God will raise up for you a prophet like me from your brothers. You shall listen to him in whatever he tells you. 23 And it shall be that every soul who does not listen to that prophet shall be destroyed from the people.' 24 And all the prophets who have spoken, from Samuel and those who came after him, also proclaimed these days.
Since you seem to believe that there can only be one church, I can see why you will never accept anything else.

Do you believe the prophecies to be literal, figurative or a combination? For example, would you call this literal?
Isa. 60:6 A multitude of camels shall cover you,
the young camels of Midian and Ephah;
all those from Sheba shall come.
They shall bring gold and frankincense,
and shall bring good news, the praises of the Lord.
7 All the flocks of Kedar shall be gathered to you;
the rams of Nebaioth shall minister to you;
they shall come up with acceptance on my altar,
and I will beautify my beautiful house.
There are BOTH literal and figurative. But even the figurative point to something literal.