Eyewitness Testimony

Gary K

Banned
No. But it it appears you do.
How is that? You think because I made a rhetorical statement I'm a gambler? I've always thought it was a sure way to lose money. You go into any gambling joint and you know the odds are against you.

Gary K

Banned
No. By your behavior of casually making light of it, you show that you don't take it seriously that gambling is sinful.
How is a rhetorical statement making light of gambling? Just because it does it in a different way than you would? Because I don't rant and rave about it?

Let me tell you another story about myself. When I was in the first grade my old man was a Parchesi fanatic. He'd been reading about how evil gambling is so he comes out one night with a spinner and tells us we re not going to play with dice anymore because that was gambling. In his defense he had learned to speak English when he started school and had not gotten past the eighth grade because he had to go to work to support his family as both his parents were alkies.

I objected because 7s, 11s, and doubles were an integral part of the game. I told him I was no longer interested in playing because it wasn't going to be fun any more. He said, you're going to play. I said no I'm not. He started getting mad at what he saw as intransigence on my part and pretty soon he put me over his knew and spanked me. I still said no. so he spanked me a few more times and then went and got his favorite belt. It was made of metal and very flexible and only about 3/8ths of an inch wide. He used that on me and then asked me if I was going to play. I was standing there crying in frustration and rage and yelled NO. He used it on my again and asked one more time. I still refused so he took me over to the door of the trailer we lived in and shoved me outside after telling me I was spending the night outside.

That trailer had a wrinkled glass window in the door and I could see the shadow of him standing there but I was so full of rage I didn't care. I stood there and screamed at him that I hated him again and again and again. He finally opened the door and asked, what did you say? I realized I'd get whipped half to death if I told him I hated him again so I said nothing. He laughed and closed the door. His only purpose was to humiliate me.

I tell you that story to demonstrate how important truth is to me. You can believe or disbelieve it, it really doesn't matter to me, but it was important to me that you know. So mock me all you wish it just doesn't matter to me as I've been through far worse than anything you can do to me. My old man treated me like that until I got married at 28.

7djengo7

This space intentionally left blank
How is a rhetorical statement making light of gambling?
I never called what you said "a rhetorical statement". What do you mean by calling what you said "a rhetorical statement"?

You said:
If I had any money, I'd be willing to bet
How is your telling us that you'd be willing to commit the sin of gambling rhetorical?
Let me tell you another story about myself.
LOL, nah. Saying things like that, you're starting to remind me a little of Heath Ledger's Joker.

Gary K

Banned
I never called what you said "a rhetorical statement". What do you mean by calling what you said "a rhetorical statement"?

You said:

How is your telling us that you'd be willing to commit the sin of gambling rhetorical?

LOL, nah. Saying things like that, you're starting to remind me a little of Heath Ledger's Joker.
It's obvious you don't believe me so we'll just go our own ways.

7djengo7

Like I said, you wonder why people don't stick around in such a friendly forum.
What are you even talking about? Your words there do not even resemble a description of anything I wonder about.

One thing I wonder about is why you keep getting onto TOL and making posts, seeing as you are constantly, hysterically complaining that you are being attacked.

Jaz

BANNED
Banned
I've again had to remove 7djengo7 from this discussion. He is only here to try to show us how 'smart' he is, but I haven't yet seen any indication that he has any scripture knowledge or interesting feedback or input.

Jaz

BANNED
Banned
In my previous posting, I was trying to get you to consider only what I wrote. I specified my experience that would have verified my age, and I specified that I worked for Los Alamos National Laboratory as their Investigations manager. As a chemical engineer and an investigations manager, anybody could use that research and dig in deeper to find that there is only one person that fulfills this identity out of all the people who ever lived.

We had four authors of documentation of Jesus. The documentation of Jesus is worthless unless it is eyewitness testimony. There are only three (I say four) inner circle disciples of Jesus that witnessed everything he did. There are numerous accounts of events that are described that only those three disciples, Peter, James, and John were present for. If they are valid testimony they had to come from one of those three disciples. The key to determining the identity to is compare the three versions and look for eyewitness details. Eyewitness details are bits of information that only an eyewitness would provide. If you make up a story, you don't tell someone that the light was flashing red, or that the car sped off and spun in a circle. If you examine accounts and compare them to each other you will find eyewitness details in the accounts--indicating that they had to come from separate people. Although some information was copied, there are eyewitness details presented. Incidentally there are valid reasons for copying and there are valid reasons for some accounts not being addressed by all gospels.

7djengo7

I've again had to remove 7djengo7 from this discussion.
What is that supposed to mean?
My best guess is that @Jaz is under some delusion so as to imagine that, by using the "Ignore" function on my posts, he/she has prevented me from posting in this thread:
I also see a place where I can ignore you, therefore in the interest of keeping this conversation of value I'll try it out.
But surely he/she couldn't be that dumb, if Los Alamos National Laboratory employed him/her "as their Investigations manager":
I worked for Los Alamos National Laboratory as their Investigations manager.

Last edited:

JudgeRightly

裁判官が正しく判断する
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Gold Subscriber
People are quick to spam and say "prove it what you claim," and this is a valid thought and request. However, when I respond and tell people to prove to me that Matthew, Mark, and Luke wrote the gospels I'm attacked as an idiot, yet nobody attempts to provide proof. Why don't they provide proof -- because none exists for those authors. People are willing to die by their belief that the authors are Matthew, Mark, and Luke--yet there is no evidence to support them as authors--it's all been a story created by false teachers--this is addressed in my second book.

You ignored what I posted.

Here it is again:

How about the fact that they're called "Matthew" "Mark" and "Luke."

Luke wrote Luke, and he also wrote Acts.

. . .

. . .

I have given you evidence that those four men wrote their respective books.

Now it's your turn, present witnesses that corroborate your claims, please.