Establishment of the Identity of Christ and The Destruction of the Temple

daqq

I agree that John Darby the father of modern dispensational Christianity began the falling away from truth that we see today. Before his time nearly all Christians believed in spiritual Israel while today only a handful do. But please do not confuse my beliefs with those of the Left Behind people. Many of the early church fathers were futurists who believed that Israel would come to prominence at the end where a future temple would be rebuilt at the command of the antichrist. These are basically my beliefs in a nutshell. You spiritualize away vast portions of apocalyptic prophecy which is just as bad as over literalizing everything like Darby. Most of prophecy is literal except for obviously symbolic portions like the beasts with heads and horns and the 144K as symbolic of God's elect in the last days.

And you call me a nut case because you could not understand how Elohim dealt with me and delivered me when my daughter passed away. You are the sicko, and as I said already, you deny the Messiah because you deny the full work accomplished in his ministry and at Golgotha; and you cannot understand any such things because you walk according to the carnal mind of the unregenerated carnal man. The real Gospel is foolishness to you and you prove it by the way you mock and ridicule those who actually believe the words that are written in the scripture.

Epoisses

And you call me a nut case because you could not understand how Elohim dealt with me and delivered me when my daughter passed away. You are the sicko, and as I said already, you deny the Messiah because you deny the full work accomplished in his ministry and at Golgotha; and you cannot understand any such things because you walk according to the carnal mind of the unregenerated carnal man. The real Gospel is foolishness to you and you prove it by the way you mock and ridicule those who actually believe the words that are written in the scripture.

You couldn't even carry a conversation with me unless I used buzzwords like Torah and law. Go weep for the shipwreck of faith you've made and beg for mercy from God.

daqq

You couldn't even carry a conversation with me unless I used buzzwords like Torah and law. Go weep for the shipwreck of faith you've made and beg for mercy from God.

It is going to be a joy dismantling all of your false doctrine.
And even that will be for your own good, O mighty one. :chuckle:

daqq

And as also already said, and again, you deny the Word when you deny the Torah, as even Stephen tells you that the Torah contains the LIVING WORDS of the Father. The Torah is the Word of the Father and therefore the Son of Elohim. You cut yourself off from the very Root by way of your own heretical doctrine every time you deny the Torah which is the Word of the Father:

Acts 7:37-38
37 This is that Moses, who said unto the children of Israel, A prophet shall God raise up unto you from among your brethren, like unto me.
38 This is he that was in the congregation in the desert with the Angel that spoke to him in the Mount Sinai, and with our fathers: who received living Oracles to give unto us:

The Torah is λογια ζωντα, Living Words, Living Oracles, Living Sayings, (LOGOS).
When you say "the law is abolished" you blaspheme Messiah the Word himself.

Romans 3:1-2
1 What advantage then has the Yhudi? or what is the profit of circumcision?
2 Much every way: first of all, that they were entrusted with the Oracles of Elohim.

τα λογια του θεου ~ "the Logia-Oracles of Elohim" ~ the Torah

Hebrews 5:12-14
12 For when by reason of the time you ought to be teachers, you have need yet again that some one teach you the rudiments of the first principles of the Oracles of Elohim; and are become such as have need of milk, and not of solid food.
13 For every one that partakes of milk is without experience of the Word of Righteousness; for he is a babe.
14 But solid food is for fully grown men, even those who by reason of use have their senses exercised to discern good and evil.

των λογιων του θεου ~ "the Logion-Oracles of Elohim" ~ the Torah
λογου δικαιοσυνης ~ "the Logos-Word of Righteousness"

And by the context within Hebrews 5:12-13 quoted above:

των λογιων του θεου = λογου δικαιοσυνης = the Torah

1 Peter 4:11
11 If anyone speak, let him speak according to the Oracles of Elohim; if anyone ministers, let him minister as from the strength which Elohim supplies: that in all things Elohim may be glorified through Meshiah Yeshua, to whom is the glory and the dominion into the ages of the ages. Amen.

λογια θεου ~ "the Oracles of Elohim" ~ the Torah

You do not speak according to the Torah but rather speak only ever against HIM!

Lazy afternoon

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER

Your usual weak response.

LA

Lazy afternoon

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
"The seven trumpets, two witnesses, little horn/man of sin, abomination of desolation, seven last plagues are all end-time events that precede the 2nd coming."

II Thessalonians 2: 3-4 is about the the falling away, or apostasy. It makes use of metaphoric language, and requires a knowledge of Acts 7: 48, I Corinthians 3: 16-17 and I Corinthians 6: 19 to get right. Remember that there are several other prophecies about an apostasy, such as Luke 13: 18-21, I Timothy 4: 1. II Timothy 3: 5, 7-8, II Timothy 4: 3-4 and there are those prophecies about the false prophets, such as Matthew 24: 11, and II Peter 2: 1-3, which imply that there is an apostasy. The parable of the wheat and the tares of Matthew 13: 24-30 shows that there is to be tares as well as wheat, which, when combined with Luke 13: 21, saying that the leavening of the kingdom of God increases in time, can mean that the tares at some point will outnumber the wheat.

In Christian Zionist end time prophecy the falling away of II Thessalonians 2: 3-4 is always future and it happens only when the one man super anti-Christ of dispensationalism appears. In reality the falling away in our time can be seen to have started in the 19th century with several false doctrines, dispensationalism being one of them. I John says 2: 18 says there are many anti-Christs and I John 4:3 says there is a spirit of anti-Christ and when John wrote this he said that even now the spirit of anti-Christ is in the world.

My understanding of the falling away is the removal of the true God from both church and state, in writing and mention.

Epoisses

And as also already said, and again, you deny the Word when you deny the Torah, as even Stephen tells you that the Torah contains the LIVING WORDS of the Father. The Torah is the Word of the Father and therefore the Son of Elohim. You cut yourself off from the very Root by way of your own heretical doctrine every time you deny the Torah which is the Word of the Father:

Acts 7:37-38
37 This is that Moses, who said unto the children of Israel, A prophet shall God raise up unto you from among your brethren, like unto me.
38 This is he that was in the congregation in the desert with the Angel that spoke to him in the Mount Sinai, and with our fathers: who received living Oracles to give unto us:

The Torah is λογια ζωντα, Living Words, Living Oracles, Living Sayings, (LOGOS).
When you say "the law is abolished" you blaspheme Messiah the Word himself.

Romans 3:1-2
1 What advantage then has the Yhudi? or what is the profit of circumcision?
2 Much every way: first of all, that they were entrusted with the Oracles of Elohim.

τα λογια του θεου ~ "the Logia-Oracles of Elohim" ~ the Torah

Hebrews 5:12-14
12 For when by reason of the time you ought to be teachers, you have need yet again that some one teach you the rudiments of the first principles of the Oracles of Elohim; and are become such as have need of milk, and not of solid food.
13 For every one that partakes of milk is without experience of the Word of Righteousness; for he is a babe.
14 But solid food is for fully grown men, even those who by reason of use have their senses exercised to discern good and evil.

των λογιων του θεου ~ "the Logion-Oracles of Elohim" ~ the Torah
λογου δικαιοσυνης ~ "the Logos-Word of Righteousness"

And by the context within Hebrews 5:12-13 quoted above:

των λογιων του θεου = λογου δικαιοσυνης = the Torah

1 Peter 4:11
11 If anyone speak, let him speak according to the Oracles of Elohim; if anyone ministers, let him minister as from the strength which Elohim supplies: that in all things Elohim may be glorified through Meshiah Yeshua, to whom is the glory and the dominion into the ages of the ages. Amen.

λογια θεου ~ "the Oracles of Elohim" ~ the Torah

You do not speak according to the Torah but rather speak only ever against HIM!

The wizard's spells get weaker and weaker. Your days of hocus pocus are over.

northwye

"My understanding of the falling away is the removal of the true God from both church and state, in writing and mention."

The apostasy is the replacement of the doctrines taught by Christ with another Gospel, which is false, while pretending to continue to follow the doctrines of Christ.

In Matthew 24 deceive is used in verses 4, 5, 11 and 24. You could call the apostasy also the age of deception. The false prophets, who deceive, are defined in Matthew 24: 5, "For many shall come in my name, saying, I am Christ; and shall deceive many." That is, many will claim they follow the Jesus Christ of scripture, but in their doctrines they will deceive many.

"And many false prophets shall rise, and shall deceive many.
12 And because iniquity shall abound, the love of many shall wax cold." Matthew 24: 11-12

Scripture defines the spirit of anti-Christ as being different from the false prophet. "Hereby know ye the Spirit of God: Every spirit that confesseth that Jesus Christ is come in the flesh is of God:
3. And every spirit that confesseth not that Jesus Christ is come in the flesh is not of God: and this is that spirit of antichrist, whereof ye have heard that it should come; and even now already is it in the world."

Here is an important method by which the apostasy is brought about: "God cannot speak into the pre-flood, Tower of Babel, Sodom and Gomorrah, dialectic mind, even though it might quote scripture." From: Dean Gotcher https://www.crossroad.to/Quotes/brai...ic-gotcher.htm

"The dialectic is man thinking through his feelings. This is the reason God flooded the world and will judge the world again. "And as it was in the days of Noah, so shall it be also in the days of the Son of man." (Luke 17:26) " So says Gotcher.

Revelation 13: 11 says the second beast has two horns like a lamb, but speaks like a dragon. "And I beheld another beast coming up out of the earth; and he had two horns like a lamb, and he spake as a dragon."

A lamb has two horns? How does the dragon speak? In Genesis 3 the "serpent" "was more subtle than any beast in the field," and he used the dialectic on Eve, saying in effect lets talk about you eating of the tree of the knowledge of good and evil. "Lets have a dialog." "And come to a consensus."

Satan used Dragon Speak on Eve in Genesis 3: 1-6 to fix her obedience to God: "Now the serpent was more subtil than any beast of the field which the LORD God had made. And he said unto the woman, Yea, hath God said, Ye shall not eat of every tree of the garden? 2. And the woman said unto the serpent, We may eat of the fruit of the trees of the garden: 3. But of the fruit of the tree which is in the midst of the garden, God hath said, Ye shall not eat of it, neither shall ye touch it, lest ye die. 4. And the serpent said unto the woman, Ye shall not surely die: 5. For God doth know that in the day ye eat thereof, then your eyes shall be opened, and ye shall be as gods, knowing good and evil. 6. And when the woman saw that the tree was good for food, and that it was pleasant to the eyes, and a tree to be desired to make one wise, she took of the fruit thereof, and did eat, and gave also unto her husband with her; and he did eat."

In John 8 the Pharisees used the dialectic - or Dragon Speak - to argue in opposition to the absolute Truth. Here the Absolute Truth was Christ standing before them. But their arguments did not change Christ's position. He said in John 8: 44 that the Pharisees were "... of your father the devil, and the lusts of your father ye will do. He was a murderer from the beginning, and abode not in the truth."

The dialectic depends on establishing a dialogue and argues in direct opposition to a position,which for Hegel is called the thesis. The opposition to the thesis is the anti-thesis. The thesis is the doctrines of Christ and the anti-thesis is the false doctrines meant to overthrow and replace the doctrines of Christ, one at a time perhaps.

There is a text in the New Testament which, in the Greek, mentions the anti-thesis, which is part of the early Greek philosophy of the dialectic. This is I Timothy 6: 20-21.

The key part in Greek says "και αντιθεσεις της ψευδωνυμου γνωσεως,or "and anti-thesis of falsely called knowledge."

αντιθεσεις, or anti-thesis, is a technical term in the early Greek philosophy of the διαλεκτική, or dialectic, before the time of Christ.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dialectic

"Dialectic (also dialectics and the dialectical method), from Ancient Greek διαλεκτική, is a method of argument.....The word dialectic originated in ancient Greece, and was made popular by Plato in the Socratic dialogues."

"In classical philosophy, dialectic (Greek: διαλεκτική) is a form of reasoning based upon dialogue of arguments and counter-arguments, advocating propositions (theses) and counter-propositions (antitheses)."

"Aristotle said that it was the pre-Socratic philosopher Zeno of Elea who invented dialectic, of which the dialogues of Plato are the examples of the Socratic dialectical method."

The dialectic is a form of deception and the Marxist version of the Hegelian dialectic has been developed into a belief and attitude change procedure, which also infiltrated the major institutions,including the churches, in the 20th century.

In Marxism the dialectic is used to overthrow absolute Truth and absolute Morality.

Versions of the dialectic have been used by he false prophets to weaken and eventually overthrow what in II Timothy 4: 3 is called sound doctrine.

The dialectic operates within dialogue and becomes a kind of game of arguments and counter-arguments within a quarrel which goes on a while. In being lured into this dialectic game the person who begins by defending the thesis - the doctrines of Christ - can be led to lose some or much of his love of the truth and faith. In this way sound doctrine can be replaced by false doctrine.

Zeke

Traditions long institutionalized do not easily bend to correction of principles basically vital to their existence.

daqq

Shalom.

No. You are incorrect. What do you mean by the old covenant of the law?

Shalom.

Jacob

The Master confirms the covenant to the many, according to how it is written in Dan 9:27, and he does so at the "Last Supper", (with the first cup mentioned, which is the cup spoken about in Matthew and Mark). That means that according to the false doctrine of Lazy afternoon the very same covenant(s) only lasted about a day. However there are at least two cups mentioned and both of them are referenced in Luke 22:17 and Luke 22:20. It is only the second cup mentioned which is called the "New Covenant", (Luke 22:20), and it is not for "the many" but privately for the disciples, ("for you", he says, again Luke 22:20). The reason why is because if one refuses to drink of the first cup of the covenant(s), "for many", then the same will NEVER get to drink of the second cup of the Renewed Covenant because it is personal, private, and individual: to each in his or her own appointed times.

First Cup:

Matthew 26:27-28 ASV
27 And he took a cup, and gave thanks, and gave to them, saying, Drink ye all of it;
28 for this is my blood of the covenant, which is poured out for many unto remission of sins.

First Cup:

Mark 14:23-24 ASV
23 And he took a cup, and when he had given thanks, he gave to them: and they all drank of it.
24 And he said unto them, This is my blood of the covenant, which is poured out for many.

First Cup:

Luke 22:17-20 ASV
17 And he received a cup, and when he had given thanks, he said, Take this, and divide it among yourselves:
18 for I say unto you, I shall not drink from henceforth of the fruit of the vine, until the kingdom of God shall come.
19 And he took bread, and when he had given thanks, he brake it, and gave to them, saying, This is my body which is given for you: this do in remembrance of me.

Second Cup:

Luke22:20 ASV
20 And the cup in like manner after supper, saying, This cup is the new covenant in my blood, even that which is poured out for you.

And this is not to say that there were only two cups but simply the only two cups mentioned in these passages. In the Textus Receptus and Byzantine text types, in the Matthew and Mark passages quoted above herein, they have erroneously inserted kainos, (new-renewed), next to the word for covenant or testament, so as to afford themselves something they do not have and will never understand so long as they continue to believe the error. In Matthew and Mark the Master only confirms "the covenant to/for the many", (Dan 9:27a). So when all these supposed prophecy scholars talk about an "antichrist covenant with the many" and a "covenant with death", (based on an erroneous understanding of Isa 28:14-18), in their wildly speculative future fulfillment antichrist world empire global holocaust prophecy teachings full of buffoonery, they blaspheme the work of Messiah whom they claim to know, love, worship, and serve.

Jacob

BANNED
Banned
The Master confirms the covenant to the many, according to how it is written in Dan 9:27, and he does so at the "Last Supper", (with the first cup mentioned, which is the cup spoken about in Matthew and Mark). That means that according to the false doctrine of Lazy afternoon the very same covenant(s) only lasted about a day. However there are at least two cups mentioned and both of them are referenced in Luke 22:17 and Luke 22:20. It is only the second cup mentioned which is called the "New Covenant", (Luke 22:20), and it is not for "the many" but privately for the disciples, ("for you", he says, again Luke 22:20). The reason why is because if one refuses to drink of the first cup of the covenant(s), "for many", then the same will NEVER get to drink of the second cup of the Renewed Covenant because it is personal, private, and individual: to each in his or her own appointed times.

First Cup:

Matthew 26:27-28 ASV
27 And he took a cup, and gave thanks, and gave to them, saying, Drink ye all of it;
28 for this is my blood of the covenant, which is poured out for many unto remission of sins.

First Cup:

Mark 14:23-24 ASV
23 And he took a cup, and when he had given thanks, he gave to them: and they all drank of it.
24 And he said unto them, This is my blood of the covenant, which is poured out for many.

First Cup:

Luke 22:17-20 ASV
17 And he received a cup, and when he had given thanks, he said, Take this, and divide it among yourselves:
18 for I say unto you, I shall not drink from henceforth of the fruit of the vine, until the kingdom of God shall come.
19 And he took bread, and when he had given thanks, he brake it, and gave to them, saying, This is my body which is given for you: this do in remembrance of me.

Second Cup:

Luke22:20 ASV
20 And the cup in like manner after supper, saying, This cup is the new covenant in my blood, even that which is poured out for you.

And this is not to say that there were only two cups but simply the only two cups mentioned in these passages. In the Textus Receptus and Byzantine text types, in the Matthew and Mark passages quoted above herein, they have erroneously inserted kainos, (new-renewed), next to the word for covenant or testament, so as to afford themselves something they do not have and will never understand so long as they continue to believe the error. In Matthew and Mark the Master only confirms "the covenant to/for the many", (Dan 9:27a). So when all these supposed prophecy scholars talk about an "antichrist covenant with the many" and a "covenant with death", (based on an erroneous understanding of Isa 28:14-18), in their wildly speculative future fulfillment antichrist world empire global holocaust prophecy teachings full of buffoonery, they blaspheme the work of Messiah whom they claim to know, love, worship, and serve.
Shalom.

No. I disagree with your post.

Shalom.

Jacob

Zeke

All previous Messianic characters, or Sun-gods, were only typal dramatizations of mans inner life, under the form of a representative history. The Christ were simply ideal figures held up before men to provide them with an inspiring picture of their own attainable perfection. Unbelievable as it may appear, it is a fact of history that with the lapse of time and the decay of philosophical culture, the more ignorant came to take these dramatic heroes for actually living persons.

daqq

Shalom.

Not if you are reading it correctly.

Shalom.

Jacob

The Greek is even more specific than what I quoted from the ASV, so perhaps you should be more specific in your responses when you say, "No, I disagree with your post", because you essentially disagreed with my entire post in the way you worded your response. However my entire post was predicated on what the scripture says; which scripture passages I posted. When you make such "decrees" you make it look as if you imagine yourself as some Sage or Rabbi "affirming or denying with a word", (and you are no such thing though you appear to have suggested elsewhere that you fancy yourself a Rabbi in training).