essential for salvation:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Grosnick Marowbe

Hall of Fame
Mat 7:24 Therefore whosoever heareth these sayings of mine, and doeth them, I will liken him unto a wise man, which built his house upon a rock:
Mat 7:25 And the rain descended, and the floods came, and the winds blew, and beat upon that house; and it fell not: for it was founded upon a rock.
Mat 7:26 And every one that heareth these sayings of mine, and doeth them not, shall be likened unto a foolish man, which built his house upon the sand:
Mat 7:27 And the rain descended, and the floods came, and the winds blew, and beat upon that house, and it fell: and great was the fall of it.

The Lord Jesus Christ was speaking to the "Lost Sheep of the House of Israel."

Matthew 15:24: "But he answered and said, I am not sent but unto the lost sheep of the house of Israel."

Grosnick Marowbe

Hall of Fame
It is not because it is hard to follow Him. All Jesus asks us to do our best to be helpful or loving.

If we do our best to be like Him, it will show to the world. And that's the mission for His followers; to be salt and light of the world.

Jesus looks into our heart.

Your faith is in yourself and not in Christ for your salvation. You'll never make it that way.

Grosnick Marowbe

Hall of Fame

Now, is that a nice thing for you to say? And here, I had such high hopes that you would've matured beyond name calling and would have gone on to bigger and better things. I guess my hopes for you were in vain. That makes me really sad, LA. However, I do accept your apology and we'll go from there, okay?

Lazy afternoon

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
Now, is that a nice thing for you to say? And here, I had such high hopes that you would've matured beyond name calling and would have gone on to bigger and better things. I guess my hopes for you were in vain. That makes me really sad, LA. However, I do accept your apology and we'll go from there, okay?

The Bible calls you a fool over and over.

Pro 24:7 Wisdom is too high for a fool: he openeth not his mouth in the gate.
Pro 24:8 He that deviseth to do evil shall be called a mischievous person.
Pro 24:9 The thought of foolishness is sin: and the scorner is an abomination to men.

meshak

BANNED
Banned
Quote Originally Posted by Grosnick Marowbe View Post

Meshak is placing her faith in herself. Anyone who places their faith in themselves is placing their faith in a fool.

Why do you make such obvious false accusation?

Look at the OP. Is that my word? no, it is Jesus' word.

You are the one with lying lips and you have no legitimacy to make accusation on anyone.

Bright Raven

LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
Get off the Good Samaritan Kick. It has nothing to do with salvation. We are saved by grace through faith and believing in Jesus.

Ephesians 2:8-9 New International Version (NIV)

8 For it is by grace you have been saved, through faith—and this is not from yourselves, it is the gift of God— 9 not by works, so that no one can boast.

John 3:16 New International Version (NIV)

16 For God so loved the world that he gave his one and only Son, that whoever believes in him shall not perish but have eternal life.

meshak

BANNED
Banned
Yes, all you did was quote the parable. You gave no explanation as to why you believe it deals with salvation.

It was so clear and simple. It is self explanatory.

But I make it even more simple.

The Scribe asked Jesus how can we inherit eternal life.

Isnt salvation about inheriting the eternal life? I know it is.

And what did He say? be like merciful Samaritan.

now do you get it?

I guess you don't think salvation is about inheriting eternal life.

Bright Raven

LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
It was so clear and simple. It is self explanatory.

But I make it even more simple.

The Scribe asked Jesus how can we inherit eternal life.

Isnt salvation about inheriting the eternal life? I know it is.

And what did He say? be like merciful Samaritan.

now do you get it?

I guess you don't think salvation is about inheriting eternal life.

Thank you. Now what you are trying to say makes sense.

meshak

BANNED
Banned
Jesus says:

For God so love the world that He gave His only begotten Son that whoever believes in Him shall not die but have eternal life.

Salvation is about inheriting eternal life.

The Barbarian

BANNED
Banned
i agree with the essentials of salvation according to the passage in the OP. my understanding may be different them some. the actions of your life define who you are and determine how you pass to the next world.

Mat 25 42-43
42 For I was hungry and you gave me no food, I was thirsty and you gave me no drink, 43 I was a stranger and you did not welcome me, naked and you did not clothe me, sick and in prison and you did not visit me.’

living a life like this is living through Jesus. through that example is the way to the Father.

Jesus said that if we do those things, we will spend eternity with Him and if we don't, we'll spend it with Satan and his angels.

I'm inclined to listen to Him.

in todays Christianity the Samaritan in Luke 10 might have issues making it to the next world such as:
what does he believe?
whats his denomination?
what does he believe on the nature of Christ?
what church doctrines does he accept?
how did he get baptized?
and the fruits of his life . . .not important.

Very little of the above means anything to salvation except the last. Theology won't save you. Following what Jesus told us to do, that will save.

Grosnick Marowbe

Hall of Fame
Why do you make such obvious false accusation?

Look at the OP. Is that my word? no, it is Jesus' word.

You are the one with lying lips and you have no legitimacy to make accusation on anyone.

Have you EVER read the entire Bible? As I recall, you only trust in Matthew, Mark, Luke and John and disregard the rest of the Bible, correct? You've said in the past, you're not to keen on Paul's writings. Without accepting "Paul's Gospel" you will not enter eternal life, but, will be judged by your works and cast into "The Lake of Fire" for eternity.

Grosnick Marowbe

Hall of Fame
The Bible calls you a fool over and over.

Pro 24:7 Wisdom is too high for a fool: he openeth not his mouth in the gate.
Pro 24:8 He that deviseth to do evil shall be called a mischievous person.
Pro 24:9 The thought of foolishness is sin: and the scorner is an abomination to men.

You really wish that would be true, don't you?

freelight

Eclectic Theosophist
Agape........

Agape........

~*~*~

The fundamental principle here is love and the practice of loving. Since love is the nature, motive and creative intelligence behind life and its eternal progression and the unfolding of its divine potential and infinite possibilities, only by love and by loving can you inherit all that eternity and infinity has.

Status
Not open for further replies.