essential for salvation:

Status
Not open for further replies.

meshak

BANNED
Banned
This is it according to Jesus:

Luke 10:25-37 New International Version (NIV)

The Parable of the Good Samaritan

25 On one occasion an expert in the law stood up to test Jesus. “Teacher,” he asked, “what must I do to inherit eternal life?”

26 “What is written in the Law?” he replied. “How do you read it?”

27 He answered, “‘Love the Lord your God with all your heart and with all your soul and with all your strength and with all your mind’[a]; and, ‘Love your neighbor as yourself.’

28 “You have answered correctly,” Jesus replied. “Do this and you will live.”

29 But he wanted to justify himself, so he asked Jesus, “And who is my neighbor?”

30 In reply Jesus said: “A man was going down from Jerusalem to Jericho, when he was attacked by robbers. They stripped him of his clothes, beat him and went away, leaving him half dead. 31 A priest happened to be going down the same road, and when he saw the man, he passed by on the other side. 32 So too, a Levite, when he came to the place and saw him, passed by on the other side. 33 But a Samaritan, as he traveled, came where the man was; and when he saw him, he took pity on him. 34 He went to him and bandaged his wounds, pouring on oil and wine. Then he put the man on his own donkey, brought him to an inn and took care of him. 35 The next day he took out two denarii[c] and gave them to the innkeeper. ‘Look after him,’ he said, ‘and when I return, I will reimburse you for any extra expense you may have.’

36 “Which of these three do you think was a neighbor to the man who fell into the hands of robbers?”

37 The expert in the law replied, “The one who had mercy on him.”

Jesus told him, “Go and do likewise.”

meshak

BANNED
Banned
Luke 10:25-37 New International Version (NIV)

The Parable of the Good Samaritan

25 On one occasion an expert in the law stood up to test Jesus. “Teacher,” he asked, “what must I do to inherit eternal life?”

26 “What is written in the Law?” he replied. “How do you read it?”

27 He answered, “‘Love the Lord your God with all your heart and with all your soul and with all your strength and with all your mind’[a]; and, ‘Love your neighbor as yourself.’

28 “You have answered correctly,” Jesus replied. “Do this and you will live.”

29 But he wanted to justify himself, so he asked Jesus, “And who is my neighbor?”

30 In reply Jesus said: “A man was going down from Jerusalem to Jericho, when he was attacked by robbers. They stripped him of his clothes, beat him and went away, leaving him half dead. 31 A priest happened to be going down the same road, and when he saw the man, he passed by on the other side. 32 So too, a Levite, when he came to the place and saw him, passed by on the other side. 33 But a Samaritan, as he traveled, came where the man was; and when he saw him, he took pity on him. 34 He went to him and bandaged his wounds, pouring on oil and wine. Then he put the man on his own donkey, brought him to an inn and took care of him. 35 The next day he took out two denarii[c] and gave them to the innkeeper. ‘Look after him,’ he said, ‘and when I return, I will reimburse you for any extra expense you may have.’

36 “Which of these three do you think was a neighbor to the man who fell into the hands of robbers?”

37 The expert in the law replied, “The one who had mercy on him.”

Jesus told him, “Go and do likewise.”

jaybird

i agree with the essentials of salvation according to the passage in the OP. my understanding may be different them some. the actions of your life define who you are and determine how you pass to the next world.

Mat 25 42-43
42 For I was hungry and you gave me no food, I was thirsty and you gave me no drink, 43 I was a stranger and you did not welcome me, naked and you did not clothe me, sick and in prison and you did not visit me.’

living a life like this is living through Jesus. through that example is the way to the Father.

in todays Christianity the Samaritan in Luke 10 might have issues making it to the next world such as:
what does he believe?
whats his denomination?
what does he believe on the nature of Christ?
what church doctrines does he accept?
how did he get baptized?
and the fruits of his life . . .not important.

meshak

BANNED
Banned
i agree with the essentials of salvation according to the passage in the OP. my understanding may be different them some. the actions of your life define who you are and determine how you pass to the next world.

Samaritan account is just that, merciful action.

Mat 25 42-43
42 For I was hungry and you gave me no food, I was thirsty and you gave me no drink, 43 I was a stranger and you did not welcome me, naked and you did not clothe me, sick and in prison and you did not visit me.’

This is love.

living a life like this is living through Jesus. through that example is the way to the Father.

Yes, Jesus talked about how to be loving. That was His main message.

in todays Christianity the Samaritan in Luke 10 might have issues making it to the next world such as:
what does he believe?
whats his denomination?
how did he get baptized?

I know but that's not what Jesus tells us to do.

Christians are supposed to be Jesus followers.

He says to follow me meaning do like what He did.

It is so simple yet most churches are not interested, it seems.

You see, I don't get much of positive reaction about His word.

jaybird

I know but that's not what Jesus tells us to do.

Christians are supposed to be Jesus followers.

He says to follow me meaning do like what He did.

It is so simple yet most churches are not interested, it seems.

You see, I don't get much of positive reaction about His word.

its hard to follow the example of Jesus and at the same time rooted deep into this world. many today want to do both so they create doctrines that make it possible.

meshak

BANNED
Banned
its hard to follow the example of Jesus and at the same time rooted deep into this world. many today want to do both so they create doctrines that make it possible.

It is not because it is hard to follow Him. All Jesus asks is to do our best to be helpful or loving.

If we do our best to be like Him, it will show to the world. And that's the mission for His followers; to be salt and light of the world.

Jesus looks into our heart.

marhig

Mat 25 42-43

what does he believe?
whats his denomination?
how did he get baptized?

That's true, there is only one way and thats Jesus, the way not a denomination etc. Jesus is the way the truth and the life and his way is the only way is the way to follow and his life is the life to follow also.

marhig

That's true too, men create doctrines to suit man, Jesus preached a gospel to suit God. The way that Jesus teaches is a way that goes against the flesh and this world. And those who belong to him walk in the Spirit and worship God in Spirit and in truth, and they are not of this world anymore. They are in the world, but they are not of it. God loves those in the world but not the ways of the world and we are to leave the world behind when we truly follow Christ Jesus.

1 John 2

Love not the world, neither the things that are in the world. If any man love the world, the love of the Father is not in him. For all that is in the world, the lust of the flesh, and the lust of the eyes, and the pride of life, is not of the Father, but is of the world.
And the world passeth away, and the lust thereof: but he that doeth the will of God abideth for ever

Lazy afternoon

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
Mat 7:24 Therefore whosoever heareth these sayings of mine, and doeth them, I will liken him unto a wise man, which built his house upon a rock:
Mat 7:25 And the rain descended, and the floods came, and the winds blew, and beat upon that house; and it fell not: for it was founded upon a rock.
Mat 7:26 And every one that heareth these sayings of mine, and doeth them not, shall be likened unto a foolish man, which built his house upon the sand:
Mat 7:27 And the rain descended, and the floods came, and the winds blew, and beat upon that house; and it fell: and great was the fall of it.

Status
Not open for further replies.