Ever get irritated seeing the rich get away with stuff you & I can't?

lighthouse99

I do. Hillary can do just about anything, tell just about any lie, and boy, has she told some WHOPPERS!

and because she is rich and famous, she just keeps getting away with it. Ditto one of the R candidates who thinks he never sins (He said something tantamount to that recently)

Anyway, fear not, Little Flock, there will be Justice some day.
It may not be tomorrow, may not be next year, but some day, we really will meet the Great Equalizer. There really will be perfect justice some day. Hopefully you give up all your sins so that you won't get justice in a, um, bad way :( :shocked:

:luigi:

commonsense

I do. Hillary can do just about anything, tell just about any lie, and boy, has she told some WHOPPERS!

and because she is rich and famous, she just keeps getting away with it. Ditto one of the R candidates who thinks he never sins (He said something tantamount to that recently)

It may not be tomorrow, may not be next year, but some day, we really will meet the Great Equalizer. There really will be perfect justice some day. Hopefully you give up all your sins so that you won't get justice in a, um, bad way :( :shocked:

Come on Lighthouse... you make it sound like you never got away with a lie.....I don't buy it for a sec

patrick jane

BANNED
Banned

poor little republicanchick

lighthouse99

Come on Lighthouse... you make it sound like you never got away with a lie.....I don't buy it for a sec

i have told very few lies in my life and most of them were when i was very young and didn't know how serious lying is.. I know you dont belive t hat b/c maybe you want to find out that everyone else is as dishonest as you are, so you can feel better --eh? :)

(sorta joking but you hav to admit i may have a bit of a point here?)

:)

commonsense

i have told very few lies in my life and most of them were when i was very young and didn't know how serious lying is.. I know you dont belive t hat b/c maybe you want to find out that everyone else is as dishonest as you are, so you can feel better --eh? :)

Most people, including myself, lie to themselves regularly. :)
Part of being human I suppose.

ok doser

lifeguard at the cement pond
just this morning i told myself it was time to get up at 6:30

i knew i was lying to myself, so i rolled over and went back to sleep :)

Bradley D

"In God I trust all others I monitor." I expect lies from politicians. I do not believe in lying. I try to be as truthful as I can or plead the fifth.

KingdomRose

I don't take your post as a joke. I think most of us think of that at one time or another. I for one am sick of it. But then I read a scripture, at Psalm 73 and I feel a little better.

"As for me, my feet came close to stumbling, my steps had almost slipped. For I was envious of the arrogant as I saw the prosperity of the wicked. For there are no pains in their death, and their body is fat [well-nourished]. They are not in trouble as other men, nor are they plagued like mankind.

"Therefore pride is their necklace; the garment of violence covers them. Their eye bulges from fatness; the imaginations of their heart run riot. They mock and wickedly speak of oppression; they speak from on high. They have set their mouth against the heavens, and their tongue parades through the earth. Therefore his people return to this place, and waters of abundance are drunk by them. And they say, 'How does God know? And is there knowledge with the Most High?'

"Behold, these are the wicked; and always at ease, they have increased in wealth. Surely in vain I have kept my heart pure and washed my hands in innocence; for I have been stricken all day long and chastened every morning....When I pondered to understand this, it was troublesome in my sight until I came into the sanctuary of God; then I perceived their end.

"Surely You set them in slippery places; You cast them down to destruction. How they are destroyed in a moment! They are utterly swept away by sudden terrors!...Behold, those who are far from You will perish; You have destroyed all those who are unfaithful to You. But as for me, the nearness of God is my good; I have made the Lord GOD my refuge, that I may tell of all Your works."

(NASB)

commonsense

"more money than i have"

ok doser you right on, you cool...seriously though there's a difference between lying to benefit yourself (naughty) and telling little porkies to smooth social interaction and even to protect someone else's feelings....come on, we've all done it

commonsense

Remember the Three's Company where Jack Tripper decided he had to be totally honest with his roommates? Funny yes but also a lesson in how to get along.

commonsense

Back to the OP I'd totally agree the rich get away with plenty the majority doesn't...say tax evasion right off the bat, frauds of all sorts, general driving crimes, even right up to murder. Money covereth a multitude of sins after all...:sigh:

George Affleck

TOL Subscriber

:)

I can identify with that. I have actually put my hands to my ears and told people not to tell me something. Just in case I am asked.
I am a bad lier anyway but when I became a Christian 40 years ago, it became virtually impossible.

BTW - I found a trick to this.
If a non-Christian asks you a point blank question knowing you will not lie, I say;
"You wouldn't be trying to force me into a lie would you?"

Sometimes works. :)