Evangelism According to John 3:16

Right Divider

Body part
In your own home diocese.
My home is in heaven.
Find out the closest parish church to you, decide which day you'd like to attend. Check on the parish's website (or drive by it and look at its sign out front) if there's Mass on that day, some parishes celebrate Mass every day of the week, but almost all of them will have at least one Mass on Sunday and a vigil Mass on Saturday afternoon too.
Roman Catholicism is evil... stay far away.

marke

The world (Jn3:16) does not refer to everyone.

The apostles's vision (Rev7:9) shows that the whole of humanity is represented in glory:'every nation, tribe, people and language'.

God,The Father, sovereignly chose His representative sample of humanity:'before the creation of the world'(Eph 1:4).

So, the 'saving'love of God is only for His elect, those he has chosen , predestined and calls.

An unbiased consideration of Rom Ch 9-11 clearly establishes the discriminating saving love of God.

This truth of God's discriminating saving love has a particular application to evangelism:
'God loves you and Christ died for you' is inappropriate.

Scriptural evangelism presents anyone with the evidence that 'Jesus is the Christ'.

Without any pressure to accept Christ as your Lord and Saviour.

Leave the results upto God.
According to 2 Corinthians 5, God was in Christ reconciling the lost world unto Himself, not imputing their trespasses unto them. How do we know that verse includes the lost? Because God instructs us to go into the world, preaching the Gospel to every creature, commanding them in God's stead to be reconciled to God.

OZOS

According to 2 Corinthians 5, God was in Christ reconciling the lost world unto Himself, not imputing their trespasses unto them.
Bold was added by you. Don't do that. God's word does not say that.

marke

Bold was added by you. Don't do that. God's word does not say that.
No, the verse does not say God was reconciling the whole world unto Himself, but surely you must believe that is what the verse is saying?

OZOS

No, the verse does not say God was reconciling the whole world unto Himself, but surely you must believe that is what the verse is saying?
What??

This is what is said... "Now all things are of God, who has reconciled us to Himself through Jesus Christ, and has given us the ministry of reconciliation, that is, that God was in Christ reconciling the world to Himself, not imputing their trespasses to them, and has committed to us the word of reconciliation."

You added "the lost" to the text.

marke

What??

This is what is said... "Now all things are of God, who has reconciled us to Himself through Jesus Christ, and has given us the ministry of reconciliation, that is, that God was in Christ reconciling the world to Himself, not imputing their trespasses to them, and has committed to us the word of reconciliation."

You added "the lost" to the text.
I added nothing because I quoted nothing. I summarized my interpretation of the text. I did not pretend to quote the text. Nevertheless, I find it hard to believe the "their" and "them" referred to in that verse can only apply to the "us" in the same verse.

OZOS

I added nothing because I quoted nothing. I summarized my interpretation of the text. I did not pretend to quote the text. Nevertheless, I find it hard to believe the "their" and "them" referred to in that verse can only apply to the "us" in the same verse.
The "their" and "them" is "the world". The "us" are those who have the ministry of reconciliation, and are included with those who have been reconciled (the world).

marke

The "their" and "them" is "the world". The "us" are those who have the ministry of reconciliation, and are included with those who have been reconciled (the world).
So, God was in Christ reconciling the world unto Himself.

marke

Yes, that's what the verse says. It does not say "the lost world", which is what you said.
God was in Christ reconciling the world unto Himself. Were any sinners not to be considered among those God was reconciling to Himself at the time?

OZOS

God was in Christ reconciling the world unto Himself. Were any sinners not to be considered among those God was reconciling to Himself at the time?
Don't pour your own convoluted meanings into the text. The only people referred to as "lost" are those of the nation of Israel. All sinners were reconciled to God through His death.

marke

Don't pour your own convoluted meanings into the text. The only people referred to as "lost" are those of the nation of Israel. All sinners were reconciled to God through His death.
That's what I believe. God was not just reconciling the elect to Himself but the whole world to Himself.

marke

"the discriminating saving love of God" is another way of saying God's election of some for salvation in Christ.
God sovereignly chose some and not others; God discriminates between who he saves and who he does not save (Rom 9:1)
God is not willing that any should perish (2 Peter 3:9). Jesus wept over Jerusalem (Luke 19:41) and lamented, “O Jerusalem, Jerusalem, which killest the prophets, and stonest them that are sent unto thee; how often would I have gathered thy children together, as a hen doth gather her brood under her wings, and ye would not!” (Luke 13:34.)