Eternal Justification !

marke

Another reason for eternal justification of Gods elect is because:

Justified while ungodly

The elect are justified whilst ungodly Romans 4:5

5 But to him that worketh not, but believeth on him that justifieth the ungodly, his faith is counted for righteousness.

which means before believing/Faith. Justification then, does not depend upon a sinner’s obedience or personal faith. But instead a sinner is justified upon the basis of the perfect righteousness of Jesus Christ, which is eternal, and its imputation in the established purpose of God.
Nobody gets saved before believing in Jesus and those who get saved are justified for believing in Jesus.

beloved57

Another reason for eternal justification of Gods elect is because: The essence of justification. Its freely done by grace Rom 3:24

24 Being justified freely by his grace through the redemption that is in Christ Jesus:

Such Grace was given the elect in Christ before the world began 2 Tim 1:9

9 Who hath saved us, and called us with an holy calling, not according to our works, but according to his own purpose and grace, which was given us in Christ Jesus before the world began,

Christ had been slain in the eternal purpose of God from the foudation Rev 13:8

8 And all that dwell upon the earth shall worship him, whose names are not written in the book of life of the Lamb slain from the foundation of the world.

marke

Another reason for eternal justification of Gods elect is because: The essence of justification. Its freely done by grace Rom 3:24

24 Being justified freely by his grace through the redemption that is in Christ Jesus:

Such Grace was given the elect in Christ before the world began 2 Tim 1:9

9 Who hath saved us, and called us with an holy calling, not according to our works, but according to his own purpose and grace, which was given us in Christ Jesus before the world began,

Christ had been slain in the eternal purpose of God from the foudation Rev 13:8

8 And all that dwell upon the earth shall worship him, whose names are not written in the book of life of the Lamb slain from the foundation of the world.
Any judge who forgives a criminal of his crimes for no reason other than he just wants to is an unjust judge who perverts judgment.

beloved57

Another reason for eternal justification of Gods elect is because: Justification apart from faith
Justification before God does not depend on the apparatus of faith: For instance the elect who die in infancy have not exercised faith or fulfilled the act of believing, yet they are justified Rom 8:33. Gods sovereign grace is the decisive cause of justification, not the faith of those justified. This grace was given Gods elect in Christ their mediator/surety before the world began 2 Tim 1:9

And the elect are Justified by that grace Rom 3:24

marke

Another reason for eternal justification of Gods elect is because: Justification apart from faith
Justification before God does not depend on the apparatus of faith: For instance the elect who die in infancy have not exercised faith or fulfilled the act of believing, yet they are justified Rom 8:33. Gods sovereign grace is the decisive cause of justification, not the faith of those justified. This grace was given Gods elect in Christ their mediator/surety before the world began 2 Tim 1:9

And the elect are Justified by that grace Rom 3:24

Election or non-election is not based on works but on accepting or rejecting God's word. Nobody goes to hell for bad works any more than anyone goes to heaven for good works. Sinners go to hell for rejecting Jesus or sinners go to heaven for accepting Jesus according to God's specific instructions.

beloved57

Another reason for eternal justification of Gods elect is because :

Faith emanates from justification. God gives Faith to a person because they have been made/declared righteous, so we have the Divine Promise that the Just or Justified shall live by Faith Rom 1:17

17 For therein is the righteousness of God revealed from faith to faith: as it is written, The just shall live by faith.

The just are made so by the obedience of Christ Rom 5:19

For as by one man's disobedience many were made sinners, so by the obedience of one shall many be made righteous.

marke

Faith emanates from justification. God gives Faith to a person because they have been made/declared righteous, so we have the Divine Promise that the Just or Justified shall live by Faith Rom 1:17

17 For therein is the righteousness of God revealed from faith to faith: as it is written, The just shall live by faith.

The just are made so by the obedience of Christ Rom 5:19

For as by one man's disobedience many were made sinners, so by the obedience of one shall many be made righteous.
You make a serious mistake in assuming God clears some guilty sinners and not others for reasons that remain entirely with Himself and nobody else. God never clears the guilty so something must be done outside of Himself that allows Him to clear sinners of guilt. Jesus made it possible for God to forgive sinners if only those sinners come to God for forgiveness on His terms.

Exodus 34:7
Keeping mercy for thousands, forgiving iniquity and transgression and sin, and that will by no means clear the guilty; visiting the iniquity of the fathers upon the children, and upon the children's children, unto the third and to the fourth generation.

marke

You cannot find one example in the OT where God gave faith to anyone yet you claim without proof that everyone in the OT who was justified was given faith by God. Even if that is true you do not have a single verse stating that God gives faith to whomever God wants to have faith and that humans have no part in the matter. A case may be made for saying in the OT a man was justified by his own faith which was his own to exercise.

Habakkuk 2:4
Behold, his soul which is lifted up is not upright in him: but the just shall live by his faith.

In this verse, the word "his" refers to man, not God.

marke

You cannot find one example in the OT where God gave faith to anyone yet you claim without proof that everyone in the OT who was justified was given faith by God. Even if that is true you do not have a single verse stating that God gives faith to whomever God wants to have faith and that humans have no part in the matter. A case may be made for saying in the OT a man was justified by his own faith which was his own to exercise.

Habakkuk 2:4
Behold, his soul which is lifted up is not upright in him: but the just shall live by his faith.

In this verse, the word "his" refers to man, not God.
Likewise, in the NT we find Jesus saying that a woman's faith made her whole, with the pronouns again referring to the woman's faith, not God's.

Matthew 9:22
But Jesus turned him about, and when he saw her, he said, Daughter, be of good comfort; thy faith hath made thee whole. And the woman was made whole from that hour.

marke

There is no verse in the Bible that says God only gives faith to those He wants to give faith to and refuses to give faith to others, or that the faith God gives has nothing to do with the recipient first pleasing God before it is given. The faith God gives to humans must be worked out by humans to be effective.

James 2:26
For as the body without the spirit is dead, so faith without works is dead also.

glorydaz

Likewise, in the NT we find Jesus saying that a woman's faith made her whole, with the pronouns again referring to the woman's faith, not God's.

Matthew 9:22
But Jesus turned him about, and when he saw her, he said, Daughter, be of good comfort; thy faith hath made thee whole. And the woman was made whole from that hour.
Notice the words, "from faith to faith".
Romans 1:17
For therein is the righteousness of God revealed from faith to faith: as it is written, The just shall live by faith.

And so we see the faith of Jesus Christ and our faith in Him.
From faith to faith.

Romans 3:22
Even the righteousness of God which is by faith of Jesus Christ unto all and upon all them that believe: for there is no difference:

glorydaz

There is no verse in the Bible that says God only gives faith to those He wants to give faith to and refuses to give faith to others, or that the faith God gives has nothing to do with the recipient first pleasing God before it is given. The faith God gives to humans must be worked out by humans to be effective.

James 2:26
For as the body without the spirit is dead, so faith without works is dead also.
Well, that verse is not directed to us, but to the Jews, and works were required of them.

On the contrary,
Romans 4:2-3
For if Abraham were justified by works, he hath whereof to glory; but not before God.
For what saith the scripture? Abraham believed God, and it was counted unto him for righteousness.

marke

Notice the words, "from faith to faith".
Romans 1:17
For therein is the righteousness of God revealed from faith to faith: as it is written, The just shall live by faith.

And so we see the faith of Jesus Christ and our faith in Him.
From faith to faith.

Romans 3:22
Even the righteousness of God which is by faith of Jesus Christ unto all and upon all them that believe: for there is no difference:
I agree. I also believe human faith is passed on from human to human as Christians preach of the common salvation and share the common faith.

Romans 1

8 First, I thank my God through Jesus Christ for you all, that your faith is spoken of throughout the whole world.

9 For God is my witness, whom I serve with my spirit in the gospel of his Son, that without ceasing I make mention of you always in my prayers;

10 Making request, if by any means now at length I might have a prosperous journey by the will of God to come unto you.

11 For I long to see you, that I may impart unto you some spiritual gift, to the end ye may be established;

12 That is, that I may be comforted together with you by the mutual faith both of you and me.

marke

Well, that verse is not directed to us, but to the Jews, and works were required of them.

On the contrary,
Romans 4:2-3
For if Abraham were justified by works, he hath whereof to glory; but not before God.
For what saith the scripture? Abraham believed God, and it was counted unto him for righteousness.
Christians who produce no fruit after claiming salvation are not real Christians. If their faith produces no fruit then their faith is dead.

Dead faith in false professors:

Matthew 7

15 Beware of false prophets, which come to you in sheep's clothing, but inwardly they are ravening wolves.

16 Ye shall know them by their fruits. Do men gather grapes of thorns, or figs of thistles?

17 Even so every good tree bringeth forth good fruit; but a corrupt tree bringeth forth evil fruit.

18 A good tree cannot bring forth evil fruit, neither can a corrupt tree bring forth good fruit.

19 Every tree that bringeth not forth good fruit is hewn down, and cast into the fire.

20 Wherefore by their fruits ye shall know them.

21 Not every one that saith unto me, Lord, Lord, shall enter into the kingdom of heaven; but he that doeth the will of my Father which is in heaven.

22 Many will say to me in that day, Lord, Lord, have we not prophesied in thy name? and in thy name have cast out devils? and in thy name done many wonderful works?

23 And then will I profess unto them, I never knew you: depart from me, ye that work iniquity.

24 Therefore whosoever heareth these sayings of mine, and doeth them, I will liken him unto a wise man, which built his house upon a rock:

25 And the rain descended, and the floods came, and the winds blew, and beat upon that house; and it fell not: for it was founded upon a rock.

26 And every one that heareth these sayings of mine, and doeth them not, shall be likened unto a foolish man, which built his house upon the sand:

27 And the rain descended, and the floods came, and the winds blew, and beat upon that house; and it fell: and great was the fall of it.

glorydaz

I agree. I also believe human faith is passed on from human to human as Christians preach of the common salvation and share the common faith.

Romans 1

8 First, I thank my God through Jesus Christ for you all, that your faith is spoken of throughout the whole world.

9 For God is my witness, whom I serve with my spirit in the gospel of his Son, that without ceasing I make mention of you always in my prayers;

10 Making request, if by any means now at length I might have a prosperous journey by the will of God to come unto you.

11 For I long to see you, that I may impart unto you some spiritual gift, to the end ye may be established;

12 That is, that I may be comforted together with you by the mutual faith both of you and me.

I hadn't heard of it stated that way before, but it put me in mind of this...

Philemon 5-7
Hearing of thy love and faith, which thou hast toward the Lord Jesus, and toward all saints;
That the communication of thy faith may become effectual by the acknowledging of every good thing which is in you in Christ Jesus.
For we have great joy and consolation in thy love, because the bowels of the saints are refreshed by thee, brother.

glorydaz

Christians who produce no fruit after claiming salvation are not real Christians. If their faith produces no fruit then their faith is dead.

Dead faith in false professors:

Matthew 7

15 Beware of false prophets, which come to you in sheep's clothing, but inwardly they are ravening wolves.

16 Ye shall know them by their fruits. Do men gather grapes of thorns, or figs of thistles?

17 Even so every good tree bringeth forth good fruit; but a corrupt tree bringeth forth evil fruit.

18 A good tree cannot bring forth evil fruit, neither can a corrupt tree bring forth good fruit.

19 Every tree that bringeth not forth good fruit is hewn down, and cast into the fire.

20 Wherefore by their fruits ye shall know them.

21 Not every one that saith unto me, Lord, Lord, shall enter into the kingdom of heaven; but he that doeth the will of my Father which is in heaven.

22 Many will say to me in that day, Lord, Lord, have we not prophesied in thy name? and in thy name have cast out devils? and in thy name done many wonderful works?

23 And then will I profess unto them, I never knew you: depart from me, ye that work iniquity.

24 Therefore whosoever heareth these sayings of mine, and doeth them, I will liken him unto a wise man, which built his house upon a rock:

25 And the rain descended, and the floods came, and the winds blew, and beat upon that house; and it fell not: for it was founded upon a rock.

26 And every one that heareth these sayings of mine, and doeth them not, shall be likened unto a foolish man, which built his house upon the sand:

27 And the rain descended, and the floods came, and the winds blew, and beat upon that house; and it fell: and great was the fall of it.
That's not true. It's not true because that is speaking to the Jews, and it's speaking of the Gospel of the Kingdom.
The Kingdom was put on hold when the Jews crucified their Messiah.

Did you know that Jesus was only sent to the lost sheep of the house of Israel?

• Matthew 10:6
    But go rather to the lost sheep of the house of Israel.

• Matthew 15:24
    But he answered and said, I am not sent but unto the lost sheep of the house of Israel.
I was saved for many many years before I even realized what Jesus was saying here. Let me tell you, He meant exactly what He said.

On the other hand, when a person is saved by Christ's work on the Cross, he is sealed by the Holy Spirit of Promise. That is the dispensation we are currently in.
He cannot lose his salvation.

marke

Just saying it doesnt doesnt make it so !
A Christian will be saved in the end if his faith is real and his faith will be shown to be real by his walking worthy of the Lord.

Colossians 1

9 For this cause we also, since the day we heard it, do not cease to pray for you, and to desire that ye might be filled with the knowledge of his will in all wisdom and spiritual understanding;

10 That ye might walk worthy of the Lord unto all pleasing, being fruitful in every good work, and increasing in the knowledge of God;

21 And you, that were sometime alienated and enemies in your mind by wicked works, yet now hath he reconciled

22 In the body of his flesh through death, to present you holy and unblameable and unreproveable in his sight:

23 If ye continue in the faith grounded and settled, and be not moved away from the hope of the gospel, which ye have heard, and which was preached to every creature which is under heaven; whereof I Paul am made a minister;