Everyone Will Die For His Own Sin

Zeke

How is that death demonstrated?

He is asleep/dead in you right now yet you look every where except there Luke 17:20-21, come on prodigal wake up no man ascends who didn't descend from heaven. Galatians 4:1-5. Two births two siblings within you the first shall be last and the last shall be first Galatians 4:20-28.

jamie

LIFETIME MEMBER
I mean dead to my old self, the way I was before I knew God. That life is gone and I'm living my life by the will of God now, following Jesus.

So how does that demonstrate being born of the Spirit into a supernatural body?

marhig

You are as bad as daqq! You do your best to undermine the meaning of the Cross every chance that you can. Do you really think that anyone can be saved if the Lord Jesus did not die on the Cross?
Was our Lord Jesus saving before he died on the cross?

Do you not know that no one can be justified in the eyes of the LORD apart from the Lord Jesus' death?:

"Much more then, being now justified by his blood, we shall be saved from wrath through him" (Ro.5:9).​

You're looking at his natural blood, I'm looking at his spiritual blood, there is a natural and a spiritual. His spiritual blood is his life poured out for us, and to be covered on his blood we need his life within! The life is in the blood!

You claim to be a Christian but the Lord Jesus speaks of you here:

"This people draweth nigh unto me with their mouth, and honoureth me with their lips; but their heart is far from me"
(Mt.15:8).​

Your heart is a million miles away from Him.

Be careful how you judge Jerry, you don't know me or my life. I don't believe as you do, but I don't judge you either, only God knows your heart.

Jerry Shugart

I mean dead to my old self, the way I was before I knew God. That life is gone and I'm living my life by the will of God now, following Jesus.

That is not the death spoken of here:

"Know ye not, that so many of us as were baptized into Jesus Christ were baptized into his death?"
(Ro.6:3).​

This is that death:

"And being found in fashion as a man, he humbled himself, and became obedient unto death, even the death OF the cross"
(Phil.2:8).​

marhig

So how does that demonstrate being born of the Spirit into a supernatural body?
I believe that we are born of the flesh when we come out of the womb, and this flesh is sinful, it's what Satan has control of, as babies we are innocent, but sin grows as we do, the more we let in, the stronger hold on us the flesh and Satan has. This is what we are to die to.

Once we truly repent, we are then to turn from sin, and in Gods time when he is ready, through Christ, God blesses us with the Holy Spirit, it is then that we are born of God, and we are born anew in the Spirit. And we then walk in the spirit and not in the flesh, we obey God and live by his will, and we turn from sin, and the works that God does within our hearts, we carry out in our lives.

As for myself, I'm a totally different person to what I was before I knew God. And I feel free, my life had changed and I'm feel peace in my heart like I've never known. And I know that God is with me and helping me every day to overcome my flesh and the things I loved once, mean nothing to me anymore. They are dead to me, thanks be to God and Christ.

Last edited:

marhig

"Know ye not, that so many of us as were baptized into Jesus Christ were baptized into his death?"

This is that death:

"And being found in fashion as a man, he humbled himself, and became obedient unto death, even the death OF the cross"

Where does it say there that the death on the cross saves us?

And yes I'm baptised to his death, I'm dying daily to my flesh as Jesus did. "Not my will but thy will be done" and as he overcame the world, he is helping me to do the same through the Spirit

God's Truth

Where does it say there that the death on the cross saves us?

And yes I'm baptised to his death, I'm dying daily to my flesh as Jesus did. "Not my will but thy will be done" and as he overcame the world, he is helping me to do the same through the Spirit

It is not dying daily to obey. I died and now live.

Paul was an apostle and was actually, literally, dying daily. Paul was physically in danger of death, daily.

marhig

This is that death:

2 Corinthians 4

For God, who commanded the light to shine out of darkness, hath shined in our hearts, to give the light of the knowledge of the glory of God in the face of Jesus Christ. But we have this treasure in earthen vessels, that the excellency of the power may be of God, and not of us. We are troubled on every side, yet not distressed; we are perplexed, but not in despair; Persecuted, but not forsaken; cast down, but not destroyed; Always bearing about in the body the dying of the Lord Jesus, that the life also of Jesus might be made manifest in our body.

For we which live are alway delivered unto death for Jesus' sake, that the life also of Jesus might be made manifest in our mortal flesh. So then death worketh in us, but life in you. We having the same spirit of faith, according as it is written, I believed, and therefore have I spoken; we also believe, and therefore speak

God's Truth

2 Corinthians 4

For God, who commanded the light to shine out of darkness, hath shined in our hearts, to give the light of the knowledge of the glory of God in the face of Jesus Christ. But we have this treasure in earthen vessels, that the excellency of the power may be of God, and not of us. We are troubled on every side, yet not distressed; we are perplexed, but not in despair; Persecuted, but not forsaken; cast down, but not destroyed; Always bearing about in the body the dying of the Lord Jesus, that the life also of Jesus might be made manifest in our body.

For we which live are alway delivered unto death for Jesus' sake, that the life also of Jesus might be made manifest in our mortal flesh. So then death worketh in us, but life in you. We having the same spirit of faith, according as it is written, I believed, and therefore have I spoken; we also believe, and therefore speak
2 Corinthians 11:26
I have been constantly on the move. I have been in danger from rivers, in danger from bandits, in danger from my fellow Jews, in danger from Gentiles; in danger in the city, in danger in the country, in danger at sea; and in danger from false believers.

marhig

It is not dying daily to obey. I died and now live.

Paul was an apostle and was actually, literally, dying daily. Paul was physically in danger of death, daily.
Do you have to obey God every day GT? Do you have to turn from sin and say no, even though your flesh wants to do it? Do you stand there and think, "I can't do that it's wrong before God"?

God's Truth

Do you have to obey God every day GT? Do you have to turn from sin and say no, even though your flesh wants to do it? Do you stand there and think, "I can't do that it's wrong before God"?

I died to sin and have been raised to live a new life in Christ.

Romans 6:4 We were therefore buried with him through baptism into death in order that, just as Christ was raised from the dead through the glory of the Father, we too may live a new life.

marhig

2 Corinthians 11:26
I have been constantly on the move. I have been in danger from rivers, in danger from bandits, in danger from my fellow Jews, in danger from Gentiles; in danger in the city, in danger in the country, in danger at sea; and in danger from false believers.
That's not dying daily GT

Jerry Shugart

You're looking at his natural blood, I'm looking at his spiritual blood, there is a natural and a spiritual. His spiritual blood is his life poured out for us, and to be covered on his blood we need his life within! The life is in the blood!

On the Cross the Lord Jesus experience both a spiritual death and a physical death. in the Scriptures the word "blood" is used symbolically of both of those deaths. But you dent that his death on the Cross saved anyone:

It wasn't the death of Jesus on the cross that saves us, it's being reconciled to God through him by the power of the spirit, and by his ministry of reconciliation, by the word of truth. As you say, his words are Spirit and they are life.

You deny that the death of the Lord Jesus saves despite that the following verse is speaking about that death:

"Much more then, being now justified by his blood, we shall be saved from wrath through him"
(Ro.5:9).​

Be careful how you judge Jerry, you don't know me or my life. I don't believe as you do, but I don't judge you either, only God knows your heart.

I don't judge your life but your teaching. And from what you say I cannot believe that you actually believe the saving gospel of grace, that believers are "justified freely by his grace through the redemption that is in Christ Jesus" (Ro.3:24).

Here Peter speaks of that redemption:

"Forasmuch as ye know that ye were not redeemed with corruptible things, as silver and gold, from your vain conversation received by tradition from your fathers; But with the precious blood of Christ, as of a lamb without blemish and without spot" (1 Pet.1:18-19).​

Your theology is a denial of the gospel of the grace of God. You do not have faith in His blood so you do not receive the benefits of his death:

"God presented Christ as a sacrifice of atonement, through the shedding of his blood—to be received by faith"
(Ro.3:25).​

God's Truth

Do you have to obey God every day GT? Do you have to turn from sin and say no,
Sin has no more hold on me. I hate what is evil and cling to what is good.

I am not a baby Christian, and Satan will flee from those who submit to God. I still am on guard, however, for Satan is roaming around.

even though your flesh wants to do it?
My flesh does not want to do sin.

Do you stand there and think, "I can't do that it's wrong before God"?

I don't consider doing sin.

marhig

I died to sin and have been raised to live a new life in Christ.

Romans 6:4 We were therefore buried with him through baptism into death in order that, just as Christ was raised from the dead through the glory of the Father, we too may live a new life.

Buried in the baptism of his death means that we have to die to self as he was dead to the flesh, so that we can be alive in God. Raised from death to life, to a new life in a new and living way, obeying God, living by his will and following Jesus.

Do you know what this means

2 Corinthians 3

Who also hath made us able ministers of the new testament; not of the letter, but of the spirit: for the letter killeth, but the spirit giveth life.

God's Truth

Buried in the baptism of his death means that we have to die to self as he was dead to the flesh, so that we can be alive in God. Raised from death to life, to a new life in a new and living way, obeying God, living by his will and following Jesus.

Do you know what this means

2 Corinthians 3

Who also hath made us able ministers of the new testament; not of the letter, but of the spirit: for the letter killeth, but the spirit giveth life.

Do you know what living is?

marhig

Sin has no more hold on me. I hate what is evil and cling to what is good.

I am not a baby Christian, and Satan will flee from those who submit to God. I still am on guard, however, for Satan is roaming around.

My flesh does not want to do sin.

I don't consider doing sin.
Oh right, no I do still sin, but hopefully not wilfully, and John said this

1 John 1

If we say that we have no sin, we deceive ourselves, and the truth is not in us.*If we confess our sins, he is faithful and just to forgive us*our*sins, and to cleanse us from all unrighteousness.If we say that we have not sinned, we make him a liar, and his word is not in us.

marhig

On the Cross the Lord Jesus experience both a spiritual death and a physical death. in the Scriptures the word "blood" is used symbolically of both of those deaths. But you dent that his death on the Cross saved anyone:

You deny that the death of the Lord Jesus saves despite that the following verse is speaking about that death:

"Much more then, being now justified by his blood, we shall be saved from wrath through him"
(Ro.5:9).​

I don't judge your life but your teaching. And from what you say I cannot believe that you actually believe the saving gospel of grace, that believers are "justified freely by his grace through the redemption that is in Christ Jesus" (Ro.3:24).

Here Peter speaks of that redemption:

"Forasmuch as ye know that ye were not redeemed with corruptible things, as silver and gold, from your vain conversation received by tradition from your fathers; But with the precious blood of Christ, as of a lamb without blemish and without spot" (1 Pet.1:18-19).​

Your theology is a denial of the gospel of the grace of God. You do not have faith in His blood so you do not receive the benefits of his death:

"God presented Christ as a sacrifice of atonement, through the shedding of his blood—to be received by faith"
(Ro.3:25).​
Jesus never ever died spiritually Jerry, never.